Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: New Guy is here~

  1. #21

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    Hi all, just join this forums..

    considering selling my C 1000D and change to N D3100...
    any idea??

    Thanks~~
    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i think...we scared TS off...
    Ha ha. Yeah good idea, go buy the D3100. It is a good camera.

    Welcome to CS!

  2. #22

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by Jolex View Post
    Huumm.. Really rings a bell to me, I was the only one with a SLR among my friends and i had to bite the bullet to learn and do homework by myself as there was no 'real life person' to learn from and i think that really was to my benefit, I even read the manual on the MRT but of course i tend to forget this and that sometimes..haha.. Anyway, we all picked up this hobby on our own free will right? Knowing my camera will help me take good photos, but so far it has not make me take good photos.. haha.. Agree? Just my thoughts
    Agree. Much easier if you have a friend who is into this hobby. My friend uses pentax, I uses canon, I learn from her. No friend? get one. lots of outings for newcomers in outing sub-forum.

    I also read my camera user manual on the MRT last time. Haha. Definitely helps.

    I don't dare to say I take good photos but I do have some photos that I like personally. Isn't that good too?
    Canon 550D - EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS / EF 50mm f1.8 II
    Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

  3. #23
    Member Aikiway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    on the east side of Singapore
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Maybe you should follow C users then. :P

    Regardless what camera u use, the main point depends on the photographer himself/herself. Cuz its up to individual to decide on factors such as lighting, angle, composition.

  4. #24

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Welcome to CS

  5. #25

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    thanks all for comment and suggestions.. i heard C is coming out with 1100D.. damn seller... thinking he is cleaning his store then suggest me to buy this 1000D... so now only keep trying to learn to use this DSLR. unless someone insist wanna buy over my C lo~~ haha
    Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 18-200mm VR + Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
    http://fotolah.com/?fromuser=wayne0507

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507
    thanks all for comment and suggestions.. i heard C is coming out with 1100D.. damn seller... thinking he is cleaning his store then suggest me to buy this 1000D... so now only keep trying to learn to use this DSLR. unless someone insist wanna buy over my C lo~~ haha
    Nothing wrong with the 1000D, why blame the seller? If you are asking for a camera that's suitable for a beginner, I think he did a good job recommending this

  7. #27

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    i just want to blame the seller sell me 1000D which on market more than 2yrs when i want to buy N D3100 which just comeout 4months...
    Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 18-200mm VR + Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
    http://fotolah.com/?fromuser=wayne0507

  8. #28

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    thanks all for comment and suggestions.. i heard C is coming out with 1100D.. damn seller... thinking he is cleaning his store then suggest me to buy this 1000D... so now only keep trying to learn to use this DSLR. unless someone insist wanna buy over my C lo~~ haha
    erm... unless it's a father buying for his kid to play with

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    i just want to blame the seller sell me 1000D which on market more than 2yrs when i want to buy N D3100 which just comeout 4months...
    that's what happens when you go to a shop to buy something you don't know much about.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507
    i just want to blame the seller sell me 1000D which on market more than 2yrs when i want to buy N D3100 which just comeout 4months...
    So why didn't you insist that you want a D3100?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507
    thanks all for comment and suggestions.. i heard C is coming out with 1100D.. damn seller... thinking he is cleaning his store then suggest me to buy this 1000D... so now only keep trying to learn to use this DSLR. unless someone insist wanna buy over my C lo~~ haha
    try sell ya C in B&S then get the N lo.. can consider getting 2nd hand N so the $ lost wont be so much..

  11. #31

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    at the tiem i ask for D3100. the seller is asking me wanna use new learner DSLR? so he suggest me that 1000D is good also~~ but what i want D3100 is it come out aug last year, is new tech and higher resolution. i dun know the 1000D come out so many year already.. then seller still compare 1000D with D3100. compare a new product to me with a 2 yrs product. u said is the seller wanna cheat me?? somemore he selling me a UV filter at 2x expensive than market rate.(this thing, i din know b4 i go and buy D3100, i ask my friend to go with me but he keep saying he not free, and ask to buy myself..) since the seller compare with me 1000D and D3100. if i know is comeout 2yrs ago, i sure wont buy it... just like compare iphone3g with samsung galaxy S...
    Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 18-200mm VR + Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
    http://fotolah.com/?fromuser=wayne0507

  12. #32

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    another case of carrots getting chopped >.<

    anyways wayne. since you've got the 1000D, just use it to learn the basics of photography first. like the rest have mentioned, it's the photographer, not the camera. even if you switch to Nikon, given your current level, there won't be an improvement. do hear the advices, and don't be like others who think that great photos come from "expensive cameras" or "particular brands" or "particular lenses".

  13. #33

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    at the tiem i ask for D3100. the seller is asking me wanna use new learner DSLR? so he suggest me that 1000D is good also~~ but what i want D3100 is it come out aug last year, is new tech and higher resolution. i dun know the 1000D come out so many year already.. then seller still compare 1000D with D3100. compare a new product to me with a 2 yrs product. u said is the seller wanna cheat me?? somemore he selling me a UV filter at 2x expensive than market rate.(this thing, i din know b4 i go and buy D3100, i ask my friend to go with me but he keep saying he not free, and ask to buy myself..) since the seller compare with me 1000D and D3100. if i know is comeout 2yrs ago, i sure wont buy it... just like compare iphone3g with samsung galaxy S...
    You really need to beef up your basic knowledge. Do you even know the D3100 has no built-in AF motor? You need to buy more expensive lenses if you want AF. You won't get any AF on some of the great affordable prime lenses.

    Is there ANYTHING the 1000D limited you in compared to a D3100? No. You are being too kiasu and only wanting the newest, thinking it's the best. This is nonsense and a guaranteed way to lose money.
    Alpha

  14. #34

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    can u compare iphone 3g to iphone 4 which come out after 2yrs??
    that sure somethings newer than older system.. this is what i think.. but actually.. to a new learner, i cannot comment on which is good which is not good as cannot change anymore~
    now is try my best to like the 1000D and hopes the seller business drop drpp drop le... hehehe...
    Nikon D7000 + Nikkor 18-200mm VR + Nikkor 50mm f1.8D
    http://fotolah.com/?fromuser=wayne0507

  15. #35

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    that sure somethings newer than older system.. this is what i think.. but actually.. to a new learner, i cannot comment on which is good which is not good as cannot change anymore~
    now is try my best to like the 1000D and hopes the seller business drop drpp drop le... hehehe...

    you're right. but although the latest technology is better than yesteryear's, the basics of exposure still remain.

    and you're evil.

    hope to see you improve and one day hold the Sony Alpha A90... sorry i meant the 5DmkIV

  16. #36
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Cool Re: New Guy is here~

    dont worry too much on 1000d. Im using N d3000 its also older than d3100 but i dont feel theres much different between old and new camera just use ur current Dslr and learn and get a pro dslr later . Thats what im doing haha.

  17. #37

    Default

    Don't sell your 1000D for a D3100, get to know all the functions and the basics of photography and practice on it. Your next upgrade most probably won't be an entry level model anymore.

  18. #38

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Don't sell your 1000D for a D3100, get to know all the functions and the basics of photography and practice on it. Your next upgrade most probably won't be an entry level model anymore.
    YEAH. it'll be an A77

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    YEAH. it'll be an A77
    Hahaha trying to lure people over to your alpha camp?

  20. #40
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: New Guy is here~

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne0507 View Post
    can u compare iphone 3g to iphone 4 which come out after 2yrs??
    that sure somethings newer than older system.. this is what i think.. but actually.. to a new learner, i cannot comment on which is good which is not good as cannot change anymore~
    now is try my best to like the 1000D and hopes the seller business drop drpp drop le... hehehe...
    If you really dislike your cam so much, sell it via BnS..bite the bullet and get the D3100. Hope you could spend more time with a new & much-loved cam and learn to operate it better...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •