Thread: Tripod question...

Default Tripod question...

HI...

I need an advice on a tripod... currently i have a tripod which nikon provide in the package.. so do i have to get another better tripod for outdoor/night shooting or just stick with the nikon tripod provide... if to upgrade a tripod which tripod is better for the D7K with kit lens and 55-200m lens...? thanks...
    Ayie Lostarz | D7K | 18mm-105mm | 55mm - 200mm | SB - 700

Not sure what tripod is given in your package, but I assume it's those cheapo light tripod. they are not very stable IMO, you won't want your precious camera to fall with the tripod. Leveling your camera on them is a chore.

In that case, if you are not sure how often you are going to use a tripod, get a fancier series tripod. It is decent enough for most use and it is very affordable.

If you are serious, and budget is a constrain, Sirui and benro are decent brand.

Else, gitzo is the way to go. not forgetting manfrotto too.

Specs of the tripod will depend on your usage, equipment weight and your height.
    Last edited by chiangkxv; 24th January 2011 at 02:30 AM.

Default Re: Tripod question...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayie Lostarz View Post
    HI...

I need an advice on a tripod... currently i have a tripod which nikon provide in the package.. so do i have to get another better tripod for outdoor/night shooting or just stick with the nikon tripod provide... if to upgrade a tripod which tripod is better for the D7K with kit lens and 55-200m lens...? thanks...
    Bring it out for a try, if you find it flimsy or frustrating to use then you have your answer. If it works fine enough for you then just stick with it.

Do you want to risk thousand dollars worth of equipment on something that is flimsy and unstable? (Im assuming the free tripod given is of poor quality)

i just got a jusino Jusino AX255+BT02.. is it good enough...?
    Ayie Lostarz | D7K | 18mm-105mm | 55mm - 200mm | SB - 700

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Ayie Lostarz View Post
    i just got a jusino Jusino AX255+BT02.. is it good enough...?
    Since you have already bought one,stop worrying and just go shooting with it...