Thread: Sony camera and Carl Zesis

Default Sony camera and Carl Zesis

Bros & Sis

Does it make sense for a new bird getting into DSLR to get into Sony system just because of able to use Carl Zesis lenses and get auto focus (i.e compatible)?

Quote Originally Posted by desmondsoon
    Bros & Sis

Does it make sense for a new bird getting into DSLR to get into Sony system just because of able to use Carl Zesis lenses and get auto focus (i.e compatible)?
    If you die die want to use Carl zeiss lens, then go for Sony loh. Other brands might not be zeiss lens but you can be sure it enough no matter you are a newbie or a pro

Default Re: Sony camera and Carl Zesis

Depends on what CZ lenses mean to you

Each brand has its strengths and weakness in lens design, coating, rendition, etc

Being a newbie, are you even able to spend so much on CZ glass ?

Well, there are Nokia phones which use Carl Zeiss lenses and have autofocus..

Let's be realistic, CZ lenses are not really that expensive. Nikon pro lenses and Canon L lenses cost just as much if not more. Even Olympus pro lenses cost >$2k each.
    Last edited by tomcat; 25th January 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by desmondsoon View Post
    Bros & Sis

Why not? It's a big appeal, and the DSLR cameras are not bad and quite feature-packed.
    Alpha

If you want AF CZ lenses then i don't see why not. Thou there is so much more into Sony system than just those CZ lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by desmondsoon View Post
    Bros & Sis

Why not?

There are more than CZ in Alpha system...

you also get:
    In body stabilization.
    Cheap and good Minolta lens.

According to Popular Photography Magazine, Sony A55 was the camera of the year last year..

Only if Auto focus CZ means alot to you and you can afford it. Up till now , I still dont have CZ on my camera haha, but is planning to get one really sooon +D

You should look at what the Sony system can offer you as a whole including CZ.
    Last edited by Atarandas; 25th January 2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Alpha and Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Atarandas View Post
    Only if Auto focus CZ means alot to you and you can afford it. Up till now , I still dont have CZ on my camera haha, but is planning to get one really sooon +D
    Very dangerous poison... Zeiss or vintage Minolta glass... something very addictive there.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Very dangerous poison... Zeiss or vintage Minolta glass... something very addictive there.
    Ah I m planning to get the CZ 16-35 before i fly Japan in July

Read that the beercan might be a rebadge of Zeiss lens, not sure I see wrongly or wat .
    Alpha and Omega

Read that the beercan might be a rebadge of Zeiss lens, not sure I see wrongly or wat .
    rebadge of leica lens i think.

Rebadge of Leica, Minolta used to help them design and build lenses. It's the 70-210 f/4 Leitz lens.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Rebadge of Leica, Minolta used to help them design and build lenses. It's the 70-210 f/4 Leitz lens.
    Cool
    Alpha and Omega