Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 924293233343536 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 748

Thread: D90 User Group (V)

  1. #661

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Just back from suntec cny IT/furniture fair... D90 kit is now with sigma 18-200 lens (instead of previous nikkor 18-105) with no change in price at the nikon booth! Anyone comments?

  2. #662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Same old same old..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  3. #663
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Hi Newbie26. Got the grip just like you at SLRR today. Tried the battery I bought 2 weeks back and it can work with the grip. Not sure why you are disappointed nbut generally I find it better with grip. Only setback now is it cannot fit in my dry cabinet now. Got to rearrange to fit in now or upgrade the cabinet if the worst arises. Thanks!

  4. #664
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    anybody here using 24-70 f2.8 on d90 body? care to review & what you mostly shoot. TIA!

  5. #665
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by gnesgnoy View Post
    Hi Newbie26. Got the grip just like you at SLRR today. Tried the battery I bought 2 weeks back and it can work with the grip. Not sure why you are disappointed nbut generally I find it better with grip. Only setback now is it cannot fit in my dry cabinet now. Got to rearrange to fit in now or upgrade the cabinet if the worst arises. Thanks!
    Well, perhaps you may wanna double check and see if your Dry-Cabi is equipped with 'Adjustable-Tray' system ( take note on the two-sides whereby there're some kind of height-adjustable-things.....aiya I don't know the actual-name of it.....hope you can find it and hopefully yours is not the "Fixed=non-adjustable" type...!! All the best bro
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  6. #666
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky88 View Post
    anybody here using 24-70 f2.8 on d90 body? care to review & what you mostly shoot. TIA!
    Kind of a strange question if you ask me.
    This lens is a stellar performer by most accounts. Really sharp and very well built. Main downside is the weight and the price.
    Ultimately you have to ask yourself it you find that this lens fulfils a specific need, and you can live with the 'cons' of ownership
    Exploring! :)

  7. #667

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by clearlyblur View Post
    Just back from suntec cny IT/furniture fair... D90 kit is now with sigma 18-200 lens (instead of previous nikkor 18-105) with no change in price at the nikon booth! Anyone comments?
    May I know how much it is selling now?

    From what I can get from the internet is that the sigma 18-200 and nikkor 18-105, price wise not much different.... iq wise can't tell...
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  8. #668
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Kind of a strange question if you ask me.
    This lens is a stellar performer by most accounts. Really sharp and very well built. Main downside is the weight and the price.
    Ultimately you have to ask yourself it you find that this lens fulfils a specific need, and you can live with the 'cons' of ownership
    to me it fits my regular shoot which i think my kit lens can do too. just that the sharpness, noise of zoom build. make me want to get something which offer similar to kit with superior quality in any ways.

  9. #669
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky88 View Post
    to me it fits my regular shoot which i think my kit lens can do too. just that the sharpness, noise of zoom build. make me want to get something which offer similar to kit with superior quality in any ways.
    I would suggest that you think really hard about what lens you really want to get. Don't blow $2K+ on a lens then regret later on, or leave it at home like a white elephant coz it's too heavy or bulky.
    Exploring! :)

  10. #670

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky88 View Post
    anybody here using 24-70 f2.8 on d90 body? care to review & what you mostly shoot. TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by ducky88 View Post
    to me it fits my regular shoot which i think my kit lens can do too. just that the sharpness, noise of zoom build. make me want to get something which offer similar to kit with superior quality in any ways.
    This is a very good lens in terms of iq and build but if you are using it to shoot landscape photos, you are paying for an expensive equipment that is hard to justify your outlay versus return (not necessary in terms of money). There are people who have such combo and quite likely this is the most common zoom range they are shooting at, required fast lens and have a deep pocket.

    If you are shooting landscape mostly, suggestion is just stick with your kit lens.
    just for your reference, this was shot using a D3000 and a 18-55 lens

    ps. having such a light setup, I was able to get away using a cheap plasticky tripod


    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Kind of a strange question if you ask me.
    This lens is a stellar performer by most accounts. Really sharp and very well built. Main downside is the weight and the price.
    Ultimately you have to ask yourself it you find that this lens fulfils a specific need, and you can live with the 'cons' of ownership
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I would suggest that you think really hard about what lens you really want to get. Don't blow $2K+ on a lens then regret later on, or leave it at home like a white elephant coz it's too heavy or bulky.
    agree... the biggest con of this lens is probably its size and weight? (and a big hole in the pocket?)
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  11. #671

    Default

    Just landed a d90 body for a cheap $650. Awesome camera thus far. Now to get a wide angle lens.

  12. #672

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Nikon still holding the kit price at $1588, but bundled with a 3rd-party lens... dont know why.

  13. #673
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    This is a very good lens in terms of iq and build but if you are using it to shoot landscape photos, you are paying for an expensive equipment that is hard to justify your outlay versus return (not necessary in terms of money). There are people who have such combo and quite likely this is the most common zoom range they are shooting at, required fast lens and have a deep pocket.

    If you are shooting landscape mostly, suggestion is just stick with your kit lens.
    just for your reference, this was shot using a D3000 and a 18-55 lens

    ps. having such a light setup, I was able to get away using a cheap plasticky tripod





    agree... the biggest con of this lens is probably its size and weight? (and a big hole in the pocket?)
    I'm aware of what kit lens IQ. my main purpose it not just shooting at landscape but more than it sometimes low light too.

  14. #674
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ducky88 View Post
    I'm aware of what kit lens IQ. my main purpose it not just shooting at landscape but more than it sometimes low light too.
    I mean... if you think that the 24-70 focal range is useful to you, and the performance (which is great by all accounts) justifies the price tag, then so be it It ain't my $$
    Exploring! :)

  15. #675
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I mean... if you think that the 24-70 focal range is useful to you, and the performance (which is great by all accounts) justifies the price tag, then so be it It ain't my $$
    ok. brother here using what lens?

  16. #676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gnesgnoy
    HI, I got it for $45/-.

    24-70/2.8 - Not in my radar screen. 24mm is bit narrow for D90. I think 17-50mm suits better, if there is 16-85/2.8, then it may consider as it covers wide to tele.

    Cheers~
    From which shop you got 45$?

  17. #677
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    SLRR Funan Centre level 4

  18. #678
    Member NeTHaCk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Ive been thinking if i should upgrade my d90.

    Kinda scared to send my cam to service centre haha..

    Rubber grip gone..
    AF light no longer functioning..
    No more AF lock sound..
    Hot shoe mount kinda loose ..

    I'm scared to know the repair cost haha..
    Nikon D7000 : Tamron 17-50VC f2.8, SB-900
    Nikon D90 : Nikon 18-105 VR, SB-600

  19. #679

    Default

    Sounds like it has been through hell and back. Personally if the repairs are below $200 I'll repair but if not I'll upgrade to a d7000.

  20. #680
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

    Quote Originally Posted by NeTHaCk View Post
    Ive been thinking if i should upgrade my d90.

    Kinda scared to send my cam to service centre haha..

    Rubber grip gone..
    AF light no longer functioning..
    No more AF lock sound..
    Hot shoe mount kinda loose ..

    I'm scared to know the repair cost haha..
    - Rubber grip can buy (from NSC) and DIY install.. I think it's not too expensive.
    - AF assist light... can live without. I normally disable it anyway.
    - No AF lock sound? The beeping sound? Also can live without
    - Hot shoe mount loose: can disassemble and knock it back into shape!


    or just get a D4
    Exploring! :)

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 924293233343536 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •