Olympus PEN E-PL2 review
Olympus Singapore has been kind enough to provide 5 sets of the E-PL2 with kit lenses for Clubsnap Mods to review and field test over the next couple of weeks..... so..... other Mods will be contributing comments and images.
I also understand that Oly will be working with Clubsnap on a few hands-on sessions ..... so do look out for these outing announcements
I'll start the ball rolling here first and more images (and feedback/comments) will be added in the coming weeks
The EPL2 looks cosmetically different from the EPL1 with curvier lines
1. The front grip is sporting a slightly higher 'hump' and thus a more secure hold
2. The lens release button has a little more 'bling'
3. The flash hot-shoe is flush into the top panel without the old 'hump'
4. There is a MSAP dial knob above that includes iAuto, ART, SCN, video (that video icon on the knob is ..... illogical ..... I was able to activate the video shoot button WITH or WITHOUT turning the shooting mode knob to the video icon )
5. Thank you for giving the white body a tan/sandstone grip ...... it actually makes the white version look very handsome ( hint hint there is a really great DSLR that comes in a hideous white and black version)
6. Front of camera is metal and the whole outfit looks and feels well-put together
7. The kit lens (as in almost all kit lenses) is clad in silver polycarb to give it a faux brushed steel feel ..... its saving grace being a wonderful Zuiko zoom with focal range of 14-42mm (28-84mm equiv in 35mm format)... and comes with a lock/unlock switch ....from 14mm through 42mm, the kit zoom looks physically extended when deployed for shooting .... (again I'm asking for ALL manufacturers to PLEASE give consumers a physically flatter , low profile kit zoom to complement all these diet, slim-profiled EVIL bodies)
Here are some images of the camera itself with the kit lens for a look-see and inspection