Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XZ-1 Where and how much.

Default Re: XZ-1 Where and how much.

Quote Originally Posted by arsene View Post
    Not sure whether you still want to use the same camera after 2 to 3 yrs when new and better models are around.
    I dont see anything wrong with using an older camera . . I still think it is the photographer more than the camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    Agreed. Probably make sense for high value or price items or things do not get updated so often. Maybe for cameras would be mid-higher end dslrs or expensive lenses.

Pns? I guess it gets updated almost every year now or some even within 6months.
    Disagree, it depends on the individual. What do you do when your camera which is more than 1 year old, out of warranty but needs an expensive repair? Throw it away? A warranty gives you peace of mind for sure. Unless you are the sort who is prepared to write off $700 after 1 year of use of your new camera? In that case, buy an export set, even cheaper!

if u are going thru T2, camera shop selling S$653/-....

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Disagree, it depends on the individual. What do you do when your camera which is more than 1 year old, out of warranty but needs an expensive repair? Throw it away? A warranty gives you peace of mind for sure. Unless you are the sort who is prepared to write off $700 after 1 year of use of your new camera? In that case, buy an export set, even cheaper!
    I wonder how many of you still use a camera that is more than 3 yrs old??

The likelihood of camera breaking down after 1 yr is very low and most people would sell them off as 2nd hand if they wish to upgrade. Body depreciates much faster than lens and it is a known fact that if your camera is 3 yrs or more older, you are missing a lot of features or technologies found in the current bodies. Not to say you cannot take a good picture with an old cam, just merely saying that for the enthusiasts they will mostly upgrade after 1 to 2 yrs, myself included. My Fuji FD31 is now lying in my dry cabinet after I upgraded to the LX-3 and GF-1.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with using an older camera . . I still think it is the photographer more than the camera!
    I totally agree with you that there is nothing wrong. It is just that there is always the temptation to change to a better body incorporating newer features; your skills may remain the same but there is always a hope that a better body will given you a better picture.

Same for golfers. They always buy driver with the hope that they will hit the ball longer & straighter, but somehow deep down inside they know that it is their golfing skills that matters.

Otherwise, why do we see so many people selling off new bodies, some even as new as a couple of months old, especially when there is a launch of newer models.

Challenger is selling at $748. Can probably bargain to buy at about $699.

Harvey Norman is selling, if I am not mistaken, $811 with 5 year extended warranty which is an extra $135 which means the camera is $676. My figure might not be 100% accurate but it is around there.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837365

1 year 3 months and kaput. This is my fear.
    I have a DVD recorder which stopped working after just about 1 and half years?

Depends on your luck, maybe I have not been lucky with electronic stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by arsene View Post
    I wonder how many of you still use a camera that is more than 3 yrs old??

The likelihood of camera breaking down after 1 yr is very low and most people would sell them off as 2nd hand if they wish to upgrade. Body depreciates much faster than lens and it is a known fact that if your camera is 3 yrs or more older, you are missing a lot of features or technologies found in the current bodies. Not to say you cannot take a good picture with an old cam, just merely saying that for the enthusiasts they will mostly upgrade after 1 to 2 yrs, myself included. My Fuji FD31 is now lying in my dry cabinet after I upgraded to the LX-3 and GF-1.
    I'm still using my old E-1 and E-3, depends on luck and how is taken care I guess

Quote Originally Posted by alex123 View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837365

1 year 3 months and kaput. This is my fear.
    I have a DVD recorder which stopped working after just about 1 and half years?

Depends on your luck, maybe I have not been lucky with electronic stuffs.
    My E-3 is probably at least 4 years old, my E-3 is at least 2, both still working fine, E-1 sent to service center change rubber grip,small matter

My E-3 suay the LED inside the VF died, so have to change the whole prism (this is really unlucky, cause they tried to change the LED but it didn't work, so just changed the whole thing) and my screen back cover also changed cause i keep opening and closing, since its flip out screen, I guess really depends on luck and how well your camera is taken care of, if you're fearful, get extended warranties, I never do cause I can't really be bothered but of course, that's just me
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

Quote Originally Posted by arsene
    Challenger is selling at $748. Can probably bargain to buy at about $699.
    Am at nex mall challenger, $699. Only one set left....thinking, lol...

The more stylo white one coming after CNY.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat
    The more stylo white one coming after CNY.
    Cool! Cant wait....the feel of xz1 is good....and one of the largest piece of glass i seen on a compact.

XZ-1 original casing is out now at Oly office. But....its $138

wonder if they will come out with the auto opening lens cap for the XZ-1 like those of the Lumix LX5
    A7R2|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|Σ150|70-200G2

by the way for the purpose of the original thread intentions, just got my XZ-1 ystdy at SLR Rev at $672, spare battery at $9, screen protector at $2, free 8gb card. is the OLY case simply that slot in leather case?

Hi the spare batt at $9 is third party one?

Quote Originally Posted by otabbyo
    Hi the spare batt at $9 is third party one?
    Probably, $9 cant get original one.

haha i think so too..

3rd party of course.

btw since the oly does not come with an external charger, i just purchased on ebay an external charger + LI-50B combo, wonder how long will it take to come from HK in the CNY season....

F31D is a gem, I am still using it after trying many newer compact pns.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast