Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 997

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

  1. #381
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Bitez, when in Sausalito, do remember to check out the houseboats there... very interesting...

    http://moseyblog.wordpress.com/2009/...useboat-dream/

  2. #382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    Driving insurance buy from the car rental company. Go for both Damage waiver (covers all damage to the rental car, they don't even check the car after), as well as 3rd party insurance to be safe. Some credit cards will cover 3rd party insurance if you use the card to rent the car, but I am pretty sure singapore cards do not offer that.
    Yup. When I drive in Australia oso did that

  3. #383
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    And to give Bitez some inspiration...

    Here is a very good landscape photographer who shoots in the bay area. He even provide map and GPS locations and the settings and setups he uses.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrick-smith-photography/

  4. #384

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Mid march... wow, weather will be amazing! Will be doing Marin headlands, Sausalito and 17 mile drive?

    I miss Cali so much... it's been 7 years since I left that beautiful place...
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Driving insurance buy from the car rental company. Go for both Damage waiver (covers all damage to the rental car, they don't even check the car after), as well as 3rd party insurance to be safe. Some credit cards will cover 3rd party insurance if you use the card to rent the car, but I am pretty sure singapore cards do not offer that.
    ahh.. marin headlands.. shucks wherezdat? i hope we have time to do suasalito after alcatraz, or pass by it on the way to muir woods and then to gilroy.. and yup will be doin the 17 mile drive to pebble beach..

    the travel insurance we got covers rental vehicle excess of 500, but we will be getting from the car rental company as well... hmm speaking of which, havent book yet...

    woah.. the boathouses looks amazing! my friend's pics of the boat houses totally didnt look like this at all!

    and thanks for sharing patrick smith's flickr.... veeeeeeery nice!

  5. #385
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    ahh.. marin headlands.. shucks wherezdat? i hope we have time to do suasalito after alcatraz, or pass by it on the way to muir woods and then to gilroy.. and yup will be doin the 17 mile drive to pebble beach..

    the travel insurance we got covers rental vehicle excess of 500, but we will be getting from the car rental company as well... hmm speaking of which, havent book yet...

    woah.. the boathouses looks amazing! my friend's pics of the boat houses totally didnt look like this at all!

    and thanks for sharing patrick smith's flickr.... veeeeeeery nice!
    Marin headlands, Sausalito is part of it.

  6. #386
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by bitez View Post
    Wahaha if u c my itinerary I think u'll faint.. But I really got loads of help from CS peeps here.. And ya! dd n kriegs stayed there for more than 5 yrs.. But sadly I can't make it to the places kriegs recommended...
    No worries lah, if you can make it - it would be good as not many Singaporeans have been up northwest much unless you happened to be in the US for a very long duration. If you can't, then no big loss anyway since you can get plenty of nice sceneries in California too (as DD suggested). :-)

    As for the nice pics you've seen, don't be under pressured hor... Unless you're going to be awake before the sunrises near coast or nice places - you'll just have to make do with what you'll see. Wish you all the best in getting all the nice lights, blue skies and beautiful cloud formations when you take the pictures!

    I guess you won't have time to view my albums (time to put them back into the storage again) hahah!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  7. #387
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    No worries lah, if you can make it - it would be good as not many Singaporeans have been up northwest much unless you happened to be in the US for a very long duration. If you can't, then no big loss anyway since you can get plenty of nice sceneries in California too (as DD suggested). :-)

    As for the nice pics you've seen, don't be under pressured hor... Unless you're going to be awake before the sunrises near coast or nice places - you'll just have to make do with what you'll see. Wish you all the best in getting all the nice lights, blue skies and beautiful cloud formations when you take the pictures!

    I guess you won't have time to view my albums (time to put them back into the storage again) hahah!
    Just curious, it being the west coast and all, how are the sunrises over there?

  8. #388
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Just curious, it being the west coast and all, how are the sunrises over there?
    YOu've got me... it should have been sunset... Ownz...

    Frankly, I don't think I have gotten up that early during my last roundabout in that area there... most of it taken during early morning and daytime... Too tired from driving around to wake up that early anyway. But the mist in the early morning is really beautiful... made it pretty much heavenly...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th February 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  9. #389
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    YOu've got me... it should have been sunset... Ownz...

    Frankly, I don't think I have gotten up that early during my last roundabout in that area there... most of it taken during early morning and daytime... Too tired from driving around to wake up that early anyway. But the mist in the early morning is really beautiful... made it pretty much heavenly...
    no no... wasn't trying to pinpoint a mistake...
    I'm sure in places with enough space (foreground) facing eastward (eg. around the SF bay area and so on), sunrise should be quite nice as well.
    You obviously don't get the sun rising over the far far distant horizon...
    Exploring! :)

  10. #390
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    no no... wasn't trying to pinpoint a mistake...
    I'm sure in places with enough space (foreground) facing eastward (eg. around the SF bay area and so on), sunrise should be quite nice as well.
    You obviously don't get the sun rising over the far far distant horizon...
    Can also la. In lakes and stuff... and they have big lakes there... And SF Bay is a peninsular...

  11. #391
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    no no... wasn't trying to pinpoint a mistake...
    I'm sure in places with enough space (foreground) facing eastward (eg. around the SF bay area and so on), sunrise should be quite nice as well.
    You obviously don't get the sun rising over the far far distant horizon...
    Seriously, when travelling you don't get much choices of where to shoot for sunset/sunrise.. unless you already know that location beforehand and are prepared to camp there earlier... Plus, you're at the mercy of the weather... In my case, I was met with mist...luckily it is still a beautiful sight to behold...(very dreamy...) If you are a dweller of that state however, you've plenty of opportunity... but must be close to the sunrise/sunset area... it isn't simply a drive from Woodlands to Changi, mind you... Depending on where you stay, it can be a drive from Woodlands to central West Malaysia?
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  12. #392
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Can also la. In lakes and stuff... and they have big lakes there... And SF Bay is a peninsular...
    Speaking of Lakes, reminds of me of Lake Michigan.... You can't even see the OTHER side.... And it was FREEZING cold even when the sun is shining brightly... of course this was during Feb...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  13. #393
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Can also la. In lakes and stuff... and they have big lakes there... And SF Bay is a peninsular...
    true true...
    I think I woke up early enough to see the sunrise when I was staying somewhere around Monterey... even though I couldn't see the 'egg yolk', the sky was.... wow...
    Exploring! :)

  14. #394
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Seriously, when travelling you don't get much choices of where to shoot for sunset/sunrise.. unless you already know that location beforehand and are prepared to camp there earlier... Plus, you're at the mercy of the weather... In my case, I was met with mist...luckily it is still a beautiful sight to behold...(very dreamy...) If you are a dweller of that state however, you've plenty of opportunity... but must be close to the sunrise/sunset area... it isn't simply a drive from Woodlands to Changi, mind you... Depending on where you stay, it can be a drive from Woodlands to central West Malaysia?
    I know what you mean
    Exploring! :)

  15. #395
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI

    Forgive my noob shots with a lousy film PnS (sorry about the fading colours - photograph getting old liao)..my photography skill also majorly sucked back then...(not that I'm that great now either lol):

    Top of North West Oregon - left side facing the great vast pacific ocean, right side mostly mountaineous regions...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th February 2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  16. #396
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI



    By the side of the road dangerously close to the edge... see what I mean about the mist? Love it...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  17. #397
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI



    No need to travel too far to see any interesting rocks formations... they are all over the coastal areas... Each area with a different characteristics...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  18. #398
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI



    A different area... probably worth waiting a sunset for... Note... not a human in sight...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  19. #399
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI



    "face" rock... staring at the stars....
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  20. #400
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XVI



    "Devil's Kitchen"... no 12 apostles...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •