Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help...t.t

Quote Originally Posted by driveanegg
    TS -
    Please do yourself a favor. Go library borrow a book called "understanding exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Its a bit repeatitive at times. The pictures are not really outstanding. But its free of charge. Very well organised. And it teaches you what you want to know for the moment now.

Just my 2c worth.
    Happy learning
    But if YouTube videos and short but simple illustrations in the sticky threads can't get the message across, do you think Bryan Peterson's book (a good book might I add) will "succeed where others have failed"? Let's just say I have my doubts
    Exploring! :)

Graton
    Guests

Decided not to go for lens yet cuz I have a
    75-300 lens a 50 and my kit
    Lens and I think that they should do just fine however I will surf the net fir
    More I info until I learn all
    Not going to buy a lens

Default Re: Help...t.t

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    But if YouTube videos and short but simple illustrations in the sticky threads can't get the message across, do you think Bryan Peterson's book (a good book might I add) will "succeed where others have failed"? Let's just say I have my doubts
    some people don't read the rest of the posts before making a reply

@TS: if only by practical will you learn something, go out on some of the newbie gatherings to learn more from the seniors.

TS you sound really kanchiong! Haha. I started off like you too. Really gotta take some notes and bring the cam out for pictures! I think you gotta familiarize with the cam, as well as the lens. Try playing 1 thing at a time? Take it easy

Graton
    Guests

Thanks everyone for their info I will try tv and pv mode later as for m mode I will try when I master pv and tv mode

Quote Originally Posted by Graton
    Thanks everyone for their info I will try tv and pv mode later as for m mode I will try when I master pv and tv mode
    What is pv mode?

And going through the exposure modes is not like progressing through primary school, from primary 1 to primary 4. Each mode has different function, depending on the intended shot you wanna capture.

Graton
    Guests

Well I understand what u mean and I am going to learn and understand p mode then slowly learn the rest of the mode

Btw cousin gave me a 28-70 mm sigma lens and is it good?

I dont think there is a good/bad lens? Depends on whatcha wanna take!

Quote Originally Posted by Graton
    Well I understand what u mean and I am going to learn and understand p mode then slowly learn the rest of the mode

Btw cousin gave me a 28-70 mm sigma lens and is it good?
    "Good" is a subjective word.
    Well, 28-70 covers normal-to-short telephoto range. Fairly useful as a general purpose lens, though you might wish for something wider.

Do spend more time actively shooting and experimenting. Asking many questions online doesn't seem to work for your learning style

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hmm... you are right. I really didnt read the rest of the thread.
    Now that I have read some of it ....

I think trial and error is a good thing after all ... since no cost is involved
    I probably collect lenses more than I take pictures
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33270154@N03/

Don't think of the modes as level 1, level 2, level 3, ... lessons or examinations. Yes, aperture priority and shutter priority are harder to use than program, manual is harder to use than everything else, but there's absolutely no need to try to rush through and learn all of them.

Start with program mode. Go around taking more and more photographs. You may then start to realize that some shots could be better if you had been able to adjust certain parameters (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, etc). The rest should naturally follow.

M mode isn't necessary for, I dare say, your first year of photography or even more. Don't think of it as some ultimate skill that must be learned to master it all. E.g: my dial is glued to aperture priority for ages, because of my style and what I tend to take (but please don't blindly follow this example).

Have fun!

Think of it this way might help you, (feel free to swap "water" with light)

ISO is how much water you need, 3200 ISO- less water needed, 100 ISO- more water needed, but got more water means less thirsty, which means less noisy.

Shutter speed is how long you let the water flow, longer shutter speed, more water, shorter shutter speed, less water, 1/4000- very little water, 1/10, quite alot of water, 10seconds, alot of water,

Aperture is how much water you let in per unit time, F22 being very little water, F1.8 being more water at once,

the exposure triangle is basically trying to balance how much "water" you get without giving in too much,(over exposed) or too little(underexposed). once you've understood these few concepts, then comes in how different aperture, shutterspeed and ISO affects the image, but for now, the basics

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345