Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: Help...t.t

  1. #1
    Graton
    Guests

    Default Help...t.t

    I recently just got my eos 550D and i started reading out all the manuals and all stickies in clubsnap however i don understand

    WHAT is
    Shutter
    ISO Speed
    Aperture
    Exposure Compansation


    Googled them up however still don understand help me i read the user manual 2 times le but still don know help!!!






    thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton
    I recently just got my eos 550D and i started reading out all the manuals and all stickies in clubsnap however i don understand

    WHAT is
    Shutter
    ISO Speed
    Aperture
    Exposure Compansation

    Googled them up however still don understand help me i read the user manual 2 times le but still don know help!!!



    thanks in advance
    I guess you are a more hands-on person. Get someone to go shooting with you and let them show you in person

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    have you tried to read this?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

    this thread is very basic and helpful.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    I recently just got my eos 550D and i started reading out all the manuals and all stickies in clubsnap however i don understand

    WHAT is
    Shutter
    ISO Speed
    Aperture
    Exposure Compansation


    Googled them up however still don understand help me i read the user manual 2 times le but still don know help!!!






    thanks in advance
    So you googled "what is shutter speed" and did not understand? It's as basic as "how long light is allowed to hit the sensor". It's covered in extremely basic detail with sample videos too.

    I'm sorry, but if after the basic videos, and the ability to try it on your camera, you still don't understand... i'm really not sure how far you can go in a field where you can't grasp the basics. Maybe just stick to "auto" mode.
    Alpha

  5. #5

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Doesn't canon offer a DSLR fundamentals workshop for free with a DSLR purchase? If yes, you should attend.
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    I recently just got my eos 550D and i started reading out all the manuals and all stickies in clubsnap however i don understand

    WHAT is
    Shutter
    ISO Speed
    Aperture
    Exposure Compansation

    Googled them up however still don understand help me i read the user manual 2 times le but still don know help!!!



    thanks in advance
    I seriously don't believe that you've read ALL the sticky threads and still cannot understand the basic fundamentals.
    Have you read:

    Photography Notes For Newbies

    or this?
    Photography Basics Blog - What is ISO? Aperture?

    TRY HARDER

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Graton
    Guests

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    So you googled "what is shutter speed" and did not understand? It's as basic as "how long light is allowed to hit the sensor". It's covered in extremely basic detail with sample videos too.

    I'm sorry, but if after the basic videos, and the ability to try it on your camera, you still don't understand... i'm really not sure how far you can go in a field where you can't grasp the basics. Maybe just stick to "auto" mode.
    it kind of kills the purpose of buying a dslr right?

  9. #9
    Graton
    Guests

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Doesn't canon offer a DSLR fundamentals workshop for free with a DSLR purchase? If yes, you should attend.
    now still can i did not know have this kind of workshop i bought from sitex and that guy never say

  10. #10

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    it kind of kills the purpose of buying a dslr right?
    A DSLR would be there to take your photography to the next level - but it also assumes you either already have an understanding of the basics, or have the ability to understand the basics. The numerous guides available on here are as basic as it gets, and usually also have accompanying videos and images / examples.

    if you still can't understand what even shutter speed is after all that, then maybe you don't have a knack for it. Try shooting and experimenting instead, see what happens as you change the settings.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton

    now still can i did not know have this kind of workshop i bought from sitex and that guy never say
    It's on the same paper as your online warranty I think, check it again and see

  12. #12
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    maybe TS can consider forking out some money and paying someone to teach him on a 1-to-1 basis...?

    After all, as a society we seem ever willing to pay huge sums of money to learn something (driving lessons, tuition, enrichment classes, piano lessons, etc), so why should photography be any different?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    [QUOTE=Graton;6942121]I recently just got my eos 550D and i started reading out all the manuals and all stickies in clubsnap however i don understand

    WHAT is
    Shutter
    ISO Speed
    Aperture
    Exposure Compansation




    If you cannot understand by reading, there are tons of video tutorial available.... learn how to search them ...

    http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-wor...Speed-72415937
    http://www.5min.com/Video/Learn-abou...ivity-72415973
    http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-use...son-1-72416098

  14. #14

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    maybe TS can consider forking out some money and paying someone to teach him on a 1-to-1 basis...?

    After all, as a society we seem ever willing to pay huge sums of money to learn something (driving lessons, tuition, enrichment classes, piano lessons, etc), so why should photography be any different?
    i volunteer first LOL!

  15. #15
    Graton
    Guests

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    thanks understood view everything basically understood that if there are moving object must have high shutter speed,if u want to focus an object with background full of toys f/small number instead of f/big number will do as for ISO is that that higher the grainier however a smaller ISO looks better on a tripod and meter i shall leave it neutral

    am i right???

  16. #16

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    thanks understood view everything basically understood that if there are moving object must have high shutter speed,if u want to focus an object with background full of toys f/small number instead of f/big number will do as for ISO is that that higher the grainier however a smaller ISO looks better on a tripod and meter i shall leave it neutral

    am i right???
    You are correct about the effects of the 3, but you need to understand *why* they cause that effect.
    Alpha

  17. #17

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    thanks understood view everything basically understood that if there are moving object must have high shutter speed,if u want to focus an object with background full of toys f/small number instead of f/big number will do as for ISO is that that higher the grainier however a smaller ISO looks better on a tripod and meter i shall leave it neutral

    am i right???
    1) faster shutter speed for moving objects correct.
    2) smaller f number to blur out the toys in the background but the toy that's in the front is still sharp and in focus.
    3) ISO controls the sensitivity of the Sensor. using a higher ISO allows for faster shutter speeds as well as ability to capture shots under low light conditions. the higher the ISO that you use, you introduce noise into the picture.

    you're almost there with understanding the basics. keep it up!

  18. #18
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Video on Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk78nH3d8hU

  19. #19
    Graton
    Guests

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You are correct about the effects of the 3, but you need to understand *why* they cause that effect.
    1)the smaller my shutter speed the amount of light is let in
    For example,if i were to take a picture,a big aperture like f/22 will have a full view and focus of the whole scene where if a f1.2 aperture i can only have a sall area of focus maybe in the front or back right??

    2)Shutter Speed-A fast shutter speed gives me a image that is moving instead of a blurred one for smaller shutter like 1/15 the image will be blur
    Foe example i want to ake a picture of a human cheetah i will have to use my maximum shutter speed right?

    3)the higher the ISO the more the aount of light can enter the image but it comes with a noisy pixels right?


    Let me know if i am wrong thanks a lot for the time!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Help...t.t

    Quote Originally Posted by Graton View Post
    1)the smaller my shutter speed the amount of light is let in
    For example,if i were to take a picture,a big aperture like f/22 will have a full view and focus of the whole scene where if a f1.2 aperture i can only have a sall area of focus maybe in the front or back right??
    Just read THIS that explains aperture.
    If you can say that f/22 is a big aperture, means you don't understand the post?
    siao liao la

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •