Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    sorry i dun have picasa.

but using firefox and IE to view, both details lose in the rectangular area.
    if u have time, pls view it in LR or PS n let me know.. no obligation though...

Chrome & IE r atm not color managed.
    Safari & Firefox are..
    If u r proofing it right in PS, they shd appear right in the latter 2 browsers. and I believe they only use ICC v2 profiles, not v4.

So its up to ur choice since
    1. Ur viewers probably dnt even have calibrated monitors.

2. You wnt knw which browsers they using.

Thts until the other browsers catch up..
    HIHs

Bt of course, dnt take my wrds for it, go do ur own research..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 24th January 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Chrome & IE r atm not color managed.
    Safari & Firefox are..
    If u r proofing it right in PS, they shd appear right in the latter 2 browsers. and I believe they only use ICC v2 profiles, not v4.

So its up to ur choice since
    1. Ur viewers probably dnt even have calibrated monitors.

2. You wnt knw which browsers they using.

Thts until the other browsers catch up..
    HIHs

Bt of course, dnt take my wrds for it, go do ur own research..

after seeing your post, i download n installed safari and firefox on my Windows.. and ... it worked!

i don't know why... the pic is already in sRGB, so it should appear correct even for browser without color management... ... at least this is what i though i read from a website... maybe i digest it wrongly...

a big big thank you to you

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    My Chrome seems to be colour managed. Tested it with this website: http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_...profiles.html#
    i can see color shift in the first picture in my chrome v8 but no color shift is observed in firefox and safari.

So chrome does not support color management... though it is really very fast ..

now i can see the pictures in the portrait section render warmer...

safari is still the best.. i have some color problem with firefox before..

Simply explained, its like even if ur broadcast is HD, but ur TV is not, then of course what u c will b different..

I oso wonder which browser has e biggest mkt share atm, assuming you're using srgb bcause you're preparing e image primarily for web viewing..

Quote Originally Posted by redmonsoon View Post
    Simply explained, its like even if ur broadcast is HD, but ur TV is not, then of course what u c will b different..

I oso wonder which browser has e biggest mkt share atm, assuming you're using srgb bcause you're preparing e image primarily for web viewing..
    sad fact: it is not safari, i think alot of users do not realise safari can run on Windows...

http://www.netmarketshare.com/browse...e.aspx?qprid=0

Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    i can see color shift in the first picture in my chrome v8 but no color shift is observed in firefox and safari.

So chrome does not support color management... though it is really very fast ..

now i can see the pictures in the portrait section render warmer...

safari is still the best.. i have some color problem with firefox before..
    I just realised that Chrome is colour managed on Mac but not on Windows. I was very surprised when I just tried it again and the results showed that Chrome is not colour managed while I'm running it in Windows 7 on my MBP. My previous test was while running OS X.

To be sure it's not just me, I searched a bit and found this website citing the same thing: http://gearoracle.com/guides/web-browser-color-management-guide/

It's a little weird, but I guess that means that Chrome is a little bit better on Mac than on Windows...
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

Great article link Gengh, yes I was testing only on PC, so likely diff ver. released on PC & Mac..

No choice, unless wanna start putting disclaimer, please view only on so & so browsers..lol
    Else since according to that link, ATM, IE has 57.8% and not color managed, means its still best not to color manage for images meant for web..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 25th January 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Hi,

Here's my workflow regarding images meant for the web.

Disclaimer: Works for me, and your mileage may vary. But hopefully it may be of some help.

__

In Photoshop:

Under colour settings, I'd be in sRGB/North American General Purpose 02.

Firstly when working for web, I proof my colours using 'Monitor RGB'.

View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB

If I'm intending to print it, I'd usually have it in 'Working CMYK'.

Windows and Mac are biased differently, so if for some reason your target audience is solely mac users, you can check proof the colours using 'Legacy Macintosh RGB', for Windows it'd be the 'Legacy Standard RGB'.

__

With that in place, I'd edit my images as per normal. Usually I'd resize it and finally 'Save for Web'.

File > Save for Web and Devices

__

Usually, these steps work for me. Hope it does for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedraperyfalls View Post
    Hi,

Here's my workflow regarding images meant for the web.

Disclaimer: Works for me, and your mileage may vary. But hopefully it may be of some help.

__

In Photoshop:

Under colour settings, I'd be in sRGB/North American General Purpose 02.

View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB

If I'm intending to print it, I'd usually have it in 'Working CMYK'.

Windows and Mac are biased differently, so if for some reason your target audience is solely mac users, you can check proof the colours using 'Legacy Macintosh RGB', for Windows it'd be the 'Legacy Standard RGB'.

__

With that in place, I'd edit my images as per normal. Usually I'd resize it and finally 'Save for Web'.

File > Save for Web and Devices

__

Usually, these steps work for me. Hope it does for you too.
    hi

i did try to soft proof using View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB, but i find the result very different from soft proofing use Working CMYK...

but the images (converted from prophoto to sRGB, then 16bit to 8 bit and save as jpeg) appear in my browser like what i see when i am soft proofing using Working CMYK.

I am confused, soft proofing using Monitor RGB should yields the same result as what i see on my browser right?

[QUOTE="Thedraperyfalls"]Hi,

Bro,
    When u 'proof' using Monitor RGB, its using ur current monitor color space to display file WITHOUT color management.

Its like telling PS to turn off color mgt altogether since only your monitor is 'profiled' to look right. The best it can do is likely it may be ok too in non-colored managed browsers as discussed above..

Hi,

sorry if my post has misled you further.

Either way, I was at the library just now and I came across an article on this particular topic in the magazine 'Photoshop User'.

It's titled 'Saving Images with Correct Profiles'.

I scanned and uploaded it to Mediafire.
    You can download the scanned article HERE.

I hope this will help more than my previous attempt. Cheers,
    Last edited by Thedraperyfalls; 25th January 2011 at 10:05 PM.

Hi,

sorry if my post has misled you further.

Either way, I was at the library just now and I came across an article on this particular topic in the magazine 'Photoshop User'.

It's titled 'Saving Images with Correct Profiles'.

I scanned and uploaded it to Mediafire.
    You can download the scanned article HERE.

I hope this will help more than my previous attempt. Cheers,
    hi brother

really appreciated your kind effort

Hey no worries,

I'm just hopping that the article would be of some use to you.

Hey no worries,

I'm just hopping that the article would be of some use to you.
    tks alot brother! it definitely helps me and others.

take care

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12