Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Photo Finish digital print price increased?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Photo Finish digital print price increased?

    My GF just send a CD to Photo Finish to print.

    The assistant there told her that the 35cents per pic is only promotional.

    Now, it's 50Cents per pic + $5 handling fee.

    Anyone can confirm this?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    No one send for digital print recently?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    I only use ONE lab - Colour Lab Photo Finishing at Adelphi. Excellent, consistent results. And friendly staff (if you go to their digital lab, not the one with the 2 girls, selling albums, film and all, a.k.a. "friend shop").

    Now that Photo Finish charges $0.50 per 4R and $5 handling fee, might as well go Colour Lab, which is a pro lab. Max turnaround 2 days.

    Regards
    CK

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, East
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Yah...went Singapore Colour Centre 2 days ago.
    Also $0.50 per 4R print + $5 handling charge.
    Used to be $0.35 3 mths ago...
    Should be the same for Photo Finish.
    Should have used Fuji e-print....haiz

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Real bad news....

    Part of my reason for going digital is because digital print is more affortable...

    Hmm... back to square one....

  6. #6
    sunyee
    Guests

    Default

    photofinish 0.35 is only promotion for 1 month.

    maybe u wanna try standard? or was it at .50 now too? since color ctr is 0.50

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    69

    Default

    i just asked the standard photo shop in Bukit Merah
    still developing at $0.35 per 4R
    but now got $5 handling ...

    but if you develop selected photos only ...
    it will be $0.5 per 4R i think

    Locations:
    http://www.ntuclink.com.sg/linkmerch...html?reckey=59



    safra card got 15% discount ...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by sunyee
    photofinish 0.35 is only promotion for 1 month.

    maybe u wanna try standard? or was it at .50 now too? since color ctr is 0.50
    I thought they both belong to the same boss?
    Someone mentioned it or did I mistakenly think so..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Behind a lens
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Originally posted by Willy
    i just asked the standard photo shop in Bukit Merah
    still developing at $0.35 per 4R
    but now got $5 handling ...

    but if you develop selected photos only ...
    it will be $0.5 per 4R i think

    Locations:
    http://www.ntuclink.com.sg/linkmerch...html?reckey=59



    safra card got 15% discount ...
    Ok. thanks..
    I used to developed with Standard but have the impression that Photo Finish and Standard Photo are actually under the same management.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    999

    Default

    RGB charges $0.80 per print if you print more than 5 copies, no handling charge at all. 15% discount for SAF members, and turnaround time is 3 hours.

    Friendly service, excellent quality, and fast. I think if you factor in the $5 charge that the other shops charge (eg. 10 prints at $0.50 each + $5 = $10 vs. $0.80 x 10=$8.00) , this is a pretty good deal. Add the 15% discount and it''s only $0.70 a print.

    Prints on Kodak professional digital paper. I've done some, very vibrant colours, and nice contrasts for B&W digital prints as well.

    I guess most importantly they can get it done in a few hours, and they are a pro lab. (plus no ERP to get to their Orchard shop )
    Last edited by Minimalis; 17th June 2002 at 11:28 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by Minimalis
    RGB charges $0.80 per print if you print more than 5 copies, no handling charge at all. 15% discount for SAF members, and turnaround time is 3 hours.

    Friendly service, excellent quality, and fast. I think if you factor in the $5 charge that the other shops charge (eg. 10 prints at $0.50 each + $5 = $10 vs. $0.80 x 10=$8.00) , this is a pretty good deal. Add the 15% discount and it''s only $0.70 a print.

    It depends on how many you print. I usually print tens and somtimes >100 and the cost would be much much higher!
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Buangkok Crescent
    Posts
    234

    Default

    The reason why most shops are charging at $0.50 and $5.00 for service is because they have to correct the colours (just like from negative) ...

    Actually if you guys print regularly, u should be able to get $0.35 per copy if you negotiate with the boss ... I am getting mine at $0.35 coz I give him lots of business and he does not need to correct any colours for me... This is the arrangement for me ...dunno if it works for other shops ... up to u to negotiate ... and pls forgive me for not being able to reveal the name of the shop I go to or else the boss will kill me ....

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    I'm still getting $0.29 per 4R print (plus $5 handling charge) and the quality looks ok. Would be getting my 3rd batch soon.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •