Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie here reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by RubbishBin1987
    Wah, simple suggestion turning flame. I guess this is different people view from different angle. Thanks a lot for the concern and reply regarding my first DSLR. I hope I can close this thread before it turns firestorm, but how do I close this thread? Anyone can help me?
    I'm sorry you are so sensitive. All I did was state facts, I don't get how you view it as a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by wootsk

I think what TS's friend means is when TS decided to get a better machine. I do understand that a normal camera can take good shots with good skill. It is still good to have a better machine (must consider your pocket as well), like why you constantly upgrading computer when you are into gaming.

But I need to remind TS that he should choose his set depending on what he decides to shoot. Crop body are lighter and better for long distance travel. Sports shooter will prefer faster FPS, but it all depends. I have a canon user friend who been to a landscape shooting outing with all nikon users and he came back talking about those nikon user saying how good nikon higher end camera are with such high FPS when I ask my friend why does he need the high FPS when shooting landscape... Fanboys...
    I don't intend to ever get a FF cam unless price comes down. And if it does I would think it would only be a matter of time before every brand has FF too. Adoption of technology happens to be much easier for the follower.

What I mean is that TS's friend didn't phrase it properly. It isn't pure serious, but when you are heavily into something, don't you feel that you would like a better or other equipment when your skill improves or trying to explore more? Else, I do hope I don't see those who thinks that "photography doesn't have anything to do w gear" in B&S saying that you sell something to fund for another equipment.
    Tell me, how many hobbyists you know need the additional features on anything beyond mid level cam???

Default Re: Newbie here reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I'm sorry you are so sensitive. All I did was state facts, I don't get how you view it as a flame.
    Yup, PS I am a bit harsh. Just finding a bit irritated about people comment about it's the photographer. Sometime, people need the right equipment for the right photo as well (cannot expect a bird shooter to use a 17-50mm kit?). But now a days, most people are commenting that even a IPhone is enough... (Enough for daily snapshot, but try taking dark action with it.)

If TS can afford, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

I think TS's friend is trying to suggest a futureproof solution; there is nothing wrong with a non-professional photographer buying full frame camera if they want to. Should TS become very interested in photography and his skills outgrow his equipment, getting Sony or a system that has full frame cameras will allow the TS to switch to full frame without bothering about switching brands and learning a whole new interface.
    Then he should also jolly well include the fact that if TS has long term plans to go FF , the set of lenses tends to be much more expensive. You can't use digital lenses on a FF camera.

Yup, PS I am a bit harsh. Just finding a bit irritated about people comment about it's the photographer. Sometime, people need the right equipment for the right photo as well (cannot expect a bird shooter to use a 17-50mm kit?). But now a days, most people are commenting that even a IPhone is enough... (Enough for daily snapshot, but try taking dark action with it.)

If TS can afford, why not?
    I think you quoted the wrong post?

I'm not talking about photographer or camera. That's a dead horse. I'm just highlighting a fact that you don't NEED it per se. Least of all to take photography seriously Unless you do think a flagship model toting photographer is the most serious of them all, then I'd say you need to reexamine yr def of serious

Of course anyone can want what ppl want, but there's still a huge difference between need and want. After all, who really needs a camera?
    Last edited by edutilos-; 23rd January 2011 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Tell me, how many hobbyists you know need the additional features on anything beyond mid level cam???
    Yup, but I seem too much hobbyist going beyond 35mm (120 and LF Field camera) since the past till now.Additional features needed or not depends on the want the photographer takes and can afford, so stepping up from a crop to a FF depends more on user financial and want ba ba

Sorry, me noob and my English sucks about serious and stuff, but I think TS has enough answer from this thread and the rest from the forum. It is up to TS to think about it throughout and hands on some of the camera he decided on before he makes his own decision. Anyway to close thread, TS click on thread tool and select close thread.

Thanks for the tip about close thread bro wootsk and about the concern from him and bro edutilo- and the rest. Thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12