Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: WTF Is This?

  1. #1
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default WTF Is This?

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  2. #2

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    this is art.


  3. #3
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    this is art.

    they officially screwed the shenton way with this move... it was messy enough. now it just got messier

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    u're gonna get a great view in the morning~

  5. #5

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Well it would change pictures for a while...
    Yeah, but from the looks of it from the photo in the news report, I rather have the merlion spitting out water from the sewers. The hotel thing just looks soooo out of place.

  6. #6
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Yeah, but from the looks of it from the photo in the news report, I rather have the merlion spitting out water from the sewers. The hotel thing just looks soooo out of place.
    Everyone's crazy nowadays.
    indie

  7. #7

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    hmm good idea. need a drink of water? switch on the merlion. need to shower? switch on the merlion. need to wash something? switch on the merlion.

    how cool is that?

  8. #8
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    hmm good idea. need a drink of water? switch on the merlion. need to shower? switch on the merlion. need to wash something? switch on the merlion.

    how cool is that?
    wanna pee, aim into the merlion. wanna make chocolate cake, aim into the merlion. wanna strike lighting, also aim into merlion.

  9. #9

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    wanna pee, aim into the merlion. wanna make chocolate cake, aim into the merlion. wanna strike lighting, also aim into merlion.
    WAH DUDE. that's sick! hahaha.

    but i like it.

    in that case, i'll be the first to use the merlion hotel

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Looks more like a marketing ploy to me..........art has finally become commercial.

  11. #11

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    they are just copying the idea from the garbage hotel in madrid city. These people are just ruining singapore icon.

  12. #12

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    this is madness
    facebook | Kiwira

  13. #13

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    just hope we still can go to the park... i mean the platform...

  14. #14

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwira View Post
    this is madness
    this is sparta! i mean, Singapore

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    2,036

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    If occupant draw mustache for Merlion .
    5D3|35L|50f1.8II|580EXII

  16. #16
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    I wonder how will tourists react when they see the art piece instead of the actual Merlion™?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  17. #17

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I wonder how will tourists react when they see the art piece instead of the actual Merlion™?
    They will start asking for directions to go to see the merlion

  18. #18
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    They will start asking for directions to go to see the merlion
    There's a fugly merlion cub just at the real end of the original statue and a colour changing, laser shooting merlion towards the south-west.

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  19. #19

    Default Re: WTF Is This?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    There's a fugly merlion cub just at the real end of the original statue and a colour changing, laser shooting merlion towards the south-west.

    it's not. this is actually a switch. once you use the 2 keys, synchronize the ignition, the merlion statue on sentosa will rise higher, and become something like a death star.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •