Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Blog Entries

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

Bitez, when in Sausalito, do remember to check out the houseboats there... very interesting...

http://moseyblog.wordpress.com/2009/...useboat-dream/

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Driving insurance buy from the car rental company. Go for both Damage waiver (covers all damage to the rental car, they don't even check the car after), as well as 3rd party insurance to be safe. Some credit cards will cover 3rd party insurance if you use the card to rent the car, but I am pretty sure singapore cards do not offer that.
    Yup. When I drive in Australia oso did that

Blog Entries

And to give Bitez some inspiration...

Here is a very good landscape photographer who shoots in the bay area. He even provide map and GPS locations and the settings and setups he uses.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrick-smith-photography/

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Mid march... wow, weather will be amazing! Will be doing Marin headlands, Sausalito and 17 mile drive?

I miss Cali so much... it's been 7 years since I left that beautiful place...
    Driving insurance buy from the car rental company. Go for both Damage waiver (covers all damage to the rental car, they don't even check the car after), as well as 3rd party insurance to be safe. Some credit cards will cover 3rd party insurance if you use the card to rent the car, but I am pretty sure singapore cards do not offer that.
    ahh.. marin headlands.. shucks wherezdat? i hope we have time to do suasalito after alcatraz, or pass by it on the way to muir woods and then to gilroy.. and yup will be doin the 17 mile drive to pebble beach..

the travel insurance we got covers rental vehicle excess of 500, but we will be getting from the car rental company as well... hmm speaking of which, havent book yet...

woah.. the boathouses looks amazing! my friend's pics of the boat houses totally didnt look like this at all!

and thanks for sharing patrick smith's flickr.... veeeeeeery nice!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    ahh.. marin headlands.. shucks wherezdat? i hope we have time to do suasalito after alcatraz, or pass by it on the way to muir woods and then to gilroy.. and yup will be doin the 17 mile drive to pebble beach..

the travel insurance we got covers rental vehicle excess of 500, but we will be getting from the car rental company as well... hmm speaking of which, havent book yet...

woah.. the boathouses looks amazing! my friend's pics of the boat houses totally didnt look like this at all!

and thanks for sharing patrick smith's flickr.... veeeeeeery nice!
    Marin headlands, Sausalito is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    Wahaha if u c my itinerary I think u'll faint.. But I really got loads of help from CS peeps here.. And ya! dd n kriegs stayed there for more than 5 yrs.. But sadly I can't make it to the places kriegs recommended...
    No worries lah, if you can make it - it would be good as not many Singaporeans have been up northwest much unless you happened to be in the US for a very long duration. If you can't, then no big loss anyway since you can get plenty of nice sceneries in California too (as DD suggested). :-)

As for the nice pics you've seen, don't be under pressured hor... Unless you're going to be awake before the sunrises near coast or nice places - you'll just have to make do with what you'll see. Wish you all the best in getting all the nice lights, blue skies and beautiful cloud formations when you take the pictures!

I guess you won't have time to view my albums (time to put them back into the storage again) hahah!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    No worries lah, if you can make it - it would be good as not many Singaporeans have been up northwest much unless you happened to be in the US for a very long duration. If you can't, then no big loss anyway since you can get plenty of nice sceneries in California too (as DD suggested). :-)

As for the nice pics you've seen, don't be under pressured hor... Unless you're going to be awake before the sunrises near coast or nice places - you'll just have to make do with what you'll see. Wish you all the best in getting all the nice lights, blue skies and beautiful cloud formations when you take the pictures!

I guess you won't have time to view my albums (time to put them back into the storage again) hahah!
    Just curious, it being the west coast and all, how are the sunrises over there?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Just curious, it being the west coast and all, how are the sunrises over there?
    YOu've got me... it should have been sunset... Ownz...

Frankly, I don't think I have gotten up that early during my last roundabout in that area there... most of it taken during early morning and daytime... Too tired from driving around to wake up that early anyway. But the mist in the early morning is really beautiful... made it pretty much heavenly...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th February 2011 at 12:03 PM.

YOu've got me... it should have been sunset... Ownz...

Frankly, I don't think I have gotten up that early during my last roundabout in that area there... most of it taken during early morning and daytime... Too tired from driving around to wake up that early anyway. But the mist in the early morning is really beautiful... made it pretty much heavenly...
    no no... wasn't trying to pinpoint a mistake...
    I'm sure in places with enough space (foreground) facing eastward (eg. around the SF bay area and so on), sunrise should be quite nice as well.
    You obviously don't get the sun rising over the far far distant horizon...
    Exploring! :)

Blog Entries

I'm sure in places with enough space (foreground) facing eastward (eg. around the SF bay area and so on), sunrise should be quite nice as well.
    Can also la. In lakes and stuff... and they have big lakes there... And SF Bay is a peninsular...

Seriously, when travelling you don't get much choices of where to shoot for sunset/sunrise.. unless you already know that location beforehand and are prepared to camp there earlier... Plus, you're at the mercy of the weather... In my case, I was met with mist...luckily it is still a beautiful sight to behold...(very dreamy...) If you are a dweller of that state however, you've plenty of opportunity... but must be close to the sunrise/sunset area... it isn't simply a drive from Woodlands to Changi, mind you... Depending on where you stay, it can be a drive from Woodlands to central West Malaysia?

Can also la. In lakes and stuff... and they have big lakes there... And SF Bay is a peninsular...
    Speaking of Lakes, reminds of me of Lake Michigan.... You can't even see the OTHER side.... And it was FREEZING cold even when the sun is shining brightly... of course this was during Feb...

true true...
    I think I woke up early enough to see the sunrise when I was staying somewhere around Monterey... even though I couldn't see the 'egg yolk', the sky was.... wow...

Seriously, when travelling you don't get much choices of where to shoot for sunset/sunrise.. unless you already know that location beforehand and are prepared to camp there earlier... Plus, you're at the mercy of the weather... In my case, I was met with mist...luckily it is still a beautiful sight to behold...(very dreamy...) If you are a dweller of that state however, you've plenty of opportunity... but must be close to the sunrise/sunset area... it isn't simply a drive from Woodlands to Changi, mind you... Depending on where you stay, it can be a drive from Woodlands to central West Malaysia?
    I know what you mean

Forgive my noob shots with a lousy film PnS (sorry about the fading colours - photograph getting old liao)..my photography skill also majorly sucked back then...(not that I'm that great now either lol):

Top of North West Oregon - left side facing the great vast pacific ocean, right side mostly mountaineous regions...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th February 2011 at 12:56 PM.

By the side of the road dangerously close to the edge... see what I mean about the mist? Love it...

No need to travel too far to see any interesting rocks formations... they are all over the coastal areas... Each area with a different characteristics...

A different area... probably worth waiting a sunset for... Note... not a human in sight...

"face" rock... staring at the stars....

"Devil's Kitchen"... no 12 apostles...