Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Kuan Yew urges Muslims to 'be less strict'

Default Re: Lee Kuan Yew urges Muslims to 'be less strict'

Some of you should go and watch the award-winning movie My Name is Khan. Educate yourself. Islam is pure and a peace-loving religion. And I'm not even Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by zoneinfinite View Post
    Some of you should go and watch the award-winning movie My Name is Khan. Educate yourself. Islam is pure and a peace-loving religion. And I'm not even Muslim.
    Thank you, will look out for it later.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    I agree that we have a really cool moderate muslim populations in Singapore.

I can makan the babi stuff in front of my muslim friends for lunch & they are most cool with it as well as we respect & understand each other well

Yep, those extremist are a different story I would say. They even kill people from their own religions

lol, satu malaysia
    LOL! satu malaysia more like satu melayu..

Anyways, i find it hilarious that despite the polls showing that 90% of Chinese Singaporeans would elect a non-chinese PM, he calls it "utter rubbish" just because the results goes against his own ideas. Pretty childish i say. Pretty racist too.

... a word of caution on this topic ~ avoid it, play yr camera and shoot more.

I'd prefer to not discuss religion but this article of LKY is indeed interesting... i just wanna share few opinions;

1. Islam is not the only monotheistic religion that has a strong presence in singapore.

2. Islamic-related terrorism is not mainly a religious problem but a result of multiple combinations of unfortunate global factors.

3. Acceptance & Tolerance is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by slipdisq View Post
    LOL! satu malaysia more like satu melayu..
    lol!

Yep! Oh well, satu malaysia on the banners & posters but in real life, its satu melayu la

The irony........

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/01/...ws-non-legacy/

An article by a guy named Alfian Sa'at. Very very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Im a Muslim...im not angry..he has his ideas...i believe as a Muslim,i have to be strict to the teachings...but open to ideas...ideas that dont conflict with the basic teachings of Islam...

By accepting that Allah is One God the Almighty doesnt mean we cant accept other religions...to live among our neighbours peacefully...Prophet Muhammad's teachings are good examples, to respect other religions as much..terrorist doesnt mean Muslims...there are many non-Muslims terror groups around the world...people who kills the innocence are wrong religiously...what ever religion they believe in...

Terorist doesn't mean muslim. Terrorism is the result of negative mix between any religion and personal/group agenda. Throwing the extremist idea to the public and masking their action as something in the name of God.

I am non muslim, but i have few muslim buddies.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Closing thread, thanks all.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12