Thread: [Help] Choosing a phone with good battery life and web browsing

Default [Help] Choosing a phone with good battery life and web browsing

I'm not fans of any particular smart phone (since the touch screen drains a lot of power), but just need a phone with web browsing, good battery life (can last >~2 days during normal operation) with decent camera (if possible).

Thanks for your suggestions
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

Default Re: [Help] Choosing a phone with good battery life and web browsing

blackberry?
    Canon Kiss X4 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS II Kit lens | 50mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by szeping View Post
    I'm not fans of any particular smart phone (since the touch screen drains a lot of power), but just need a phone with web browsing, good battery life (can last >~2 days during normal operation) with decent camera (if possible).

Thanks for your suggestions
    I don't think you can find a phone with good batt life considering your usage (web browsing).

Yup I agree that blackberry is the closest you can get . I use my BB curve for emails solely, one day receives around 40 mails . It can last 2.5 days.

But this is without making calls or sms and other browsing.

Web browsing experience on BB isnt fantastic to be honest.
    Alpha and Omega

Thanks for all the inputs

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    I don't think you can find a phone with good batt life considering your usage (web browsing).
    I will only browse/check mail like 3 times a day when I'm out from home, won't exceed 1 hour in total. Will that drain up a lot of battery as well?

I know that typical smartphone in market now can last for 1 day (less than 1 day if heavy usage!), but I'm just a little bit uncomfortable with it... that's why looking for sth that will last for 2 days+, so I will only need to charge on alternate days.
    思斌的部落格 - szeping.com
    Wedding/Event Photography - 10eyesGallery.com

iPhone 4 has a considerably improved battery life over 3GS. With heavy usage, about a day. If you don't use the web much, it can in fact last really long. When I went overseas, I didn't need to charge it after 3 days, and it wasn't even really flat.

Not sure about other smartphones, have not used them before. Most smartphones don't have dismal battery life, just that people use them for more things.. More often.

I've use a few models of smart phones, I don't think I'm a heavy user, typically a full charge can last me 1.5 days so some how you still have to charge it daily.

If you are worried about the battery dying on you maybe you can get mobile battery pack to charge your phone on the go.