Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: iPhone 4g is so fragile...

Blog Entries

Default Re: iPhone 4g is so fragile...

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    hmm.

i just got a rumor from a source in the mobile industry that the next iPhone will be out end of this year
    July, is what the "rumors" are saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooMoo View Post
    Ya both open source, i mean Apple are more regulated than Android. Latter have or will have a higher security risk.
    They just gave you Xcode as an API. And you need to get developer licenses, provision profiles and only allow you to write apps on MacOS.... using Objectif C...

They don't give you the source code for the OS ever. They don't even give you system level controls to the phone. You cannot even access the system file structure (without hacking it). no no no it is not Open source.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

They just gave you Xcode as an API. And you need to get developer licenses, provision profiles and only allow you to write apps on MacOS.... using Objectif C...

They don't give you the source code for the OS ever. They don't even give you system level controls to the phone. You cannot even access the system file structure (without hacking it). no no no it is not Open source.
    Haa ok thanks for clarification. In a way, non-open source mean it's more regulated? I am not in IT or tech line, but I read from some tech news that apple ios in term of security has and less chance for vulnerability loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Last night I came back home, when I came out of the car, I accidentally dropped my iphone 4g onto the ground, phone's screen landed on the ground. Went to retrieve it and the screen shatters... It's like less than 2 weeks old. No choice but just reserved a iphone 4 to be replaced later at a starhub shop.. Replacement is $350 for a brand new phone.

SO guys, pls be careful of your iphone, it's very fragile..
    Good price for a brand new phone!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMooMoo View Post
    Haa ok thanks for clarification. In a way, non-open source mean it's more regulated? I am not in IT or tech line, but I read from some tech news that apple ios in term of security has and less chance for vulnerability loophole.
    true. But you are also bound by apple's terms, strongly restricting what you can do with it. A double edge sword.

For example, for ipad, all apps must work in 4-way orientation, if not it is auto-rejected for publishing. And you cannot redirect the use of any buttons, one company try to use one of the volume control buttons to become shutter button for a photo app and they got into trouble.

Android is very open. Developers love it. But you can register an account as similar name to any bank and call your app mBanking something and still be able to upload it. Only when that bank complains to Google will Google take it down within 3 days. But for 3 days, the app will be available on Android market.

Security comes with restrictions. So really depends on which angle you look at it. There is no win-win situation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234