Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 17323740414243444752 ... LastLast

Thread: We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses!

Default Re: We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses!

Quote Originally Posted by sikdik View Post
    @ mrthinker - is there anywhere I can find it locally ?
    @sikdik
    I am not sure about where you can get locally but you can order from focusingscreen.
    The other site you can order from katzeye.

Hello!

I am thinking of getting a Nikon ED 300mm f/2.8 AI lens. I am not sure where I can go looking for a shop that sells these kinds of MF lens? Hope someone can point me in the right direction please.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiphoto View Post
    Hello!

I am thinking of getting a Nikon ED 300mm f/2.8 AI lens. I am not sure where I can go looking for a shop that sells these kinds of MF lens? Hope someone can point me in the right direction please.
    Make a trip around Peninsula from Mon-Sat.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

@ kaiphoto : you can try at P & G photographic on ground floor

The manual lens that i am very pleased with...

Full uncropped shot of my outfield test.

Nikkor 400mm f3.5 + TC16A + TC16A = 1536mm (35mm)

Iso 2000, 1/200, f9.

RGB Metering & Focusing.

I've been eyeing the 400mm f3.5 AIS for a while now, how do you find the handling when hand holding it (if that's possible), and how is it wide open and slightly stopped down without teleconverters?

Quote Originally Posted by kcchew
    I've been eyeing the 400mm f3.5 AIS for a while now, how do you find the handling when hand holding it (if that's possible), and how is it wide open and slightly stopped down without teleconverters?
    Handling is good, weight wise is front heavy which is not too ideal... I usually only handheld for birds in flight shots, short duration. It is still heavy for prolong handheld. Wide open sharp, contrast ok. Stopped down 1 stop is the sweet spot, sharp n good contrast. Above is shot wide open with 2 teleconverters stacked. In focus area is sharp enough with good details but not for birding shots that requires critical sharpness etc. CA is minimal at f5.6, easily removed via Nikon NX2.

I eyed it for 2 years before I find a good copy in Sg.
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm finding 300mm to be increasingly insufficient and I found out that Nikon made 400mm f3.5 and f5.6 MF primes. Maybe I'll have a look at the f5.6, which seems much more hand holdable.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Make a trip around Peninsula from Mon-Sat.
    thank you! i think u mean peninsula plaza which is where the Cathay photo is located at?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiphoto View Post
    i think u mean peninsula plaza which is where the Cathay photo is located at?
    its at peninsular shopping center where peninsular excelsior hotel is

Of foam and bokeh

Of foam and bokeh by Scintt, on Flickr

Freelensing at a foam party, I must be mad. Wish I had a tilt lens though.

50mm f/1.4 AIS on D800E. Free-lensed.

OO

OO by Scintt, on Flickr

35mm f/2 AIS on D800E.

I got myself an early christmas present in the form of a 50mm f/1.2 AIS. Time to bid my AF-S 50mm goodbye.

Puddle by pseudophotog, on Flickr

Raindrops on leaves by pseudophotog, on Flickr
    Last edited by kcchew; 9th December 2012 at 11:11 PM.

With the 45 PC-E

-------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpond View Post
    Yes, and I deliberately chose a moderate distance of about 5 feet from the subject -- not too far and not too near. Any 50mm lens shd perform well at this distance?

About 5 feet from the subject

D7000 + 50mm F2 AI

Cropped from above photo

Last edited by kkchin; 16th December 2012 at 02:07 PM.

Hi all,

Been a long time since i posted here. Been quite a busy month for me, and now with some free time, shall contribute some photos. :D

The following photos were taken on a China trip, with a D600 and a 20mm f4. The 20mm is really a gem for traveling and street photography since its even smaller than a 50mm lens. Just set f8 and at hyperfocal distance, everything from infinity to 0.8m will be in focus. This way, it shoots even faster than any AF lens. Distortion is not obvious, at least for what I shoot. Vignetting is obvious at f4, but 1 stop down its mostly solved. Sharpness is more than adequate for me, even from a D600, but everybody has different opinion haha, so I shall leave it at that.

No extensive pp done, just a simple s curve and resize in PS. I'm really in love with the colour from the D600 sensor.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte
    Hi all,

Been a long time since i posted here. Been quite a busy month for me, and now with some free time, shall contribute some photos.

The following photos were taken on a China trip, with a D600 and a 20mm f4. The 20mm is really a gem for traveling and street photography since its even smaller than a 50mm lens. Just set f8 and at hyperfocal distance, everything from infinity to 0.8m will be in focus. This way, it shoots even faster than any AF lens. Distortion is not obvious, at least for what I shoot. Vignetting is obvious at f4, but 1 stop down its mostly solved. Sharpness is more than adequate for me, even from a D600, but everybody has different opinion haha, so I shall leave it at that.

No extensive pp done, just a simple s curve and resize in PS. I'm really in love with the colour from the D600 sensor.
    Excellent!

Thanks for all the compliments.

Some more street shots with the 105mm f1.8 AIS:

I find the character of the 105mm f1.8 very interesting, a little soft with some coma wide open, with a visible vignette that some love/hate it (I like it haha), with ok bokeh and low macrocontrast. One stop or two down, its clinically sharp and contrasty with the look of more modern glasses. Needless to say, I shoot this lens wide open 90% of the time just for that look. The below 2 sots were taken wide open on D600, with processing done in PS, minus sharpening:

50mm f2 AI, around f8, colour processed in PS, D600: