Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

kriegs, thanks for taking the effort to post up the photos of Oregon coastline.
    I can imagine that it's pretty spectacular. Looks like I have to plan my "once-in-a-lifetime" pilgrimage along the US West Coast, or break it down into multiple trips

look forward to photos from Bitez after her honeymoon... hahahah ~pressure pressure~
    Exploring! :)

heard an ad on the radio this morning. It went something like

"2010 was a good year for Citroen. We become the No.1 French car brand in Singapore...!"

and I was thinking "WTF, there are only 2 French mass-market car brands in Singapore... what's the big deal that they are No.1?"

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

No worries lah, if you can make it - it would be good as not many Singaporeans have been up northwest much unless you happened to be in the US for a very long duration. If you can't, then no big loss anyway since you can get plenty of nice sceneries in California too (as DD suggested). :-)

As for the nice pics you've seen, don't be under pressured hor... Unless you're going to be awake before the sunrises near coast or nice places - you'll just have to make do with what you'll see. Wish you all the best in getting all the nice lights, blue skies and beautiful cloud formations when you take the pictures!

I guess you won't have time to view my albums (time to put them back into the storage again) hahah!
    Morning!

Ya, sorry kriegs to make u pull out ur albums for nothing.. :x well at least can go thru the pics n have fond memories of ur dating days eh? :x

Woo thanks for taking the time for scanning/shooting ur old photos!

Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    Morning!

Ya, sorry kriegs to make u pull out ur albums for nothing.. :x well at least can go thru the pics n have fond memories of ur dating days eh? :x

Woo thanks for taking the time for scanning/shooting ur old photos!
    morning, next is your sharing !

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver

morning, next is your sharing !
    Haha gotta wait 2 months for me to be back, and another 2 months for me to find something worthy to post in CS..

Haha gotta wait 2 months for me to be back, and another 2 months for me to find something worthy to post in CS..
    wah...! Why so long?
    cannot cannot.
    You planning to shoot in JPG or RAW?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    wah...! Why so long?
    cannot cannot.
    You planning to shoot in JPG or RAW?
    haha ask her to shoot in RAW + JPG
    haha

wah lau ....
    cannot la.
    timeline within two month from coming back haha

Probably potential worthy shots in raw n most in jpg... If all raw + jpg, I think can wait till next yr... Hahahah

I reckon i need to get at least 2 pc of 32gb... Is dat an overkill? Existing I only have 12gb...

Quote Originally Posted by bitez
    Probably potential worthy shots in raw n most in jpg... If all raw + jpg, I think can wait till next yr... Hahahah

I reckon i need to get at least 2 pc of 32gb... Is dat an overkill? Existing I only have 12gb...
    You're going for how long? I only got 2 pcs of 8GB
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

+ 1 320G Portable Hard Disk... LOL

Hahaha try not to be too kiasu and bring many many cards and shoot many many photos.
    Sometimes it can adversely affect the quality of your photos.

D90's RAW files are just under 10MB/photo. 8GB card gives you about 700+ photos, which is like 20 rolls of 36exp film
    I would imagine that 2 x 8GB would be sufficient. If you feel kiasu, no harm to bring 3 or 4 x 8GB
    I tend to prefer more pcs of smaller capacity cards, in case 1 goes bad.

Agree, 2-3 8gb cards is better than 1-2 large capacity ones, in case one of them breaks down on you. Since you'll be away for 2 months, i assume you'll also be bringing your laptop, or at least have access to a PC. Just bring another external HD and transfer/back up your pics often, and you'll be ok.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

My shots not very nice one lah... didn't feel too good about showing them off given the quality of images one can see on CS and internet... but thought I should just show for the sake of some "the least you can get" kind of shots possible...

Yes, it was on during a "dating" mission... hence, soooooo memorable... Till now we still talk about it when the thoughts of yester-years crossed our minds...

So bitez... it's the TIME for you and your hub... soooo...MAKE IT COUNT! Dun be too stressed about taking photos and ignore other possible moments... Don't romance the rocks, the trees, the birds, the place and ignore the very important ONE standing next to you okay? Having a road trip is like going on an Amazing Race episode... there will be bound to be small quibbles and things happening that's not going your way (part and parcel of free and easy)... Relax and be more forgiving - the both of ya! Photography should be secondary to everything you'll get to experience first hand...

When you drive on a lonely straight road... wind down the window... feel the breeze... let your hair fly in the wind (make sure no traffic lah!)... Most of America's roads is about the "road to freedom"...

When you chance upon a great view, dun just rush for the camera... grab your hubs hand and cuddle before the great view and enjoy! It's about being there and seeing it before your eyes... Don't spend most of the time behind the viewfinder okay?!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th February 2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Eh... you all not brining netbook or laptop during your trip ar? Should la. If you are bringing, just load pictures into laptop everyday lor.

Eh I'm not goin for 2 mths la... I wish! Hehe..

Yea I was thinking of bringing portable hdd, but need to find a pc for us to transfer frm card to hdd.. Was also thinking of bringing netbook, but now considering we're staying motels most of the time, not safe to leave netbook in motel esp when it's not mine... N it's too cumbersome to bring lappy out to Disney or universal...:x

Thanks for ur advices! Point taken kriegs.. Grab hubby's hands first bef grabbing cam.. Heheh

Invest or borrow more SDHCs lah... Follow the KISS rule... Plus light weight and less things to keep track of = less worries for the trip... Bring only the bare necessities!

If tired, better get enough rest ...don't go crazy over sunrise hours - if want better sleep early - nothing to do at night anyway - might as well turn in early...or else, get on the CCAs :X and then sleep as early as possible! No kidding... you need all the energy on the road - not safe if driving half-awake - you'll be still suffering a bit of jet lag okay?

Blog Entries

Eh I'm not goin for 2 mths la... I wish! Hehe..

Yea I was thinking of bringing portable hdd, but need to find a pc for us to transfer frm card to hdd.. Was also thinking of bringing netbook, but now considering we're staying motels most of the time, not safe to leave netbook in motel esp when it's not mine... N it's too cumbersome to bring lappy out to Disney or universal...:x

Thanks for ur advices! Point taken kriegs.. Grab hubby's hands first bef grabbing cam.. Heheh
    What we usually do is to lock laptops and stuff in the trunk of the car, buried under clothing, jackets, bags and some mess.

And do not put it into the trunk where you park... do it somewhere else... so drive in then just park.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    What we usually do is to lock laptops and stuff in the trunk of the car, buried under clothing, jackets, bags and some mess.

And do not put it into the trunk where you park... do it somewhere else... so drive in then just park.
    More worried about rental car being gone...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Eh... you all not brining netbook or laptop during your trip ar? Should la. If you are bringing, just load pictures into laptop everyday lor.
    ya, shld bring a netbook.
    it will be sufficient.