Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: 10-22 on 5dmk2

  1. #1

    Default 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Hi,

    I'm Newbie in FF body so i just want to ask from you seniors

    if the Canon 10-22 is suited for 5dmk2?

    any expert suggestion on with lens in should buy for

    wide angle lens using FF?

    if this is posted by early newbie (Sorry)...please direct me to the correct link...

    Hope to hear from you soon...

    Thanks
    Kyle

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    How about EF 16-35mm F2.8..Is great for FF..
    EFS 10-20mm work on crop body

  4. #4

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    its not the answer im looking for...

    thanks



    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanav66 View Post
    How about EF 16-35mm F2.8..Is great for FF..
    EFS 10-20mm work on crop body
    Kinda expensive..

  5. #5

    Default

    Tokina 16-28mm f2.8?

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    its not the answer im looking for...
    If there is a need to modify the EF-S 10-22 in order to fit to FF camera .. then .. bingo! It is not intended to be used on FF.
    Please check Canon's websites or Wikipedia and read about the difference between EF-S and EF lenses. Basics of Canon equipment.
    EOS

  7. #7

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Then I guess the Canon 17-40 f/4 would be your next choice. 10-22 is supposedly meant for crop bodies only. It's a EFS lens. Only the EF lenses are compatible, of course there's a few third party ones.
    Licence to shoot.

  8. #8
    Senior Member engrmariano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rivervale
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    its not the answer im looking for...

    thanks
    what answer are you looking for??? its all there, "10-22 on 5D2"...

  9. #9

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by crabball View Post
    Tokina 16-28mm f2.8?

    any idea how much?

  10. #10
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    Hi,

    I'm Newbie in FF body so i just want to ask from you seniors

    if the Canon 10-22 is suited for 5dmk2?

    any expert suggestion on with lens in should buy for

    wide angle lens using FF?

    if this is posted by early newbie (Sorry)...please direct me to the correct link...

    Hope to hear from you soon...

    Thanks
    Kyle

    No, 10-22 is designed for CF sensors.

    If you want UWA on FF, some options:

    Canon 16-35 f/2.8
    Canon 17-40 f/4
    Sigma 12-24 f/4 (I think it's f/4)
    Various third party, make sure they must be compatible with FF

    CF sensor lenses will have visible vignetting at corners, sometimes cannot be mounted, if I'm not wrong. Suggest you stick to lenses that are meant for FF and not try to monkey around unless you really, really, really have a reason to do so.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    If there is a need to modify the EF-S 10-22 in order to fit to FF camera .. then .. bingo! It is not intended to be used on FF.
    Please check Canon's websites or Wikipedia and read about the difference between EF-S and EF lenses. Basics of Canon equipment.
    - This is the answer im looking for... "its not intended for full frames"... THANKS

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    Then I guess the Canon 17-40 f/4 would be your next choice. 10-22 is supposedly meant for crop bodies only. It's a EFS lens. Only the EF lenses are compatible, of course there's a few third party ones.
    - This is also the answer im looking for...
    "10-22 is supposedly meant for crop bodies only"
    THANKS

    - Yup.... i agree with the 17-40f/4


    Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    what answer are you looking for??? its all there, "10-22 on 5D2"...
    -Yup its there, but not the simple explanation in need since im still noob... but xhui and Octarine already answer it... Thanks for your info...

  12. #12

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    No, 10-22 is designed for CF sensors.

    If you want UWA on FF, some options:

    Canon 16-35 f/2.8
    Canon 17-40 f/4
    Sigma 12-24 f/4 (I think it's f/4)
    Various third party, make sure they must be compatible with FF

    CF sensor lenses will have visible vignetting at corners, sometimes cannot be mounted, if I'm not wrong. Suggest you stick to lenses that are meant for FF and not try to monkey around unless you really, really, really have a reason to do so.
    Thanks for the suggestions:
    "Canon 16-35 f/2.8
    Canon 17-40 f/4
    Sigma 12-24 f/4 (I think it's f/4)
    Various third party, make sure they must be compatible with FF"

  13. #13
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    any idea how much?
    No idea
    But there is a Price Guide
    EOS

  14. #14

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Sorry for asking again..

    KIT LENS
    for crop for full frame
    18-15 18-135 18-200 24-70 24-105

    AWU
    for crop for full frame
    10-22 12-24

    AWU
    for crop for full frame
    ??? 17-40

    Whats the equivalent range of 17-40 on FF in a crop body???

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid

    any idea how much?
    If not wrong, around 1k+. U can check out the shots I did under the review section. The shots are taken with 5d2

  16. #16
    Senior Member engrmariano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rivervale
    Posts
    3,532

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    Sorry for asking again..

    KIT LENS
    for crop for full frame
    18-15 18-135 18-200 24-70 24-105

    AWU
    for crop for full frame
    10-22 12-24

    AWU
    for crop for full frame
    ??? 17-40

    Whats the equivalent range of 17-40 on FF in a crop body???
    8-16 (cf) = 12-24 (ff)
    10-22 (cf) = 17-40 or 16-35 (ff)

  17. #17

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by engrmariano View Post
    8-16 (cf) = 12-24 (ff)
    10-22 (cf) = 17-40 or 16-35 (ff)
    Thanks

  18. #18

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    its not the answer im looking for...

    thanks
    He is showing you that you cannot physically mount the 10-22 on the 5D2 without modifying it.


    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    Sorry for asking again..

    Whats the equivalent range of 17-40 on FF in a crop body???
    A 10.6mm-25mm lens on crop would be equivalent to a 17-40 on FF.
    A 10-22mm on crop would be equivalent to a 16-35 on FF.

  19. #19

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    sigma 12-24 should be the widest non fish eye lens for full frames.

  20. #20
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: 10-22 on 5dmk2

    Quote Originally Posted by canonid View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions:
    "Canon 16-35 f/2.8
    Canon 17-40 f/4
    Sigma 12-24 f/4 (I think it's f/4)
    Various third party, make sure they must be compatible with FF"
    Sigma 12 - 24mm f/4.5 - 5.6 not f4 ( well i hope it was ).
    Just do not have overly high expectations for this lens, otherwise at the 12mm end, it is the widest rectilinear AF-able lens you can get on FF.

    Ryan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •