Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pentax CNY Promotion at Challenger Mini - Funan 2nd Floor

Default Re: Pentax CNY Promotion at Challenger Mini - Funan 2nd Floor

Quote Originally Posted by hjbyeo View Post
    Indeed. It's a lens I love to have too ... congrats!
    Thanks. You'd love it too

I thought this was a pretty good deal and went down to challenger mini today to see if there is any new stock...

When i asked the sales rep over there if there is any deal on the pentax k-r, he quoted me 1.1k for 18-55mm kit plus body(black)..... which is ridiculous

when i broach the subject of a cny promotion being discussed online, he denied any knowledge of such a deal and quickly tried to lower the price to sgd 999.

Feeling cheated I just walked away and went over to slr revolution and found that they quoted a price of sgd 921 for the same thing, which isn't that far from the promo price.

I'll probably head to slr revolution in future....kinda disappoint that how this turned out

I m not comfortable w mini challenger too. Seems like their prices is not stable and they give discount anyhow. I hope they tel customer how many sets they have on offer in future. I rather go to SLR Revo at level 4, at least i kw their prices are more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by antares View Post
    I thought this was a pretty good deal and went down to challenger mini today to see if there is any new stock...

When i asked the sales rep over there if there is any deal on the pentax k-r, he quoted me 1.1k for 18-55mm kit plus body(black)..... which is ridiculous

when i broach the subject of a cny promotion being discussed online, he denied any knowledge of such a deal and quickly tried to lower the price to sgd 999.

Feeling cheated I just walked away and went over to slr revolution and found that they quoted a price of sgd 921 for the same thing, which isn't that far from the promo price.

I'll probably head to slr revolution in future....kinda disappoint that how this turned out
    Quote Originally Posted by cowham95 View Post
    I m not comfortable w mini challenger too. Seems like their prices is not stable and they give discount anyhow. I hope they tel customer how many sets they have on offer in future. I rather go to SLR Revo at level 4, at least i kw their prices are more stable.

Challenger is a Mega store and such stores normally sell at RRP. When there is a promo on, thtey should be in the know but some sales assistants "pretend" not to so that customers who don't know will get cheated. That is why we always recommend to get from the reputable shops rather than mega stores . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Challenger is a Mega store and such stores normally sell at RRP. When there is a promo on, thtey should be in the know but some sales assistants "pretend" not to so that customers who don't know will get cheated. That is why we always recommend to get from the reputable shops rather than mega stores . . .
    so ironic that mega stores resort to such ali baba methods while smaller shops are more transparent and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    so ironic that mega stores resort to such ali baba methods while smaller shops are more transparent and honest.
    Must be their weird mentality. Anyway, I have never bought a camera in a megastore before as their prices are always RRP, but there are ppl who still insist on going to megastores as they "believe" they they will not get "cheated". oh well . . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Must be their weird mentality. Anyway, I have never bought a camera in a megastore before as their prices are always RRP, but there are ppl who still insist on going to megastores as they "believe" they they will not get "cheated". oh well . . . .
    i guess the bottom line is, if pple don't bother to do their homework, research the price, and understand the value of what they're buying, then they will ALWAYS overpay for things that under-delivers.

Maybe you guys can write in to complain about this matter so that the management can do something about the staff, they should have a fix price
    Last edited by lionelim81; 30th January 2011 at 10:23 PM.

went down to hougang mini challenger, the sales guy din know abt any promo, but he was good enuff to call his boss and ask... as i told him funan was selling 860 w/o gst and purchase 50-200mm for 160... his boss say tht he could give the promo pricing jus that they nd to add 5bucks more as its their new stock... but the 50-200 wil onli arrive 1-2mths time... haa...

aft some calculating, 860 + gst = 920+, and add 160 for 50-200mm lens so total abt 1090+...
    so i was tinking i rather go slr and get it which indeed i did, and im happy with their services..

jus to let u know, slr PWP for the 35mm lens will end tml, so those who are still pending, gonna act fast, as i feel getting the 35mm is a gd buy...

Hi all, i've wanted to get the KR but had bad experience @ NEX & MINI. The sales staff seems like they don"t know about cameras....end up buying @ funan 4th floor from the bearded uncle, good explanation bought it with 2 wr lens n 35mm.

Good news Bally photo electronics selling K5 for $2200 without GST
    Last edited by lionelim81; 3rd February 2011 at 07:43 AM.

How to share a .pdf file in here? I got a Digital camera world magazine which reviews cameras and so so so but 74mb haha donno how to post. Jan edition and they review nikon D7k 3stars out of 5 stars and other budget beauties

K5 selling 2200$????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Quote Originally Posted by lionelim81 View Post
    Good news Bally photo electronics selling K5 for $2200 plus 7% GST
    This is one of the kits right? 'cos body only price should be much lower....
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    How to share a .pdf file in here? I got a Digital camera world magazine which reviews cameras and so so so but 74mb haha donno how to post. Jan edition and they review nikon D7k 3stars out of 5 stars and other budget beauties
    You can't insert attachments, so the only way is to convert the relevant pages into jpg and post them up like regular images.
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    You can't insert attachments, so the only way is to convert the relevant pages into jpg and post them up like regular images.
    Wah brother sibei chim and sibei siong wor hahaha, I dont have the software to do and not sure how they scan the whole magazine into pdf format too but just found what the experts from overseas test is quite useful for newbie like me haha

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post

Okokok I think I done a quick ones not sure if it works.

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6...lcameramag.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7...cameramag1.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/938...cameramag2.jpg

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9...cameramag3.jpg

Ya with 18 135 lens $2354 w GST
    Last edited by lionelim81; 3rd February 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelim81 View Post
    Ya with 18 135 lens total amount less than $2400
    I think that is before gst right .
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast