Thread: National Day Parade 2004

Default National Day Parade 2004

The NDP is round the corner, and each time the radio / tv plays national songs, do you all feel a sense of patriotism ??? well, for me... i do feel happy and excited bout the national day... and i am really happy for Singapore's success so far.. even though we are recovering slow, but at least we are recovering rite ?? so y not u guys share with us here in CS. NDP is coming, and do you feel a sense of Patriotism in you. National Singaporean / Permanent Citizens / Overseas Singaporeans, Non-Singaporeans may join in the conversation. As long as you do feel for Singapore.

Singapore will be celerbrating her 39th Birthday at the Kallang National Stadium @ 8th August 2004. <-- is the date correct ar ? hahahaa.... i forgot my country's birthday.. its either 8/9 August.. heeX

Come on~ leTs gEt RoLlIn...

LONG LIVE SINGAPORE... its where we belong, its where we shall stand and defend our soil... The soil that we stand on, the soil that we defend, is OUR soil, MY Home, My Country. Is is where we belong, this is where we stand, and this is where we shall stand and fall together.... ONe fOr All, All FoR oNE..

9th Aug...

neh i dun feel that patriotic. i did see the fireworks just now from my office in paya lebar. quite nice.

i marched in NDP95 as the first GOH. that time yah, sure got pride.. now, died down liow. struggling with the rest of sg! doesn't mean the country is good or bad.. just make do lor. stay happy with my friends and family. (actually my direct family is not even in sg anymore, we migrated to australia ages ago, but i decided to come back to do NS and now living here)

i remember i was slightly PISSED OFF with the "quitter, stayer" crap from last year, or was it two years ago? anyway *shrug* life goes on, stay happy!

Its to see young people feeling patriotic about the country. Its always an irony that Singapore being so rich and successful, sees her own people displeased with every little thing that goes wrong. Many folks I've asked long to migrate overseas when they have their own children, or run overseas should Singapore enter a war. Nonetheless, I was also proud for her people when we all stood together during the SARS period.

In fact, I wonder how would the government and the people respond when Singapore's soccer team play well in the Asian Cup (or I dare say the World Cup). Will her people and leaders celebrate the way Greece, Portugal did in Euro 2004; Japan and Korea did in World Cup 2002?

i always feel patriotic during national day especially when i was watching the live telecast. almost feel like crying everytime when i see everyone singing those patriotic songs.

but that's it.

i am willing to die for my country
    but not the miws.

hope i am not starting anything political though
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Was one of the guys marching in the supporting contingent 2 yrs back. Wonderful atmosphere, really fantastic to be in the centre of a roaring crowd.

this year got no new national day songs? 93.3 still playing sun yanzi's we will get there the other night.

i felt extremely great when i performed for NCC during the NDP, we performed the Precision Drill... and i was like sooo excited about it. cuz its like, we have been training for the past 8mthz.. and all comes to this 5.4 minutes of performace... hahaha

and that was 2001, and i was in the 2002 NCC NDP marching contingent.. and 2003 NDP NCC Marching contingent and 2002 National Camp Opening ceremony ncc cheorographer / cadet-oic... hahahaha

and all happened like a dream to me... totally happy bout the past achievments.. but what can i say.. its all in the past.. hahahahah .... looking forward to my next NDP participation....

Feel proud for Singapore !!

I looking forward to every year National's Day. y?
    Got School Holiday for me mah

hahaha... 1 day holiday also gian mehz..... u so jian peng.. 1 day holiday nia... wad can u do ? stare ae the lens ? and clean the ccds ?

When during my NS I've heard a test pilot for RSAF said.

"I'm not here to tell you people to die for the country. But do what you can in contributing for the defence which you plays a part in protecting the loves one closest to you."

That makes sense. Most of us are more interested in protecting our loves one rather than acting like a patriot. So when each of us plays a part in protecting our family, our friends, our future. We make a strong and potent force.

I'll visit my sis and play with my nephew on national day. He'll be 2 years old on that day

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    hahaha... 1 day holiday also gian mehz..... u so jian peng.. 1 day holiday nia... wad can u do ? stare ae the lens ? and clean the ccds ?
    Now got 2 days lah (National's Day and The Day after National's Day)
    This year even better, connected with the weekends.
    Stare at the lens also better than going to school

hahaahah yar la... but then... school also got its advantage... hahahhaha.. stare at lens... good idea... stare at the CCD is also fun !! hahahahaahaha