Thread: Group Photos in a relatively large hall

Default Group Photos in a relatively large hall

Any tips and tricks to share given the above scenario?

Assume that the group is between 30-50 people.
    Venue is in a large school hall or church sanctuary.

Will normal speedlight/flash be sufficient?

1)put the darker people in the front

2)flash may not be enough, move your ppl outdoor better than get multiple flashes or get studio stobe lights

hi, i took big groups of ppl b4.. for my church camp.. some tips is

-Try to get as much light as possible, like opening the curtains and switchig on all the ligths.
    -Try to get some reflectors and place them on areas where are darkers.. they can be whiteboards or reflective materials
    -Try to use a fine grain film, cos i believe u wil need to enlarge it to 8R. Or use fujifilm NPH films.. not bad...

metering wise, u need to control ur DOF... depends on how big is ur group. and if can use a wide lens like 19mm or 15mm.......

Quote Originally Posted by nickpower
    hi, i took big groups of ppl b4.. for my church camp.. some tips is

-Try to get as much light as possible, like opening the curtains and switchig on all the ligths.
    -Try to get some reflectors and place them on areas where are darkers.. they can be whiteboards or reflective materials
    -Try to use a fine grain film, cos i believe u wil need to enlarge it to 8R. Or use fujifilm NPH films.. not bad...

metering wise, u need to control ur DOF... depends on how big is ur group. and if can use a wide lens like 19mm or 15mm.......

Normally what is the F stop u use for large grp of pple? Is F5.6 or F8 enuff?