Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Buy SLR or DSLR?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tam pines
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    If you regret bought the used set, you can sell it at the same price
    Selling the used set at the same price is
    but findind a buyer is

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSpawN
    Selling the used set at the same price is
    but findind a buyer is
    depends on the body really, eos3 and 10D are still quite in demand, i still do not understand your worry, if you buy first hand, you have to also find a buyer to sell off to if you do not want it anymore, the depreciation is higher as megaweb suggested.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tam pines
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    depends on the body really, eos3 and 10D are still quite in demand, i still do not understand your worry, if you buy first hand, you have to also find a buyer to sell off to if you do not want it anymore, the depreciation is higher as megaweb suggested.
    icic....think will be getting a 2nd hand EOS3.
    From ur experience in buying 2nd hand 10D, what are the crucial things to look out for in SLR?

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReSpawN
    icic....think will be getting a 2nd hand EOS3.
    From ur experience in buying 2nd hand 10D, what are the crucial things to look out for in SLR?

    the body (any dents, scatches, borken parts), paint wearing, creaking sound from the latch

    shake it slightly got any moving parts?

    shutter, any dents, try shooting at very high speeds etc., try bulb too, see working or not.

    all the buttons working, try functions

    battery, any leakage, smell, sight

    viewfinder clean or not, got fungus check

    load a roll, see if works etc.

    try your EFC, see if works anot?

    most important get a 1 week personal warrantly for the person, shoot a roll with different shutter speeds/ apertures to check or buy from a 2nd hand shop like TCW.

    ask if got accessories like manual, boxes.

    please buy a new strap, you dun know how much sweat has been accumulated there or at least wash it.

  5. #25

    Default

    u might want to check out this thread to see if u r ready for D.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=83355

    anyway, if u want to D at the price of a EOS 3, u can opt for the 300D. 10D is still kind of exp right now, not so tough on the body either, not like the EOS 3 counter part. so check with your pocket first, normally, it will have the final say.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    If you are getting equipment and use them commercially, then you should be able to decide if you can earn back what you've spent. That'll make perfect business sense. In that case, why worry about resale price? The camera had already paid for itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •