Thread: Compact camera recommendation!

Default Compact camera recommendation!

Hi all, Nice to meet u all! I am new here! I luv photography and thinking of getting a new compact camera. Any recommendation? I need a gd one with strong flash setting for night scenes as I love to take night sceneries! All help appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Compact camera recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by splendidmoments View Post
    Hi all, Nice to meet u all! I am new here! I luv photography and thinking of getting a new compact camera. Any recommendation? I need a gd one with strong flash setting for night scenes as I love to take night sceneries! All help appreciated. Thanks!
    Stating your budget would help us help you and you shouldn't use flash to take night sceneries, it doesn't help. Getting a tripod would help.

Default Re: Compact camera recommendation!

Night sceneries? What do you plan on doing, illuminating all of marina bay?

Using a flash is the #1 mistake I see newbies doing when they take pictures at night. If you want to take night sceneries, get a tripod.

Aside from that, go to the larger shops and try all the compact cameras that fit your budget. They'll all be ok.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by splendidmoments
    Do you mean ppl against night scene..

Most of the time a flash will do nothing for actual night scenes...