Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

  1. #1

    Default Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Now I have people coming door to door with this statement. Used to be on the streets.

    They are all leading questionnaires that lead to a product eventually. Why they don't call it sales pitch? Friendly chit chat?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Wasp View Post
    Now I have people coming door to door with this statement. Used to be on the streets.

    They are all leading questionnaires that lead to a product eventually. Why they don't call it sales pitch? Friendly chit chat?
    it's called warming up and breaking the ice

    so you won't be apprehensive and chase them away. or run away from them

  3. #3
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Knock knock... I'm not a salesman. I'm an after-salesman

  4. #4
    Member XavierShoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Aussie
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    i love saleswoman~!
    Canon 60D | And Legs as Lens to cover every single focal length i ever needs.

  5. #5
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by XavierShoot View Post
    i love saleswoman~!
    Rarely seen...

    They are usually scared to do hse to hse,,,

    Because of ppl like YOU
    indie

  6. #6

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by leowyien View Post
    Rarely seen...

    They are usually scared to do hse to hse,,,

    Because of ppl like YOU
    got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"
    Objection !!!

  7. #7
    Member leowyien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    859

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"
    Abt how old??
    indie

  8. #8

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"
    LOL did she try breaking in into your house to show you how lousy your lock was?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    "Oh you're not a salesman? How disappointing, I was rather hoping to see one"

    Say that to them next time and see what they say

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives

    got lar, i encountered one pretty chio one. selling those lock that prevent burglar from breaking in. but i am too busy with my game, so i just said :" no no no!"
    Isn't that what all locks are for >.>

  11. #11

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    "Oh you're not a salesman? How disappointing, I was rather hoping to see one"

    Say that to them next time and see what they say
    I always tell them why bother to talk to me if they are not trying to sell me/con me. You should see their blank look.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by Tango Wasp View Post
    I always tell them why bother to talk to me if they are not trying to sell me/con me. You should see their blank look.


    i usually just walk pass them, say NO.

    and if they follow i shoot them a very, very angry killer stare/glare and they'll just suddenly stop and i can sense the fear...

    ooooh...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    I think a number of insurance companies also do that. They come up to you in some shopping complex holding a small piece of "survey" form with no company logo on it so that you don't know they're selling insurance. But if you look over to their booth, the name of the company is there.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne/Singapore
    Posts
    1,250

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    How about those you encounter at shopping malls? Hello, I'm not selling anything, I just want to know if you have an credit cards?" Followed by the next question, would you like to apply for one?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Once I really have a person that's not selling anything knocking on my door. She's from the NLB and was surveying about our library using habits, got a free bookmark after the survey

  16. #16
    Member shark78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    how about "I am not trying to sell u anything"
    EM5

  17. #17

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    when people ask me for survey, I will quote them $50 for one short survey session. As time is money, since they stop me for survey, they have to compensate me some $$$
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    when people ask me for survey, I will quote them $50 for one short survey session. As time is money, since they stop me for survey, they have to compensate me some $$$
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  19. #19

    Default Re: Knock, knock...I am not a salesman

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    when people ask me for survey, I will quote them $50 for one short survey session. As time is money, since they stop me for survey, they have to compensate me some $$$
    They are paid for doing survey!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •