Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 91

Thread: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

  1. #41

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime View Post
    According to NYT : “In this economy it is interesting to see people investing in things that are important to the family,” said Liz Cutting, executive director and senior imaging analyst at NPD Group. A largely male audience is driving sales of higher-end cameras, she said, “because it’s something they can buy without feeling guilty, since they can justify the purchase as a contribution to their family.”



    Do you also when buying your new camera tell your wife that it is a contribution to the family? I do.
    Hmmm.......i think it will be a good excuse for me when buying a new camera. But how to explain when later I added more lenses and accessories
    Last edited by snowc; 30th January 2011 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Hmmm.......i think it will be a good excuse for me when buying a new camera. But how to explain when later I added more lenses and accessories
    mmmm good point. maybe for added image quality and better effects.

    I recalled when i wanted a battery grip for my 1000D ...i told my wife that i can use it to shoot portrait of her easier. Well i got my battery grip heee
    Last edited by cqprime; 30th January 2011 at 04:20 PM.
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  3. #43

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime View Post
    mmmm good point. maybe for added image quality and better effects.

    I recalled when i wanted a battery grip for my 1000D ...i told my wife that i can use it to shoot portrait of her easier. Well i got my battery grip heee
    Hehe.....think i can try that in the future

    Back to the topic, i feel that MIL cameras need to improve on the AF in order to compete with DSLR. Observed that my NEX-5 sometimes struggle to auto-focus in low-light condition. A DSLR should be able to AF faster due to phase-detection.

  4. #44
    Member tikiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Back home in Singapore
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    can the the Hartblei HCAM B1 consider a MIL?

    There is not mirror to flip up, a prism VF can be used, looks very professional.

    Lots of interchangeable lens with different mount attachment. totally modular.

    http://www.hartblei.eu/en/hartbleicam1.htm

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Is this camera sold locally? How much does it cost? I not seen it before

    Quote Originally Posted by tikiman View Post
    can the the Hartblei HCAM B1 consider a MIL?

    There is not mirror to flip up, a prism VF can be used, looks very professional.

    Lots of interchangeable lens with different mount attachment. totally modular.

    http://www.hartblei.eu/en/hartbleicam1.htm
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  6. #46

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime View Post
    mmmm good point. maybe for added image quality and better effects.

    I recalled when i wanted a battery grip for my 1000D ...i told my wife that i can use it to shoot portrait of her easier. Well i got my battery grip heee
    What excuse did you give to get the 5DMII then?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    What excuse did you give to get the 5DMII then?
    Good point, well i told her it was cost savings as 5D mkII was priced higher when it first came in and now it is only $3100+ cheaper. Plus this full frame can last me a longer time and there is no need to upgrade from 1000D to 60d to 7D to FF.

    Just one direct upgrade from cropped body to FF body. cost savings.
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime
    According to NYT : “In this economy it is interesting to see people investing in things that are important to the family,” said Liz Cutting, executive director and senior imaging analyst at NPD Group. A largely male audience is driving sales of higher-end cameras, she said, “because it’s something they can buy without feeling guilty, since they can justify the purchase as a contribution to their family.”


    Do you also when buying your new camera tell your wife that it is a contribution to the family? I do.

    Agree...lol. Another thing helps. I usually buy something nice for her before I get the cam handbags work pretty well in my case!

  9. #49

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    But when your wife buy a $5000 LV bag or $10000 Chanel bag, do they feel guilty or need to get permission from you as well?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81
    But when your wife buy a $5000 LV bag or $10000 Chanel bag, do they feel guilty or need to get permission from you as well?
    Most of the time I end up buying, lol.

  11. #51

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    ....wife buys luxury bag, husband buy DSLR, fair deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Most of the time I end up buying, lol.
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Agree...lol. Another thing helps. I usually buy something nice for her before I get the cam handbags work pretty well in my case!
    Thanks for the tip
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  13. #53
    Member tikiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Back home in Singapore
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime View Post
    Is this camera sold locally? How much does it cost? I not seen it before
    there is no local dealer in Singapore as far as I know.

    But it is not a system that I want to lug around to take pictures.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    ....wife buys luxury bag, husband buy DSLR, fair deal
    Well i wish that was true in my case, wife does not like luxury bags or shoes but expensive travel. haha
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  15. #55
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81
    ....wife buys luxury bag, husband buy DSLR, fair deal
    I end up buying the pradas AND the cameras ...

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I end up buying the pradas AND the cameras ...
    At this rate u will hit the 10k club or more
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  17. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy

    I end up buying the pradas AND the cameras ...
    Same here, lol. Prada still ok....chanel or herme damn siong (sweat).

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime

    Well i wish that was true in my case, wife does not like luxury bags or shoes but expensive travel. haha
    Hey, can go tokyo or new york to shop for cameras at the same time....better still go nearby HK, alot cheaper!

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    I wonder anyone here started collecting lens for MIL cameras. I saw Sony NEX having offers.
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  20. #60
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: DSLR Full Frame vs MIL cameras

    What about Sony's SLT (Single Lens Translucent)? Have mirrors that don't move - so you get an optical viewfinder with no moving mirror flapping around during shots. Is this the future you think?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •