Thread: walking down memory lane

Default walking down memory lane

It was the on 21/01/11 that i decided to visit this kampong before it was all gone, i wonder if modern time really has no space for some traditional kampong

boy,i was excited when the first house greated me, it remind me when i used to stay at bukit timah 30 years ago, my mum used to tell me, u no study next time u empty soiled bucket ( some may remember those days )

i used to had my own garden,where i grow my own fruit,does any1 realise that our packet of roast peanut,can be used to grow again,i chong to their gardens,m.....this plant,i wonder if it will ever last long enough to bear fruit

look what have i found,bamboo plant,ah la mat last time why i never grow this plant,yes! it does look like a japanese zen garden

something is not right,was it me / the paper / or last time gar ver ment slow in doing thing ? i thought this kampong started 1953,but the sign said 1954

Default Re: walking down memory lane

nice series but watermark is a bit too "distracting BIG". try a smaller watermark

like the out of focus blur background,it is sad to know this kampong is slowly fading away from us, my grandchild would not know what a kampong means

the owner must be very sad to lose it all, though there is nothing i can do, but i really there is some light for her, image staying at a place for almost your entire life span n to lose it all,image the pain

ever play hide n seek s a child, n u peep to see if the catcher is nearby, if u share the this feeling when u c tis pix GOTCHA i caught,next time please lower your head when u peep

it is going to be very hard for the younger generation to believe u that singapore once hook up by all this wire

freedom is a sacre in modern living, how best to prove this point, is by this letter box,u need no key

Last edited by wish4me; 23rd January 2011 at 01:10 PM.

Wow...I would love to pay a visit there. My only concern is whether the people who stays there are comfortable with outsiders taking photographs there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Wow...I would love to pay a visit there. My only concern is whether the people who stays there are comfortable with outsiders taking photographs there or not.
    i gave out alive but not without some injury

u rich or poor i m sure after a day of hard day, most of us would like to go back to a WARM HOME, or neighour but what do we get, CLOSE DOOR WITH UNIT NUMBER, how i envy them

organic food is the best , chemical used on banana make skin look yellow n good, buy 40 days banana the best, old folk sure know how to take good care,freshest gauva to eat

priceless heirloom is past down generation to generation, how about kampong photo ?

Nice Warm and fuzzy nostalgic feelings...

work on your technicalities, and you'll be fine

Cheers
    Sharpen You Skill, and NOT your Lens....

nice shots

Quote Originally Posted by wish4me View Post
    something is not right,was it me / the paper / or last time gar ver ment slow in doing thing ? i thought this kampong started 1953,but the sign said 1954

1954 refers to the earlier 4-digit postal code.

Quote Originally Posted by funky88
    nice shots
    Thanks u :-)

Quote Originally Posted by acpical

1954 refers to the earlier 4-digit postal code.
    Ha ha ops my mistake forgot my history lesson

i managed to find myself a time machine to transport myself n my mentor to roughly a 100 years back for some photography due to some technical defect,was was taken perfect 100 year ago may not seem right at 2011, A DYING TREE

seriously i wonder does any1 still do bathtub like this,also i cannot seem to find the water heater, retro bathtub ?

it seem that the house is very airy as they do not use wall but rail

on closer look, it does seem tobe able to withstand rust

image the whole house was kept cool by all this

can any1 guess how many roon r there on the second floor

i cannot comprehen why thery need so many door

in it keyday

wow where is this abandoned house?

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    wow where is this abandoned house?
    u can pm me your contact than go shoot together,i thinking of second round, hard to tell u where it is

That's a really unique and nice place. Your colored photos are alright. BUT

Your B&W photos are very noisy, if you do it on purpose it's not really nice. Your watermark is extremely big and distracting. Watermarks are not for show, it's a digital signature of the original creator. It tends to be very small and at a corner to indicate that is photo is copyright and should never be used by others unless permission given.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    That's a really unique and nice place. Your colored photos are alright. BUT

Your B&W photos are very noisy, if you do it on purpose it's not really nice. Your watermark is extremely big and distracting. Watermarks are not for show, it's a digital signature of the original creator. It tends to be very small and at a corner to indicate that is photo is copyright and should never be used by others unless permission given.
    THANKS for droping by

will tone down on the noise level,and c what the effect on other black n white pix, ha ha ha watermark will try mine best to make smaller,dun knw y i always put big big , ok lah will resist the temptation to do it

thanks for you comment deeply appreciate it

nothing to do so i took a short walk around the park and took some shot,chop chop 45 min

can any1 tell me the true meaning of the words

dragon king of the sea

omg call police there is tiger on the run

they should take better care of the place,so much dirt on it

Yes, pls go VERY EASY on the watermark. it's too big and distracting. and IMHO, there's a very strong lack of composition in most pictures.
    Even Hot Girls Fart

a trumpet was blown a war cry heard far away loud n clear

who will be the winner