Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

  1. #1
    Member kwanhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    825

    Default has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    i keep seeing the commercial on TV nowadays... and I wonder if anyone has challenged their lowest price guarantee...

    like walk into courts at Funan and tell them that "ehhhhh at least 3 shops in this same building got lower price for this camera... how ah?"

    i'm sure they probably have some clause to protect themselves... but wonder how it works

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    courts is just total rubbish.

    during the IT show, i told them that the IT show price and freebies are so much better than them, then i ask them "so wat is courts offer to be the lowest price guarantee?" <-- i said this pointing to the lowest price guarantee signs on the walls.

    then wat the salesman tell me? "Go and get from the IT show instead, we are unable to match the IT show offer."

    courts is total utter rubbish.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  3. #3

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    This is all bulls1t marketing lingo ...

    Robinson is always saying that.
    The Changi Airport retailers are always saying that.

    You believe?
    always the Light, .... always.

  4. #4
    Member kwanhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    825

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    well i think nobody has tried hard enough to get them to live by their words... maybe shoot some email high high to upper management

    complain to CASE (?) or complain somewhere about false advertising.

    but then again... i don't think any of us here jia pak bo eng got so much time lol

  5. #5

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    bukit timah branch is closing down. got very good offer . but dunno when is the last day.
    Objection !!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    courts is just total rubbish.

    during the IT show, i told them that the IT show price and freebies are so much better than them, then i ask them "so wat is courts offer to be the lowest price guarantee?" <-- i said this pointing to the lowest price guarantee signs on the walls.

    then wat the salesman tell me? "Go and get from the IT show instead, we are unable to match the IT show offer."

    courts is total utter rubbish.
    I'm not sure about that, but last time I went there, they say they can only match the price, but not the freebies as freebies are sponsored. Which I thought was reasonable. I'm not sure about them telling you flat that they cannot match the price though

  7. #7
    Member guseliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    bukit timah branch is closing down. got very good offer . but dunno when is the last day.
    I have seen that for ages.. Not sure when they're closing down.

  8. #8

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    i cannot be bother about these prices from megastore
    theres only2 place i will consider for electronics and appliances

    1)Goh Ah Bee from hougang
    2)Everjoint at AMK

    so i just check out the model and prices and head down to them
    they just quote u the best price and is really the best price

  9. #9

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    court's price is at least 20 to 30% extra than the normal retail pricing........how to say it's lowest leh? total bullshit la.
    おれのflickrださ

  10. #10

    Default

    Lowest price among megastore & not others

  11. #11

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Lowest price among megastore & not others
    not true oso......ikea cheaper for the same item.
    おれのflickrださ

  12. #12

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    GREAT! I just bought a LCD TV from Courts Mega Store.... It cost me $798.... BUT SOMEONE BOUGHT IT AT $749 AT BEST DENKI!!!!! Can I claim from them?
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

  13. #13

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    once i remember checking out apple products at courts tampines. their prices were higher that what apple charged then.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels
    i cannot be bother about these prices from megastore
    theres only2 place i will consider for electronics and appliances

    1)Goh Ah Bee from hougang
    2)Everjoint at AMK

    so i just check out the model and prices and head down to them
    they just quote u the best price and is really the best price
    Hi, wat are e address for above shops? Would like to go n take a look.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    My dad gets his electronics from Goh Ah Bee from Hougang too

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    i cannot be bother about these prices from megastore
    theres only2 place i will consider for electronics and appliances

    1)Goh Ah Bee from hougang
    2)Everjoint at AMK

    so i just check out the model and prices and head down to them
    they just quote u the best price and is really the best price
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cqprime
    My dad gets his electronics from Goh Ah Bee from Hougang too
    Do they sell camera gear?

  17. #17

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    for what i know they don sell camera stuff

    mostly home appliances: hob, hood, washing machine and such
    they are small neighborhood electronic shop and nothing much for you to see
    most of us will check out the prices and model in megastore and give them a call for quote

    Goh entertain direct phone quote with COD

    Everjoint wants you to go down and put some deposit, sometimes they don even give u the price over the phone. but they do have good prices too

    another shop that will match the lowest prices is the mega store at kallang leisure iirc?
    sorry i cant remember the name

    i know all these as i was doing some minor home renovation
    infos are mostly from renotalk

    as for the contacts pls do a search online cos they are easily available

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels
    for what i know they don sell camera stuff

    mostly home appliances: hob, hood, washing machine and such
    they are small neighborhood electronic shop and nothing much for you to see
    most of us will check out the prices and model in megastore and give them a call for quote

    Goh entertain direct phone quote with COD

    Everjoint wants you to go down and put some deposit, sometimes they don even give u the price over the phone. but they do have good prices too

    another shop that will match the lowest prices is the mega store at kallang leisure iirc?
    sorry i cant remember the name

    i know all these as i was doing some minor home renovation
    infos are mostly from renotalk

    as for the contacts pls do a search online cos they are easily available
    Oic I used to buy from hong liang at alexander village...basically these shops survive based on supplier credit term

  19. #19

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion View Post
    GREAT! I just bought a LCD TV from Courts Mega Store.... It cost me $798.... BUT SOMEONE BOUGHT IT AT $749 AT BEST DENKI!!!!! Can I claim from them?
    Great work by Courts! They let me claim back part of the different! This afternoon a representative from Courts called me up to explain to me why there was a different in Price. I was told that Best Denki was having their "In-House" promotion on selected model for weekend only and only 10 sets per store which happened to be the LCD TV I bought.... But he was honest enough to tell me Best Denki was actually selling at $779 after that promotion and Courts was willing to refund me the different which was $19 x 2=$38 ($798 - $779)....... Well better than nothing!
    Canon 40D with Tamron 17-50mm and Canon G11

  20. #20
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

    Courts so called "usual price" is crap. It's just a random number punched in by the person who types the price tags. This figure has to be few tens of dollars higher than the "selling price". This fictitious price would be labeled as "usual price".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •