Thread: MBS Skypark Panorama

Default MBS Skypark Panorama

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Tripod not allowed so best I could do with holding my breath and ISO sky-high.
    Looking for feedback on composition, mood and Panorama editing. Just trying to improve.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    To feel that I am back up there again and again.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    taken w/o tripod, iso at 1200 and D7k. 3 shots panorama with some freehand adjustment on CS.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    Like this composite best out of 100s of tries. Manged to straighten the building on right but left side this is the best I could do. Did not like the lens diffusion and noise but without a tripod I have to make do with this.

Thanks
    Any comments would be most welcomed.
    Nikon D7000||Tokina [I]11-16mm/f2.8||AF-S DX 35mm/f1.8G||AF-S DX 18-105mm/f3.5-4.5||

Default Re: MBS Skypark Panorama

Underexposed, and it looks like the subject is the big, empty, marina bay. The railings, etc at the bottom part just distract from the image. I would only have kept the top half of the photo.
    Alpha

TS, the picture is seriously underexposed and the railing/glasses is defintely a spoiler. What and exposure time and F-Number you set for this picture?
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

nice try but it is too dark. not very interesting for me. hehe
    try to go earlier. iso can be set to 1600.. d7k no worries.

care to share your setting so the senior over here in CS can advice u better.
    Last edited by JinG14; 24th January 2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Shoot More Learn More

Photo too tight. Should add more space to the left and right.
    Underexposed. No Vibrance at all.

The angle is nice. Have potential to make a good photo.
    Canon 550D - EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS / EF 50mm f1.8 II
    Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Thanks for your CC.
    The exposure looks better before I upload. But I agree with the railing blocking the bottom, I was just trying to create some depth in the picture.
    Shoot taken with Lens 18-105mm@18mm, ISO1600, 1/20sec @f4.5.

Advice are welcome.
    Last edited by Redantckc; 25th January 2011 at 11:38 PM.
    Nikon D7000||Tokina [I]11-16mm/f2.8||AF-S DX 35mm/f1.8G||AF-S DX 18-105mm/f3.5-4.5||

wasted, go all the way up there never shoot with tripod (it can be done).

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    wasted, go all the way up there never shoot with tripod (it can be done).
    But he said that tripod is not allowed? Is this true? Haven't been up there but I wanted to go very badly but I can't due to NS.. If no tripod is allowed then it's really a wasted trip..

For the picture, the huge large empty marina bay would add to the picture only if there are reflections but for this case its totally dark. And the buildings surrounding the bay are also underexposed and the railing is a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Singapor3 View Post
    But he said that tripod is not allowed? Is this true? Haven't been up there but I wanted to go very badly but I can't due to NS.. If no tripod is allowed then it's really a wasted trip..

For the picture, the huge large empty marina bay would add to the picture only if there are reflections but for this case its totally dark. And the buildings surrounding the bay are also underexposed and the railing is a distraction.
    although there is a signboard saying tripod not allowed. i seen ppl posting in here that they close one eye.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    although there is a signboard saying tripod not allowed. i seen ppl posting in here that they close one eye.
    If you bring one and use it without anyone looking/complaining, it's OK. If are a good citizen and ask for permission, they'll tell you NO. If you get a super siau-on guard around, don't even think about it!

After being up there twice last year, it's not really worth the money...unless you have NDP/NYE fireworks and/or the construction behind ECP completed.
    Last edited by LifeInMacro; 26th January 2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Family | Health | Happy-ness. . . my Flickr here

As for the photo, I wouldn't really say it is underexposed. It's more like shooting at the wrong time of the day. Best time to shoot will be around 6.45pm to 7.30pm, where the lights are up and the sun has just gone down.
    Family | Health | Happy-ness. . . my Flickr here

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.
    I did have my tripod with me but I did not want to make a fool of myself because I have friends from oversea with me. But I did saw a security telling an AngMok to keep his tripod.
    By the way, because of the full height glass wall at the skypark with just a small window to put your camera through, it is really hard to setup tripod and position it at the window.
    I saw many ppl like me carrying the tripod but did not set it up.
    As for the timing of the shot, I was too late and missed the golden dusk hours.