Thread: Canon or nikon

Default Canon or nikon

I was thinking should I buy canon 60d or nikon d7000

Default Re: Canon or nikon

No doubt. D7000. You won't regret it.

You really need to try them out for yourself to make a decision. Don't let others influence you too much.
    Ergonomics are quite different. Chances are you'll prefer one over the other.

Happy Hunting!
    Exploring! :)

on paper..D7000 seems alot more superior, but practically not much differences.

i love the specs on the D7000 though, however ergonomics (should be grip) wise, 60D is light years ahead lol. oh i need to add that it's my personal opinion.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 25th January 2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post

i love the specs on the D7000 though, however ergonomics wise, 60D is light years ahead lol.
    really?
    As a d7k user you feel that way?

I would tend to disagree with you on that. Somehow I still prefer the feel of the Nikon grip and button/dials layout.
    Everyone has their own preference I suppose.
    Exploring! :)

i love the specs on the D7000 though, however ergonomics wise, 60D is light years ahead lol.
    I don't see how the 60D's ergonomics is light years ahead of D7000. There are reviews that say the back dial hurts your hands, the D-pad thing is too small and you don't know if you press it, etc etc. Ergonomics are subjective, some people will prefer Nikon's designs, some Pentax, some Canon, some Sony etc etc. Just have to try out yourself.

After reading up on the specs and the rough pricing of the camera models, I suggest you make a visit down the shops and try them hands on

Ryan

Pleaseread the Sticky called "What DSLR to buy?"

But if numbers are all that matter...

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/...takes-the-lead
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by musicoverline View Post
    I was thinking should I buy canon 60d or nikon d7000
    Keep thinking, add "reading reviews" and "understanding technical terms", add "going to showrooms and have hands-on feeling session", remove "ask others to do what they have done".
    It's your money, it will be your camera. Your turn
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I don't see how the 60D's ergonomics is light years ahead of D7000. There are reviews that say the back dial hurts your hands, the D-pad thing is too small and you don't know if you press it, etc etc. Ergonomics are subjective, some people will prefer Nikon's designs, some Pentax, some Canon, some Sony etc etc. Just have to try out yourself.
    In terms of Engineering design, both have its pros and cons. Nikon spent more time and effort in ensuring its DSLR takes into account handling ergonomics which explains why the buttons and dials are in the right places. There is of course a small percentage of palms that are too big or too small to fit comfortably.

Canon is not too far behind in its ergonomic design but the placement of buttons and dials are not inituitive nor is it placed in the right places which then force you to use more than just a thumb and first finger.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Although different models of comparison, i have tried my friend's 7D for comparison in handling against my D90, and i would say i still prefer the 2-dial set-up of nikon esp when shooting in manual mode. Different people, different preferences. So ergonomics-wise, i suggest you get some "hands-on" experience with both models (60D and D7000) coz ultimately it will be YOUR hands that will hold the camera.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    really?
    As a d7k user you feel that way?

I would tend to disagree with you on that. Somehow I still prefer the feel of the Nikon grip and button/dials layout.
    Everyone has their own preference I suppose.
    true.

button/dials layout i would prefer nikon's, but for the grip, i would think that the canon's 60D is alot better. i've tried my friend's 60D almost everyweek, mounted with 24-70 f2.8 n 70-200, while mine is mounted with nikkor's equivalent. so this is my personal conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    In terms of Engineering design, both have its pros and cons. Nikon spent more time and effort in ensuring its DSLR takes into account handling ergonomics which explains why the buttons and dials are in the right places. There is of course a small percentage of palms that are too big or too small to fit comfortably.

Canon is not too far behind in its ergonomic design but the placement of buttons and dials are not inituitive nor is it placed in the right places which then force you to use more than just a thumb and first finger.
    i always think that all nikon's DSLR are better than canon in terms of ergonomics, but for once, i feel that 60D's grip is alot more comfortable than D7000's esp on heavier lens. of cuz it's a different story for D300s, D700 and D3s. i wish nikon has a D300s grip design for D7000 lol.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 25th January 2011 at 10:27 AM.

go to a shop and try both. see which one you feel more comfortable to you. both are very good camera