Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVAIL!!

Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

Stevie G first warning to andy carroll...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/...in-nolan-upset

Default Re: Liverpool football club *53*- Under King Kenny,even without Torres,we shall PREVA

Durham's Rant: Why £35m for Carroll is a bargain
    Andy Carroll arrives at Melwood
    by Nick Rostron-Pike | Tuesday, February 1

Iíve heard some stupid stuff said about Andy Carrollís move this week.

One talkSPORT producer who came up to me saying Michael Chopra and Peter Whittingham scored more goals than Carroll did last season. So whatís the conclusion? Liverpool should have paid £40m for Chopra? Nonsense.

Only a football dunce would measure a strikerís value solely by goals. No, itís pretty obvious that Carroll has an all round game Ė heís hard-working, quicker than you think, great in the air, great movement off the ball, direct on the ball, defenders hate him, and then you add the goals on top and it starts to make the comparisons with Chopra look a bit embarrassing.

Then there are those who are comparing Carroll with David Villa. How can Villa be worth less than Carroll? Iíve heard Mike Parry and Stan Collymore ask this question and conclude that football is mad and that £35m for Carroll is wrong. Well Valencia were on the brink of bankruptcy and needed the money. Thatís why they sold Villa, and why they only got £34.2m for him. He could pick and choose where he went and he wanted to go to Barcelona. If last summer Liverpool had offered more than Barca for Villa, he would still have gone to Barca.

The other thing is that Liverpool have sold Torres (26, 27 in March) for £50m, and brought in Suarez (24) and Carroll (22) with a net outlay of around £7-8m. These two new strikers could lead the Liverpool line for seven to eight years. Itís fantastic business for Liverpool. Theyíve lost a striker who wasnít doing it for them, and gained 2 strikers who might not work out, but all the evidence suggest they probably will.

People are saying Carroll has done nothing. Well how long do you need to judge Andy Carroll? Half a season is enough for me. Does he have to do it for years and years? He clearly has something very special that not many strikers have got. Only the Moose canít see that.

Dalglish signed Alan Shearer in 1992 and he led Blackburn to the title. Shearer had had 3 seasons in Southamptonís first team. In 89-90 Shearer scored three goals in 26 games. In 90-91 it was four in 36. In 91-92 it was 13 in 41. But the British transfer record was smashed for Shearer when he signed for Blackburn at exactly the same age Carroll is signing for Liverpool. By the time he moved Shearer had appeared three times for England, Carroll so far once. In real terms itís a ridiculous figure, but in football terms Dalglish knows exactly what heís doing. He wouldnít waste Liverpoolís money, and he had the chance to back out when Newcastle turned down £30m. He matched Newcastleís valuation because he knows heís signing the real deal.

Liverpool fans should trust Kenny, and those who think itís crazy money should go and watch Michael Chopra and then tell me if theyíd pay £35million for him.

WISHING ALL CS LIVERPOOL FANS and ZAREN A HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR !!!!!!!! MAY ALL OF YOU HUAT ON 18th FEB TOTO!!!!!!!!!!

Wish everyone huat huat in the new year! Buy toto dio toto! Buy 4D dio 4D! Bet Liverpool win liverpool confirm will win!!!

huat ah!!!

happy lunar new year everyone!!!

huat huat huat ah!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    WISHING ALL CS LIVERPOOL FANS and ZAREN A HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR !!!!!!!! MAY ALL OF YOU HUAT ON 18th FEB TOTO!!!!!!!!!!
    woohoo.....wishing all LFC fans a great new year and an exciting season ahead!

Wish All Singapore REDS Happy New Year

May the of the RABBIT brings good luck to our beloved Lpool

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    remember to get ur respective sons to submit a transfer request.. (by hook or by crook)
    Just dont let the sons be another howard webb can liao...those with daughters please let them be football referies...

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone...

May those prosperous Red colour bring Good Luck to LFC also...

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    woohoo.....wishing all lfc fans a great new year and an exciting season ahead!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahyooo View Post
    wish all singapore reds happy new year

may the of the rabbit brings good luck to our beloved lpool
    Quote Originally Posted by rodz View Post
    gong xi fa cai everyone...

may those prosperous red colour bring good luck to lfc also...

happy lunar new year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    happy lunar new year!!!
    Huat ahhh. Ga Ga Lai Hoot TOTO !!!!!

Huat ahhh. Ga Ga Lai Hoot TOTO !!!!!
    when ah?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    when ah?
    18th feb

Happy new year to all true Reds! Have a joyous celebration and a long weekend (of 2 matches)! To those meeting up at Harry's bar for chelski match, ynwa!! May our Suarez scores instead of Torres!

Cheers everyone!

Ps: I love the story of the fan who changed his name to Fernando Torres btw. Wonder how he is taking it now.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Happy new year to all true Reds! Have a joyous celebration and a long weekend (of 2 matches)! To those meeting up at Harry's bar for chelski match, ynwa!! May our Suarez scores instead of Torres!

Cheers everyone!

Ps: I love the story of the fan who changed his name to Fernando Torres btw. Wonder how he is taking it now.
    Change to Luis Suarez lor. haha

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 42pts <-Kelong King! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!! WOOT WOOT!!
    2). sunnyday --> 27pts
    3). coolsigg ---- > 17pts
    4). Canew --> 16pts!
    5). blazer_workz --> 16pts
    6). zhapchit --> 16pts!
    7). grumpy --> 13pts!
    8). kelccm --------> 12pts
    9). domdomino --> 12pts
    10). zaren -------> 8pts
    11). bro rodz ---- > 7pts
    12). marios -----> 5pts
    13). eejal ----> 4pts!
    14). archlover --> 4pts
    15). adilexas ---> 4pts!
    16). shunzi ---> 4pts!
    17). fotoudavid --> 3pts
    18). taurean ----- > 3pts!
    19). RoadRunner --> 2pts!
    20). obfuscate ---> 1pt!

League of HAT-TRICK HEROES <--- KELONG!!!

1). FC Utrecht 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake
    30/9/2010 Stadion Galgenwaard

2). Napoli 0. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 --> cheesecake & sunnyday
    21/10/2010 San Paolo, Italy

3). LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 2(Torres 11, 44) Chel$ki 0 ---> kelccm
    07/11/2010 Anfield, LIVERPOOL

2/2/11 Wednesday
    LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB vs. Stoke City!

ANFIELD!!!!!!! YOU'll NEVER WALK ALONE!!!!

1). 4-0 LFC WINS!! (Gerrard, Suarez!) ------------- CC
    2). 2-0 LFC WINS!! (Suarez, Suarez) ---- roadrunner
    3). 2-0 LFC WINS!! (raul meireles) shunzi
    4). 2-0 LFC WINS!! (Torres, Torres) ---- archlover.. he will stay!! --> dreamer!! kekekke
    5). 3-0 LFS WINS!! (Meireles, Torres, Kuyt) ------- cg171s --> from outerspace! haha!
    6. 2-0 liverpool win (suarez, gerrard) sunnyday
    7). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (F. Torres, S. Gerrard) Canew.
    8). 2-0 LFC WINS!! (Gerrard, Suarez!!!) -- ZhaPcHit
    9). 5-1 LFC WINS!!!!!!! (Kuyt, Kuyt) -- blazer_workz
    10) 2-1 LFC wins! (Kuyt, Suarez) - zaren
    11). 2-2 Draw (Suarez) roDz

18th feb

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post

Cheers everyone!

Wishing All fellow Reds and not forgeting Zaren as well a happy and properous new year!!!

HUAT AH!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Wishing All fellow Reds and not forgeting Zaren as well a happy and properous new year!!!

HUAT AH!!!!!!!
    HUAT AH!!!