Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950
Results 981 to 997 of 997

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

  1. #981
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Still clueless whether FX will meet my needs... Currently, I'm trying to look at a model that will deliver A3 size quality images (magazine)... If D3s still can't do it.. then might as well wait abit longer... Not that any of my images can make it lah... but good to look into the issue before realising too late...
    A3 is 17" x 11", right?
    At 200dpi that's still well under 12MP wat.
    And magazines print at much less than 200dpi
    Exploring! :)

  2. #982

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    12MP overkill? Can it fit into a A3 size print or not? A4, 12MP confirm no problem... A3, 12MP is a tad smaller... unless you stretch the image to cover the 5mm "bleeding" on all sides as well. Technical issue...
    haha get D3x lor 24mp! sure enuff haha

  3. #983
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    A3 is 17" x 11", right?
    At 200dpi that's still well under 12MP wat.
    I thought the standard is 300 dpi??
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  4. #984
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    haha get D3x lor 24mp! sure enuff haha
    slow lah... plus ISO level pretty sucky...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  5. #985
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    I'm attending a sports photography workshop... dunno will be registered for this coming sat or not... good time to ask the pros what I should expect...

    if 200 dpi is the magazine minimum, then no worries... 12MP should suffice!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st March 2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  6. #986
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    You guys have seen this right?

    PPed to enhance the image further...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #987

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Actually 12mp will be enough. The issue is when you need to crop. The higher mp you have, the more you can crop and still have decent pic.
    For me, i super kiasu, take everything at highest raw ... each file 20 plus mb. Just in case need to crop, which I do quite often.
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  8. #988
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I'm attending a sports photography workshop... dunno will be registered for this coming sat or not... good time to ask the pros what I should expect...

    if 200 dpi is the magazine minimum, then no worries... 12MP should suffice!
    I can check w ex-colleagues. I think magazine prints are abt 130-150dpi. With a 10x loupe can clearly see the dots.
    Exploring! :)

  9. #989
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I can check w ex-colleagues. I think magazine prints are abt 130-150dpi. With a 10x loupe can clearly see the dots.
    Hopefully not local standard, international is more accurate. Btw, I've googled "minimum magazine resolution".... most searches turn up with 300 dpi leh... dunno accurate or not
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  10. #990
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Actually 12mp will be enough. The issue is when you need to crop. The higher mp you have, the more you can crop and still have decent pic.
    For me, i super kiasu, take everything at highest raw ... each file 20 plus mb. Just in case need to crop, which I do quite often.
    For Canon, no worries... you guys have high MPs and high image resolutions... And yes you're correct, cropping from 12mp, one will loose much.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st March 2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  11. #991
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Hopefully not local standard, international is more accurate. Btw, I've googled "minimum magazine resolution".... most searches turn up with 300 dpi leh... dunno accurate or not
    from what I know.. 200-300dpi is very good magazine quality...

    for poster can even be lower dpi.. it all depends on the distance you are viewing the image.. I have done A2 posters with images captured.. no issue la.. (at least not to me la)..
    Last edited by ClemC; 1st March 2011 at 10:55 PM.

  12. #992
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    from what I know.. 200-300dpi is very good magazine quality...

    for poster can even be lower dpi.. it all depends on the distance you are viewing the image.. I have done A2 posters with images captured.. no issue la.. (at least not to me la)..
    Thanks for the input. If 200dpi - confirm no problem... but 300dpi - falls short by about 1/4 real estate... Hope ZCA and Scubagolfer is right... I don't want to change brand...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 1st March 2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #993

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm still considering now weather to cross over to FF or crop (future upgrade)... currently, D300s is speedy, but D7000 has a larger image size and better ISO handling. D700, while the speed is sufficient and ISO level better, the image size is still based on 12MP... and will lose out to crop factor in terms of reach...

    My upgrade now depends on future releases of D400 and D800...
    Welcome to the sit and wait game.. lolx..

    Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    then why look at D400 or D800 when u know u are going to be FX go to D3 straight
    tt is kinda of overkill for him ba..
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    12MP overkill? Can it fit into a A3 size print or not? A4, 12MP confirm no problem... A3, 12MP is a tad smaller... unless you stretch the image to cover the 5mm "bleeding" on all sides as well. Technical issue...
    I think for you case, personally i feel DX will still be a better choice for you in term of having the crop factor of 1.6.
    if you go FX then you lose out on the crop factor unless the MP of the FX is a lot higher like what canon is producing..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  14. #994
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Thanks for the input. If 200dpi - confirm no problem... but 300dpi - falls short by about 1/4 real estate... Hope ZCA and Scubagolfer is right... I don't want to change brand...
    Your D90 also 12MP mah. Why not you try make an A3 print and see if it's acceptable to you?
    Note that the larger you print, the further you view from, hence DPI requirement will be lower.
    There also seems to be a lot of confusion regarding DPI, PPI, etc...
    Exploring! :)

  15. #995
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Not if you bend your flash up...

  16. #996
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI


  17. #997
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    Welcome to the sit and wait game.. lolx..
    I think for you case, personally i feel DX will still be a better choice for you in term of having the crop factor of 1.6.
    if you go FX then you lose out on the crop factor unless the MP of the FX is a lot higher like what canon is producing..
    Yeah it's kinda wait and see for me still... Btw, it's cf of 1.5 for Nikon DXes... 1.6 are Canon's and Sigma's (and other brands that I'm not too familiar with).

    FX loosing out on crop I understand, that's why I'm waiting on what will be included in the next slew of FX cams... Maybe they will be 16MP as well (like D7000) or maybe larger (hopeful but highly unlikely). D300s' replacement will most like come with D7000's sensor, hence 16MP as well - ISO performance wise also similiar in nature...

    Read somewhere that 16MP is FF's max resolution - can't go higher... dunno how true...

    One other thing... DX will loose out on dynamic range when compared to FX... which is why I'm on the fence right now...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 2nd March 2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254045484950

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •