Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any quick weight-loss fat-burning techniques?

Default Re: Any quick weight-loss fat-burning techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Well, nothing a low carb diet and regular exercise couldn't solve
    kidding! haha.

somehow it doesn't seem to work. i think i need more exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    kidding! haha.

somehow it doesn't seem to work. i think i need more exercise.
    Haha have you tried a low carb diet? From what you listed just now, seems like there's quite a bit of carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha have you tried a low carb diet? From what you listed just now, seems like there's quite a bit of carbs.
    low carb on mon - sat. sunday it's subjective to family dinners HAHAHA

u know why? because yesterday i was buying drinks at a 7-11 and the auntie there gave me a bag of xando diet supplements. i was like ????

and she was like all smiles and "nevermind here take take".

gah......

low carb on mon - sat. sunday it's subjective to family dinners HAHAHA

u know why? because yesterday i was buying drinks at a 7-11 and the auntie there gave me a bag of xando diet supplements. i was like ????

gah......
    How come I never get this kind of free stuff, I don't mind giving it a try. I always get weird stickers and magnets from 7-11, none of the "good stuff"

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Ryan,
    Hear, hear!
    Anyone who is serious about losing weight and keeping it off really really needs to be very mindful of the huge amount of carbohydrates we are stuffing ourselves with in this modern world.
    Well said, my friend!
    Doc. We will need to hear ur advice too

gah......
    ????

Got expiry or not. U know I am always skeptical of these alternative slimming pills. Touch wood might just turn out to be another one of those Fen-phen / Slim 10 yrs down the road when the long term adverse problems finally surface. The ones that booast some secret proprietary formula / concoctions are dangerous voodoos

Ryan

Just to share my little story and tips on losing weight...

It is a combination of 3 things: Diet, Exercise, Rest. If you are planning to take just take one, you can forget about losing weight altogether. Basically, its a lifestyle and not just a hobby you are planning on doing over the weekend.

I lost about 17kg over a span of 6 months and it takes a lot of determination and hardwork. No shortcuts. After losing weight, I managed to clock 10mins for my 2.4km run. I used to do 15-16mins. Ego boost a little bit and happy with these simple achievements.

To sum it up:

1. Eat well. Stay away from coconut based, fried stuff and fast food. Malay food is the ultimate killer. If you like nasi padang, time to let go that creeping death food. Best if you could prepare your own meal. A simple sandwich with fresh vegetables is a good start. Also, if you could do a bit of calorie counting, that will help a lot. There's an app for that: http://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/hpb-d...399166947?mt=8

2. Exercise. No pain, no gain. No shortcuts. No need for gym membership and all that rubbish. Just go to your neighbourhood fitness corner and start working that muscles NS style. Best part of it is its FREE! I skip lunch and go for a quick 10 min run and 20 min static workout everyday.

3. Rest. Don't skimp on your sleeping hours. With enough rest, you'll be surprised at how your body feels good and your mind can think better.

Remember, health is an asset.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Got expiry or not. U know I am always skeptical of these alternative slimming pills. Touch wood might just turn out to be another one of those Fen-phen / Slim 10 yrs down the road when the long term adverse problems finally surface. The ones that booast some secret proprietary formula / concoctions are dangerous voodoos

Ryan
    Xando lol it's some diet food. endorsed by Fann Wong. hmm expires in november this year. i'm guessing someone forgot it and she just threw it to me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy

Doc. We will need to hear ur advice too

Ryan
    Haha, no advice needed from me lah, Doc.
    You have given us the ultimate advice liao already. Some more with your vibram fivefinger on the way- you are the epitome of healthy living!
    Yes, Doc Giantcanopy!

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    You have given us the ultimate advice liao already. Some more with your vibram fivefinger on the way-
    I still am trying to break into the shoes. i only use them when i run at night keke ...

CNY period remember to control diet!
    Planning to do a 2 hr jog before the reunion dinner tmr man ..

Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12