Thread: SDHC write protection problem

Default SDHC write protection problem

Hi guys,

Need a little advise how to resolve this problem-

My new 32GB SDHC card works fine with my 2 PC and Nikon compact camera, able to write & read. However, when I insert this SDHC into my Panasonic Gf1, it shows "write-protected" message. I try to tape it so that it will be in unlocked position all the time but no help. I format the card also no help.

The GF1 has no problem accepting my another 8gb & 16gb SDHC..

Anyone know why?

Default Re: SDHC write protection problem

Not sure if this is the solution which would work for you

[http://www.getflashmemory.info/hack-...te-protected/]

Another possibility I can think of is that your GF1 doesn't support SDHC above 16GB?
    I thought 32GB is SDXC
    Exploring! :)

32GB is also SDHC.

Could be your 32GB card may not be compatible with the camera. what you can do is bring the card to any megastore selling the GF1 and ask for a demo using your memory card. If everything works fine then chances are its your camera issue in which case give a call to the service center.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Red face Re: SDHC write protection problem

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    32GB is also SDHC.

Could be your 32GB card may not be compatible with the camera. what you can do is bring the card to any megastore selling the GF1 and ask for a demo using your memory card. If everything works fine then chances are its your camera issue in which case give a call to the service center.
    Look like that's the only way because i really can't understand why it can work with other camera and PC but not the GF1...

some cameras refuse to write on the card if it detects folders created by other cameras