Thread: Newbie on Lens hood

Default Newbie on Lens hood

Hi All, like to ask anyone here about lens hood.

Wanted to get a flower hood for my wide lens. but i notice, if i fixed the flower hood to my wide lens( screw in type), when i press my shutter halfway, the lens and the hood will rotate too..is this un-usual?

thanks

Default Re: Newbie on Lens hood

It means you should NOT have gotten a petal hood for your lens. You should have gotten the circular type.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It means you should NOT have gotten a petal hood for your lens. You should have gotten the circular type.
    thanks bro, noted. i have not yet get the petal hood. shall go for e circular instead.

Front-rotating lenses should not be used with a screw-in type of lens hood.

You should either use the circular type as mentioned by Rashkae, or the bayonet-type of lens hood.
    Canon EOS 6D | 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | 50mm f/1.4 HSM | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

actually even on lens that are supposed to use petal hoods, i do find i get somewhat better contrast using the circular ones.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Usually lens manufacturers will have some information on what type of hood is suitable for thier lenses.