Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 748

Thread: D90 User Group (V)

  1. #101
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The menu system in the D90 is more systematic and customisable than the D80 I used to own. I particularly liked the fact that the 'Fn' button could be customised to open up the 'My Menu', to which I would select certain often-used functions like self-timer, etc.
    At the time of launch, the 3" high-res display was also way ahead of the rest, though now it is purely par for the course
    Yes, I do find myself using the Fn button very often - especially when the Auto ISO is right on top of the list... Exposure Delay mode is 3rd or 4th item down...

    3 inch screens are very common these days... but I wonder when it will start to get bigger. Imagine a 4 inch screen on the DSLRs in the near future! I can't imagine a 6 inch down the road... there has to be a limit to the size. We don't want to carry a TV everywhere we go!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  2. #102
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The menu system in the D90 is more systematic and customisable than the D80 I used to own. I particularly liked the fact that the 'Fn' button could be customised to open up the 'My Menu', to which I would select certain often-used functions like self-timer, etc.
    At the time of launch, the 3" high-res display was also way ahead of the rest, though now it is purely par for the course
    yup, the shortcut is one of the new find on D90 for me that I appreciate alot... pressing a few times to get into menu can be slow...this is really thoughtful in the design...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  3. #103
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The menu system in the D90 is more systematic and customisable than the D80 I used to own. I particularly liked the fact that the 'Fn' button could be customised to open up the 'My Menu', to which I would select certain often-used functions like self-timer, etc.
    At the time of launch, the 3" high-res display was also way ahead of the rest, though now it is purely par for the course
    just to add on, you can also customize the DoF preview button to any other function (which i did), as i find it more accessible than the Fn button. that's what's great about having the option to customize these two buttons according to your own preferences.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  4. #104
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Gee thanks for reminding me that, I will customise the DOF button for other uses! Almost never use the DOF button...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #105
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Gee thanks for reminding me that, I will customise the DOF button for other uses! Almost never use the DOF button...
    that's why i prefer to use the DoF button as i also almost never use it as its intended purpose
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  6. #106
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    that's why i prefer to use the DoF button as i also almost never use it as its intended purpose
    The problem is, I'm already accustomed to the Fn button - quite "auto" already... Now I have to get used to the DoF bn's position for other uses...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #107
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    just to add on, you can also customize the DoF preview button to any other function (which i did), as i find it more accessible than the Fn button. that's what's great about having the option to customize these two buttons according to your own preferences.
    Ohhh... I didn't know that!
    Never noticed the menu option for customizing the DOF preview button.
    erm, but kinda too late to know this info ....
    Exploring! :)

  8. #108
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Ohhh... I didn't know that!
    Never noticed the menu option for customizing the DOF preview button.
    erm, but kinda too late to know this info ....
    maybe can try with your LX3
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  9. #109

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Good performance and quality with D90!!!

    ____________________________________
    http://chunkeangphotography.blogspot.com/

  10. #110

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    hello , erm i am using a D90 but i don't know where to ask my question haa so decided to post here

    where can i get a similar to demb flip it ? mmm nt too expensive maybe around 20 bucks?

    oh and i have stumble upon a canonet QL haa with lots of fungus, where can i get it serviced?

    Thank you!!

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seletar Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Why my D90 focus changed when I recomposed?

    I was shooting a ladder with a signboard at the right foreground. My setting was AFS-A and I used the center focus point. I focused at the ladder, half pressed the shutter release and recomposed. To my surprise, the camera changed to focus on the signboard while the shutter release was still half pressed.

    They were static objects, no movement, why would the focus shifted from the ladder to the signboard when I recomposed?

    Only when I changed the setting to AFS-S then the focus would stay on the ladder.

    I wonder why.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

  12. #112
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by LBL2009 View Post
    Why my D90 focus changed when I recomposed?

    I was shooting a ladder with a signboard at the right foreground. My setting was AFS-A and I used the center focus point. I focused at the ladder, half pressed the shutter release and recomposed. To my surprise, the camera changed to focus on the signboard while the shutter release was still half pressed.

    They were static objects, no movement, why would the focus shifted from the ladder to the signboard when I recomposed?

    Only when I changed the setting to AFS-S then the focus would stay on the ladder.

    I wonder why.
    I think you have to configure how the auto-focus is locked with regards to you half-pressing the shutter release. You might have set it to only be for exposure lock.

    though you said it worked fine with AF-S mode... hmmmm
    Exploring! :)

  13. #113
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesco View Post
    hello , erm i am using a D90 but i don't know where to ask my question haa so decided to post here

    where can i get a similar to demb flip it ? mmm nt too expensive maybe around 20 bucks?

    oh and i have stumble upon a canonet QL haa with lots of fungus, where can i get it serviced?

    Thank you!!
    neither of your questions is really related to the Nikon D90, wouldn't you say?
    Q1: maybe check out some of the mass sellers on CS, to see if they have alternative brands.
    Q2: I don't even know what a canonet ql is...
    Exploring! :)

  14. #114

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    haaaaaaaa okok! thanks =D anyway canonet ql is a very old canon camera lol!!

  15. #115

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    omg didnt know the DoF button can be customized for other use!

  16. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Seletar Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I think you have to configure how the auto-focus is locked with regards to you half-pressing the shutter release. You might have set it to only be for exposure lock.

    though you said it worked fine with AF-S mode... hmmmm
    I read the manual and found the solution.

    Half pressing shutter release locks focus in AF-S mode.
    In AF-A and AF-C modes, there are two steps - half press followed by pressing AE-L/AF-L button and the AE-L/AF-L has to be configured to have auto focus lock.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

  17. #117

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Hi guys,

    Can't see the improvement yet but check out the firmware 1.002. Scroll down to D90:
    http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answ...nikon-products

  18. #118
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty436 View Post
    Hi guys,

    Can't see the improvement yet but check out the firmware 1.002. Scroll down to D90:
    http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answ...nikon-products
    You have downloaded?
    It's mainly to do with distortion control, if you have it enabled.
    After updating the firmware, camera has a list of lens distortion characteristics of a number of lenses.
    When you shoot in JPG, the cam's processor will apply the distortion correction automatically.
    I have only a couple of the lenses in that list, but so far have not found any issues with distortion, even using the older firmware.
    I suppose if you're not exacting enough, can't spot the difference.
    Exploring! :)

  19. #119

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    You have downloaded?
    It's mainly to do with distortion control, if you have it enabled.
    After updating the firmware, camera has a list of lens distortion characteristics of a number of lenses.
    When you shoot in JPG, the cam's processor will apply the distortion correction automatically.
    I have only a couple of the lenses in that list, but so far have not found any issues with distortion, even using the older firmware.
    I suppose if you're not exacting enough, can't spot the difference.

    Thanks Zerocool. Yes I have. I guess I'm grateful for any form of improvement. Was looking for a workaround for the jellocam/video problems when I stumbled onto this.

  20. #120
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty436 View Post
    Thanks Zerocool. Yes I have. I guess I'm grateful for any form of improvement. Was looking for a workaround for the jellocam/video problems when I stumbled onto this.
    D90's video implementation is far from the best out there for DSLRs.
    It's a nice thing to have as an added feature during holidays, etc.

    That said, I've switched to a camera that has no video-capturing capability to speak of
    Exploring! :)

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •