Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help...t.t

Default Re: Help...t.t

Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    Bro howcome u like that one I a newb but then I am willing to learn la don be like that
    Sorry for interrupting....there are ALOT of information in the stickies of the Newbies Corner. I believe many have yet to even digest 1/2 of it.

Learning comes from different methods and at a different pace.
    1) Some genius reads the Stickies and understand all of it before even shooting.
    2) Some or many others Read the stickies and shoot with those notes/information in mind and trying to relate it.
    3) Some didn't bother reading stickies and hands on all the way and learn faster than reading those stickies.

I'm pretty sure you belong to one of it. Just follow that style you like most and start having fun with the camera.

IMO, DSLR is a camera that allows you to "customize" all kind of shots which will most probably be limited by one's creativity. Try exploring different kind of settings to get different effects (or you can also try different settings to get SAME effect). If exploring is not your type, I think u can stick to "auto" mode. *not trying to sound nasty here....but it's a fact.*

Rgds.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

As some have mentioned here before, TS may be the type of people who need hands on experience to learn, and reading stuff or listening or watching will not help him to understand. There are people who are like that and there is nothing wrong with them, it's just that they learn differently because their brains work differently. Just because most people can read/watch/listen and understand doesn't mean everyone can.

In such a case I suggest the TS to try out shooting a static object at home or something in full manual mode and changing each setting 1 by 1 and see what difference it makes, should help to understand better.
    Last edited by brapodam; 1st February 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    Excellent tutorial
    Yeah.. I find this useful for newbie because it's in layman's term.. no jargon or whatsoever.

i gather from the replies.. yea it seems like TS is just sitting at home and being an armchair detective.

TS: please go out.

using Tv mode.
    take a picture of someone walking: 1st with shutter speed set to to 1/20s then the other set to 1/125s

using Av mode.
    take a picture of a person standing 2m away from you at your largest aperture at your kit lens. then take a picture of the same person, same distance to subject and with same focal length, but with the smallest aperture this time. look at the background. notice any difference?

Bro howcome u like that one I a newb but then I am willing to learn la don be like that
    sorry to be cynical, but I really don't believe that you've been putting in the 'fair' amount of effort to learn.

At the moment you only 'claim' to have read all the sticky threads meant for newbies, and yet you don't understand. I mean... those threads were put up specifically for newbies such as yourself, and worded in simple english so as not to be confusing, and with photos and illustration too. If after reading through all those threads and you still can't understand, then you really need more specific/personalized help. Usually you'll have to pay for that, but some kind souls on this thread are offering to 'babysit' you.
    Maybe you can take up their offer and treat them to a drink/meal as a way of thanks.

Good luck in your learning journey!

Graton
    Guests

okay i figured my whole day while i was on mc is that when i have a long shutter speed from my kit lens 18-55mm is 1/4000 and i can match with a high aperture like f/32 to balance it am i right?as for the iso i can stick to 800 but just find a better aperture and shutter speed to match with it am i right??

Quote Originally Posted by Graton
    okay i figured my whole day while i was on mc is that when i have a long shutter speed from my kit lens 18-55mm is 1/4000 and i can match with a high aperture like f/32 to balance it am i right?as for the iso i can stick to 800 but just find a better aperture and shutter speed to match with it am i right??
    1/4000 is not a long shutter speed and your kit lens shld have a maximum of only f22 at 18mm. ISO it depends, if possible, you want it as low as possible. And if you use 1/4000 with f32, soon you will come here and ask why all of your pictures are black.
    Last edited by spree86; 1st February 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Graton
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    1/4000 is not a long shutter speed and your kit lens shld have a maximum of only f22 at 18mm. ISO it depends, if possible, you want it as low as possible
    sorry not quite sure with the terms but am i right if i have a fast shutter speed and it must match a small aperature right??

sorry not quite sure with the terms but am i right if i have a fast shutter speed and it must match a small aperature right??
    No, if you have a small aperture, you are allowing less light in, therefore you will need slower shutter speeds to compensate for that

1/4000 means the shutter speed is 1/4000 s, so it's a really fast shutter speed. Also, try not to stop down so much, diffraction will occur and the images produced will become less sharp. Around F16 should be the max you use for the kit lens, don't go beyond that unless you really need to. As for ISO, you want to keep it the lowest as possible, so if you don't need such a fast shutter speed to freeze the motion, lower your ISO. Lower ISOs retain the best image quality. However, don't be afraid to raise your ISO if you need to. A noisy shot is better than a blur shot unless you intend to do some creative blurring.

Also, I think you may have been confused with the aperture number and the aperture size. The higher the f number, the smaller the aperture. So F1.4 is a large aperture, F22 is a small aperture.
    Last edited by brapodam; 1st February 2011 at 07:10 PM.

There are a few kind souls here including Samtac and Kei who offered to help you, have you taken up any of their offers?

Graton
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    There are a few kind souls here including Samtac and Kei who offered to help you, have you taken up any of their offers?
    i did love to but i have school till 6 plus everyday where got time T.T i also want them to guide me

i did love to but i have school till 6 plus everyday where got time T.T i also want them to guide me
    Hmm I might be shooting on this sat or sun, can PM me if you are interested

Blog Entries

Some folks do better learning via visuals ..... just surf and search around youtube.... there are hundreds and hundreds of clips explaining almost everything photography that a newbie should find useful/helpful

anyway Graton , I'm helping ONLY because your post history since joining has been questions looking to learn and understand photography, flipping around like a fish in Buy and Sell with your (I assume ) first equipment and not mucking around in Kopitiam

if u have not gotten the basics down yet, i suggest .... best to purchase later with an educated opinion and an understanding of how to use/control your equipment first

Dont worry, the learning curve nowadays is very quick and very steep

WHAT IS ISO?
    Video Missing

Video Missing

WHAT IS APERTURE?
    Video Missing

WHAT IS SHUTTER SPEED
    Video Missing

Video Missing
    Last edited by ed9119; 1st February 2011 at 10:35 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

WHAT IS AND HOW TO USE EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
    Video Missing

GUIDE TO PHOTO TAKING
    Video Missing

some of the videos are old (see above, the SD card is still a 256mb LOL )but nothing has changed much on the basics and fundamentals
    since you're a newbie.... just follow the mainstream standard principles and ideas first to good photo taking

once you get the fundamentals right, then experiment around and develop your own style
    Last edited by ed9119; 2nd February 2011 at 07:45 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

How old are you by the way?

Graton
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    How old are you by the way?
    16 this year

@TS: pretty young...

hmm *when i was your age*...

@ed9119 *salute*

16 this year
    Hi TS,

If you keen, can PM me. Since both of us are noobs to photography may be can learn from each other more. Will be easier as both of us are using the same kit. Not too sure the others using what.

Others, what do you think?

uh, yah, I'm 26.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

best to go along with someone who can teach you. 2 people who are new, you'll just be either learning slowly or just amplifying the wrong ideas.

i just brought 2 new Alpha users to Chinatown on tuesday night. at least they learnt something. i noticed that if i hadn't pointed out stuff to them, they would have either taken a longer time to find out, or would just continue making the same mistakes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast