Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 991

Thread: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVAIL!!

  1. #881

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    He just like this

    those were the days when you could find a true gentleman of the game. played for 1 club all his life, and never committed a single foul in his entire professional career.

    his name? Tom Finney.

    Quotes about Finney:

    * "Tom Finney would have been great in any team, in any match and in any age ... even if he had been wearing an overcoat." (Bill Shankly)

    * Shankly was also once asked about how a top star of the day compared to Finney: "Aye, he's as good as Tommy – but then Tommy's nearly 60 now."
    Last edited by zaren; 9th February 2011 at 12:29 AM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  2. #882
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Just done with the presentation slides. Wish me luck tmr, ya'all!!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  3. #883
    Member cg171s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Just done with the presentation slides. Wish me luck tmr, ya'all!!
    Goooooood Luuuckkk!!! Don't forget to show them how to sing YNWA
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

  4. #884
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Fernando Torres: Liverpool is a 'bigger club' but I needed move to Chelsea to reignite my passion for game

    Chelsea's 50 million record signing Fernando Torres concedes he has joined a "smaller club" but it was the move he needed to reignite his enthusiasm for the game.

    The Spain striker joined the champions on transfer deadline day after three-and-a-half years at Liverpool and admitted that things "looked black" on Merseyside.

    "Liverpool will always be very special to me," Torres told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "Because of its history, Liverpool is a bigger club but it's going through a difficult time.

    "I thought I would stay one more year and take it as a transition season. But a time comes when you lose enthusiasm, you see those in the Spanish national team are playing at a different level.

    "Then when everything looked black, Chelsea came and showed a real interest."

    Torres made a lucklustre debut against his former club and was substituted after 66 minutes as Chelsea suffered a 1-0 loss to Kenny Dalglish's rejuvenated side on Sunday.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-for-game.html

    what shitz is this??
    he jus lausai gaogao.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #885

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Wah lau... now Reina talks about moving to Man U...

    Really wonder if the British media is out to hype things up to unsettle Liverpool.

  6. #886
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore
    Wah lau... now Reina talks about moving to Man U...

    Really wonder if the British media is out to hype things up to unsettle Liverpool.
    With hope in our heart, let's hope that reina is a true red...
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  7. #887
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cg171s

    Goooooood Luuuckkk!!! Don't forget to show them how to sing YNWA
    Have inserted a short YouTube clip of our fans at istanbul singing to YNWA. kept repeating the clip while rehearsing just coz it reminded me of that very special night.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  8. #888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552
    Fernando Torres: Liverpool is a 'bigger club' but I needed move to Chelsea to reignite my passion for game

    Chelsea's 50 million record signing Fernando Torres concedes he has joined a "smaller club" but it was the move he needed to reignite his enthusiasm for the game.

    The Spain striker joined the champions on transfer deadline day after three-and-a-half years at Liverpool and admitted that things "looked black" on Merseyside.

    "Liverpool will always be very special to me," Torres told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "Because of its history, Liverpool is a bigger club but it's going through a difficult time.

    "I thought I would stay one more year and take it as a transition season. But a time comes when you lose enthusiasm, you see those in the Spanish national team are playing at a different level.

    "Then when everything looked black, Chelsea came and showed a real interest."

    Torres made a lucklustre debut against his former club and was substituted after 66 minutes as Chelsea suffered a 1-0 loss to Kenny Dalglish's rejuvenated side on Sunday.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-for-game.html

    what shitz is this??
    Just shows that Torres will leave a club when it is going thru difficult times. He is only a "good times", fair weather player.

  9. #889
    Member cg171s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    Just shows that Torres will leave a club when it is going thru difficult times. He is only a "good times", fair weather player.
    He's just a player looking for "easy jobs".. Always looking for easy way out and dont want to fight
    Blood is Red for a reason. Liverpool for life.

  10. #890

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Seriously....

    I think let's forget about Torres. This is a thread about Liverpool.

    Torres is done and dusted.

  11. #891

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Everyone have their dreams and goals. It good for both the club and player is the interest and enthusiasmof playing are lost. People come, people go but life go on.
    Alan

  12. #892
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Chess-loving Benitez lays out welcome mat

    Dan Walker | 19:42 UK time, Tuesday, 8 February 2011

    There are very few managers who divide opinion quite as spectacularly as Rafael Benitez. There are those - many of whom are Liverpool fans - who will vehemently defend his record and style, while others dismiss his achievements and question whether he should be a football coach at all.

    I remember sitting in a radio studio when an unnamed pundit claimed that Benitez had "offered nothing in 2005" and that the Champions League win over AC Milan in Istanbul was achieved "in spite of Benitez and certainly not because of him".

    Benitez is seen by many as a manager who overspent at Liverpool, wasted the club's best chance of winning the title in recent seasons, let Sir Alex Ferguson get under his skin and fell out with the man crucial to Liverpool's success - Xabi Alonso.

    I have spent plenty of time attending Benitez's media conferences over the years and interviewed the Spaniard on numerous occasions but last Thursday he invited the Football Focus cameras down to his pad in the Wirral. I spent the best part of two hours with him, playing chess, walking his dog and talking about his first love - football.

    When we arrived, he burst out of the front door, welcomed us warmly and proceeded to show us around his gaff. While the tea was brewing and cameraman Sean and producer Richard were picking the perfect spot for our interview, Benitez beckoned me over to a sofa to show me his latest passion... photography. There were hundreds of pictures, mainly of scenery and sunsets. This, he said, was keeping him busy between jobs.

    The main interview lasted about 25 minutes - and you can watch almost all of it below. The camera jumps around a bit because it was never intended to run as a single piece but so many people have requested the full thing that we thought we would try to deliver.

    There was plenty said off camera that was even more fascinating. I don't want to tease you but if I could reveal what he said it would change your opinions about managers in general, Benitez in particular and some of the players he bought, sold and kept. I shall leave the man himself to unveil all that.

    One part of the interview that fascinated me was the concept of football being "a lie". We didn't have time to get into this on Focus because there was so much good material to wedge in already but I think Benitez feels that, both at Liverpool and Inter Milan, his job was made a lot more difficult than it should have been.

    The Italian situation probably sums up Benitez perfectly. Those who think he is a great manager and those who don't can fuel their arguments with what took place in Milan.

    Some may argue that Benitez took over Jose Mourinho's treble-winning side and ruined them, failing to motivate the squad, deploying the wrong tactics, annoying the president, alienating the fans and the media before leaving only six months after taking over.

    On the other hand, those that love him argue - as Benitez himself did in our interview - that he inherited the oldest squad in Europe yet still won two trophies in six months - albeit the Supercoppa Italiana and the Fifa Club World Cup - and could have added more if he had been allowed to buy players and not been undermined by the president and long-time servants of the club.

    Walker and Benitez on the beachWalker and Benitez down on the beach

    I am not sure of the truth but, whether in Milan or Merseyside, Benitez has been blamed for much that he shouldn't. Yes, he spent a lot at Liverpool but, as his supporters will tirelessly point out and his detractors conveniently ignore, he was always balancing the books. He will admit that he does talk a lot about "net spend" but it is always worth looking at the "players out" and "money in" columns before making a judgment.

    Benitez will be back and probably in the Premier League. While we were walking one his dogs, Goofy, down on the beach, he talked about his desire to return to England's top flight, where he thinks he is best suited. The next time there is a vacancy at the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Spurs and Liverpool... watch this space.

    Before we left, I was given a perfect example of his will to win. We were filming a game of chess to use as colour for the interview. After about two minutes, I said we needed to speed things up for the purposes of TV and removed six or seven pieces from each side. "What are you doing?" piped up Benitez. "This is serious." We filmed the end sequence and shook hands for the cameras, at which point I stood up to thank him. "Sit back down," he said. "We have a game to finish."

    I tried to unsettle him but he did not react to any of my mind games. "Chess is all about controlling the middle of the board... just like football," he proclaimed as he manoeuvred his pieces into an unassailable position.

    "We'll play again sometime," he said as we left his pad, "once you've had a bit more practice." Apart from being humiliated at chess, I found Benitez as charming as he was interesting and I look forward to his return to the dugout.



    Sauce

  13. #893

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Have inserted a short YouTube clip of our fans at istanbul singing to YNWA. kept repeating the clip while rehearsing just coz it reminded me of that very special night.
    does it make u emo again?

  14. #894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media...ails-carragher

    This article is so true. I think carra really shines in a 3 centreback lineup. He is struggling with speed but his timing and tackles are still one of the best in Premier League, alongside Terry and Vidic.

    As for reina to Man U, sure Man U would love to sign him. Despite all our troubles and past underachievements, Reina has broken so many GK records in Liverpool and EPL.

  15. #895

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    which manager says the below...

    "Roy [Hodgson] was unlucky there. He didn't get the time but once Roy went there was only one man for the job in Kenny, in my opinion," he said.

    http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...threat-1439501

    i believe he is not the only manager and Kenny D presence makes them shivers and feel insecure on the position...

  16. #896
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    12 matches left to play!

    12 Feb H Wigan
    27 Feb A West Ham
    06 Mar H Man Utd
    20 Mar A Sunderland
    02 Apr A WBA
    10 Apr H Man City
    16 Apr A Arsenal
    23 Apr H Birmingham
    30 Apr H Newcastle
    07 May A Fulham
    15 May H Tottenham
    22 May A Villa

    Maybe we can get 34 points from the 12 games

  17. #897

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by ahyooo View Post
    which manager says the below...

    "Roy [Hodgson] was unlucky there. He didn't get the time but once Roy went there was only one man for the job in Kenny, in my opinion," he said.

    http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...threat-1439501

    i believe he is not the only manager and Kenny D presence makes them shivers and feel insecure on the position...
    Liverpool has to thank Rafa Benitez for bringing Kenny Dalglish back.

  18. #898
    Senior Member roadrunner_552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    2,516

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA


  19. #899
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    12 matches left to play!

    12 Feb H Wigan
    27 Feb A West Ham
    06 Mar H Man Utd
    20 Mar A Sunderland
    02 Apr A WBA
    10 Apr H Man City
    16 Apr A Arsenal
    23 Apr H Birmingham
    30 Apr H Newcastle
    07 May A Fulham
    15 May H Tottenham
    22 May A Villa

    Maybe we can get 34 points from the 12 games
    If we do so, it might be one of the greatest comeback of the league. Lol. 34 is optimistic or realistic? Haha.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  20. #900

    Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Wah lau... now Reina talks about moving to Man U...

    Really wonder if the British media is out to hype things up to unsettle Liverpool.
    Dude, the source of that article is the "Sun".. I don't think many LFC supporters read it (the Sounnes fiasco etc etc), and probably it doesn't write for many LFC supporters neither (no love lost kind of thing)....

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035404344454647 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •