Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: D90 User Group (V)

Default Re: D90 User Group (V)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    But we do not know how much is "a lot of money" to him/her. With no definite budget stated and clear elaboration of "wide view", it's difficult to advise.

But UWAs can also be quite reasonably priced. Like Sigma 10-20mm?
    True also. I bought my Sigma 10-20 for $450 (used; from my friend)

comparing a similarly wide stitched shot and uwa shot, there is noticeable difference in distortion and there will be at times when situation does not allow for a stitched shot. Things moved within the frame.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    To do a good panoramic image will require a good understanding (ok, that doesn't cost much in real $) and a decently solid setup. May be beyond the "I can't spend a lot of money" budget limit as well...
    Or you could just get a (God forbid!) Sony NEX for the Pano's...Thats what I'm planning on doing...I just recently sold my Panon F5 Widelux, and my Ebony "wide" 45 with Horseman 6X12 is next to be sold!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KYFoong
    You may like to try out "poor man's wide angle lens". It is actually a wide angle adapter attached to the front of your lens. I used it on my compact and the result is quite good. Do not expect professional quality but I would say it is value for money for budget constraint.
    Hi kyfoong And everyone,
    Thank you so much for all of your comment. As you know I have 3 lens but I will not selling anything for make a fund. Because I have another nikon body so I need them. I can spend 100-150$$ for wide angle lens. I just interested about kyfoong's comment that is "poor man's wide angle lens" . Hi kyfoong, can you tell me the price of that lens!! And where can buy, the name of brand?
    Thank to all :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw kyaw View Post
    Hi kyfoong And everyone,
    Thank you so much for all of your comment. As you know I have 3 lens but I will not selling anything for make a fund. Because I have another nikon body so I need them. I can spend 100-150$$ for wide angle lens. I just interested about kyfoong's comment that is "poor man's wide angle lens" . Hi kyfoong, can you tell me the price of that lens!! And where can buy, the name of brand?
    My suggestion is save your 150 and save up more for a proper uwa lens. The best value for money and the cheapest is the sigma 10-20 second hand. selling between 500-600.

I second KYFoong suggestion of stitching your shots for a wider frame in the mean time.

Hi kyfoong And everyone,
    I would adivse you not to get such an item.
    Really, I think you're better off working with whatever equipment you have now and maximizing it.
    Exploring! :)

Thank for all,
    I will think to buy sigma 10-20mm lens. Hi anyone , can share photo who taken with 10-20mm lens , please compare with normal photo wide??? Thank

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaw kyaw
    Thank for all,
    I will think to buy sigma 10-20mm lens. Hi anyone , can share photo who taken with 10-20mm lens , please compare with normal photo wide??? Thank
    Visit the sigma,tamron,tokina sub section, there should be a thread on this lens.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Thank for all,
    Just goto photo site like flickr.com and search for sigma 10-20 group photos.

Thank for all,
    Please don't simply take our advices. Read everything in the forum with a pinch of salt. Go find and read about these wide angle attachment. There should be some discussion on this and someone did a test of such attachment in this forum and other forum. You will then know why we suggested getting a proper uwa lens.

Thank for all,
    Sorry I have been busy. Will post some pictures here for your comparison before you decide. (with the wide angle attachment on 18-55) and Sigma 10-20. 1 or 2 more days.

Newbie here.. just got my D90 on april!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnymau
    Newbie here.. just got my D90 on april!
    Welcome and congrats(long overdue)!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

I have been using it quite frequently and in love with it... however i find the contrast procduce is rather weak. I need to pp to get better contrast for the pics. Do you guys face the same problem or due to my lousy skills Sometimes I will also increase the WB value to get a warmer tone. Any guru here can advise on this? Any tips on how to get better color? Btw I find D7000(from my friend) give much better contrast.

Hi guys im planning to buy 35mm 1.8 for my d90. Any feedback on it? May i know your thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbomb
    Hi guys im planning to buy 35mm 1.8 for my d90. Any feedback on it? May i know your thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
    Try using your kit lens at 35mm to see if it suits you first. Is it going to be your first prime? If yes, you got to get used to zooming yourself instead of the lens
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbomb View Post
    It's my first prime. I use it more often than 50mm for daily use. The bokeh from 50mm is better though.

Quote Originally Posted by rains

It's my first prime. I use it more often than 50mm for daily use. The bokeh from 50mm is better though.
    Sorry, I dun really understand. You haven't got it yet but you use it more than your 50mm?

If you feel comfortable with it, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Sorry, I dun really understand. You haven't got it yet but you use it more than your 50mm?

If you feel comfortable with it, why not?
    Oh, I did say 'It (35mm 1.8)'s my first prime'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnymau
    I have been using it quite frequently and in love with it... however i find the contrast procduce is rather weak. I need to pp to get better contrast for the pics. Do you guys face the same problem or due to my lousy skills Sometimes I will also increase the WB value to get a warmer tone. Any guru here can advise on this? Any tips on how to get better color? Btw I find D7000(from my friend) give much better contrast.
    Do u shoot in raw or jpeg?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast