Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fireworks Shooting

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    posted my shots of the firework taken with c750. not quite wat i am expecting. need more practice.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost....94&postcount=1
    hi illustrious / any1 out there ,
    pls advise how u post ur shots. thks.
    finally i have got some shots during the fireworks festival last nite. i wan to show off my shots for ur comments.

RGds

Quote Originally Posted by thheng71
    hi illustrious / any1 out there ,
    pls advise how u post ur shots. thks.
    finally i have got some shots during the fireworks festival last nite. i wan to show off my shots for ur comments.

RGds

Just go to www.photobucket.com and load your pics there.
    Then hotlink the pics back here by using the link [IMG].

Its free, try it !

Smile

thks cookiez.
    I have register myself to this website.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v417/t...Fireworks%201/
    Last edited by thheng71; 3rd August 2004 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Not able to link

thks cookiez.
    I have register myself to this website.
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v417/t...Fireworks%201/
    Wah, you are so close to the fireworks. Where was you ?

May be you could zoom out a little more to have more of the display included.

Most shots are over exposed. What setting did you use?

I am new to fireworks shooting, so may be I could learn from here.

Your pre-fireworks shots are grainny, what setting did you use? Look like they are of ISO400.

I will prefer to use the slowest film speed when possible, for C-750, I will use ISO50. It will produce the least noise.

Raymond
    Last edited by Raymondb; 3rd August 2004 at 08:35 AM.

Smile

haha!! well i'm new to digi cam & fireworks shooting oso.
    i was inbetween the esplanade & the carnival. there is an open ground. the firework did not fly high enough(mayb bcos of the rain) resulting my view is being block by the coconut tree.
    those photos that i have posted has been edited(brightness & contrast adjust using PS).
    Below are my setting used in my C-750uz cam
    Dial mode(A/S/M) : M
    Aperture : F8
    Shutter : 2sec
    Flash : Off
    Manual Focus to infinity
    Zoom to wide(W)
    ISO 200
    Auto Focus : Off

some advise given by expert out there saying that ISO need to set @ 100 ~ 200 for fireworks. Usually my ISO is set @ 50.
    can u share ur setting & let us view ur shots oso.

some advise given by expert out there saying that ISO need to set @ 100 ~ 200 for fireworks. Usually my ISO is set @ 50.
    can u share ur setting & let us view ur shots oso.
    Well, I was there too on that night, but chosen a lousy location. Far far away, and blocked by trees. (I thought I've heard that the firework will be shot at very high level !!?)

Here are two of the shots, both cropped.

Comments welcome.

http://community.webshots.com/album/170659935nDtLcg?281

Raymond

Thumbs up

wow!! nice shots. if not bcos of the tree blocking, it will be even more perfect image. so wat setting did u used? izzit ok to share. i saw some1 shooting @ shutter @ 1/8, beautiful shots oso.

wow!! nice shots. if not bcos of the tree blocking, it will be even more perfect image. so wat setting did u used? izzit ok to share. i saw some1 shooting @ shutter @ 1/8, beautiful shots oso.
    I have "play cheat" a little bit.
    I set the shutter to 10"~16", F8, ISO50, and added in a polarizer filter (The only filter I
    have beside the UV one), which step down the exposure by 2 stop (Else, the shot may be over exposed). For focusing, I set to manual, adjust to infinity, and step back 3 stop.

I basically let the shutter remain open and wait for the firework to appear. Thats why the photos are very noisy. (Did not turn on the NR function, as I didn't want to wait another 16" before the next shot could be taken)

The location that I did the shooting is really lousy. The lower portion of the display was totally blocked by trees and bridge. For the next display, I plan to go to Marina South.

Raymond

tried to play around with the setting last night taking lights over water, but the effect wasn't wat i was expecting. having big big headache now. no time to read the manual and test night shots. pray pray sunday can manage the fireworks. still thinking of place to shot. anyone going? location for shooting?
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

anyway to set exposure time on c750? i can't find in the manual.

Smile

hi ,
    izzit tis one u want to adjust...
    switch the dial mode to P. use the left or right to adjust the exposure(-2.0 ~ +2.0).

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    anyway to set exposure time on c750? i can't find in the manual.
    What exposure time are you referring to? Thought you have taken some noce shots during the firework display. Didn't you use manual exposure for those shots?

In manual mode, the C-750 can go as slow as 16".

Raymond

those pic i anyhow whack one! i read somewhere saying to use black card to cover lense and all... but how to do tat? exposure time set to 10sec and than open and close lense with black card to capture? i very blur! anyone going on sunday? demo realtime can? i'm a visual person, can't read instructions and follow one!

[QUOTE=illustrious]...exposure time set to 10sec and than open and close lense with black card to capture? QUOTE]

Yes, I suppose this is the way to go for C-750, as it does not offer "bulb" mode, which one could hold the shutter open as long as they wish to.

If the sky is dark, and your shot does not include any other bright object, you could just leave the shutter open without the need to cover the lense with black card (or lenses cap, etc)

One point to note, for C-750 (or other prosumer digital camera), long exposure will lead to more noise in the pictures taken.

Raymond

Smile

hi raymondb ,
    so wat do u thk is the ideal setting for shutter speed? 1", 2", 2.5",,,16"etc. advise. cos once the fireworks start i dun thk we have time the play/trial with the setting. thks
    rgds

hi raymondb ,
    so wat do u thk is the ideal setting for shutter speed? 1", 2", 2.5",,,16"etc. advise. cos once the fireworks start i dun thk we have time the play/trial with the setting. thks
    rgds
    Hi.
    I also not so sure leh.
    May be could try making use of the MyMode setting.

Set the 4 slots to F8 and 1",2",4",8" etc. or other combinations. Also set one of the 3 slots in the shotcut menu to "MyMode selection function". With this, when you turn the dial to mymode, you could just use the shortcut menu to switch between the four modes set previously.

One more setting could be stored which is through the A/S/M mode. With this, we will have 5 settings pre-stored for quick selection.

If you do not mind the noises, use F8 and 16" exposure, may be with some additional filter, and just "shoot and wait". The noise problably could be reduced through post processing.

Raymond

Smile

thks raymond.
    will try to pre-set the setting into mymode.
    so where do u intend to shoot from for tis coming Sun?
    well i hv tot of shootin from esplanade park(queen elizabeth walk) but afraid tat mightb trees blockin my views. 2nd place tat i hv tot is at the far end of one fullerton(clifford pier)...

Smile

hi raymond ,
    in the mymode setup, the zoom has a few setting 38mm, 50mm, 100mm 200mm n 380mm. wat shld i select. advise. thks.

hi raymond ,
    in the mymode setup, the zoom has a few setting 38mm, 50mm, 100mm 200mm n 380mm. wat shld i select. advise. thks.

These are the focal length (spelling?), with 38mm being the widest and 380mm being the maximum zoom. I will say use wider length, as they offer greater depth of field. However, it depends alot on where you shoot the display. You could always zoom in later if you wish to.

BTW, for your previous post, I have yet to decide, and not sure where to shoot for the next display. I think at Marina Park, below the bridge, near to the Sundial, may be a good location. Need someone who've taken shots there to confirm.

Raymond

Smile

thks raymondb ,
    i hv set my zoom @ all the 4 mymode setting @ 380mm. but my fear is tat once the fireworks start, i dun knw whether i hv the time to switch the mode here n there.
    actually my plan is to stay foot @ my previous setting n juz increase slightly on the shutter speed from 2sec ~ 2.5sec.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast