Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

  1. #1

    Default photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Hi

    I noticed that there is a difference when i view my edited photo in photoshop and web browsers.

    Do you experience this?

    In my latest photo, i create a Level and change the blending mode to Hard Light, and then I use brush to reveal details in the shadow. But when I view it in IE and Chrome, I found out that the shadow details are gone, but I can see the shadow details in Photoshop and Picasa.

    Do you experience this? Does that mean I need to create another version just for the browser?

    tks

  2. #2

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Hi

    I noticed that there is a difference when i view my edited photo in photoshop and web browsers.

    Do you experience this?

    In my latest photo, i create a Level and change the blending mode to Hard Light, and then I use brush to reveal details in the shadow. But when I view it in IE and Chrome, I found out that the shadow details are gone, but I can see the shadow details in Photoshop and Picasa.

    Do you experience this? Does that mean I need to create another version just for the browser?

    tks
    When you export to jpg or whatever format, do you see the preview of the image? Is it similar to what you see in IE and Chrome?

  3. #3

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    hi

    i forgot to upload the image i am talking about..

    here it is.




    edit: in my chrome and IE, i see a patch of shadow with no details on the right of the picture. But in picasa, photoshop, i can see details...

  4. #4

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    When you export to jpg or whatever format, do you see the preview of the image? Is it similar to what you see in IE and Chrome?
    don't really understand what u mean by preview... but what is do is after i have edited it, i will changed it to 8 bit and convert the color profile from prophoto to rgb and save as jpeg. when i view this jpeg file in browser and picasa etc, i see 2 different results...

  5. #5

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    Hi

    I noticed that there is a difference when i view my edited photo in photoshop and web browsers.

    Do you experience this?

    In my latest photo, i create a Level and change the blending mode to Hard Light, and then I use brush to reveal details in the shadow. But when I view it in IE and Chrome, I found out that the shadow details are gone, but I can see the shadow details in Photoshop and Picasa.

    Do you experience this? Does that mean I need to create another version just for the browser?

    tks
    Photoshop - Color managed
    IE & Chrome - Not Color managed
    Firefox 3 - Color Managed

    Also note the color space that you are editing when in Photoshop, and if the image is tagged with a color profile when you export it.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,984

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    Photoshop - Color managed
    IE & Chrome - Not Color managed
    Firefox 3 - Color Managed

    Also note the color space that you are editing when in Photoshop, and if the image is tagged with a color profile when you export it.
    My Chrome seems to be colour managed. Tested it with this website: http://www.gballard.net/psd/go_live_...profiles.html#
    My photos - see just some or all of it =)

  7. #7

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    Photoshop - Color managed
    IE & Chrome - Not Color managed
    Firefox 3 - Color Managed

    Also note the color space that you are editing when in Photoshop, and if the image is tagged with a color profile when you export it.
    but all my jpeg files are using sRGB profile, because i knew most users won't be using color managed browsers.. so i don't think this should be the cause.

  8. #8

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    When u DO, which color space do u use? S.RBG or Adobe.RBG or other?

  9. #9

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    I've encounter similar problem, please assist. Anyone? Checkout my prob

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836022
    Olympus OMD E-M5 kit len. Letting nikkor 35mm dx f1.8g

  10. #10

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by mmeeoo View Post
    When u DO, which color space do u use? S.RBG or Adobe.RBG or other?
    hi

    i edit using prophoto rgb color space, and when i have done with edit, i convert from 16-bit to 8 bit and also to sRGB.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    hi

    i edit using prophoto rgb color space, and when i have done with edit, i convert from 16-bit to 8 bit and also to sRGB.
    just guessing, if i do any conversion... i will only do 16bit to 8bit then export to jpeg, i dun do the extra step of converting to sRGB.

  12. #12

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    just guessing, if i do any conversion... i will only do 16bit to 8bit then export to jpeg, i dun do the extra step of converting to sRGB.
    if u don't convert to srgb, those who viewed your pic w/o a color managed browser will see it differently. hence it is always better to convert to srgb.

    what color space u using in camera and in LR?

  13. #13
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    if u don't convert to srgb, those who viewed your pic w/o a color managed browser will see it differently. hence it is always better to convert to srgb.

    what color space u using in camera and in LR?
    using the default.

    u may also want to try without any editing, do the same way how u export out see if the details are lost? - reverse engineering method

    also things to consider:
    - You are using a ND filter for the above photo right? Most such filters gives off a color cast, which may interfere with your PP (IMO), so you may want to correct the color cast first before editing.
    Last edited by sinned79; 24th January 2011 at 03:19 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    using the default.
    u shoot raw right? if shooting raw. then the camera color space does not count.. then if ur LR working color space is srgb, then u don;t need to convert from one color space to another...

    but that is only for web publishing lah...

    next time when u wan do printing, the game will be different...

  15. #15
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    u shoot raw right? if shooting raw. then the camera color space does not count.. then if ur LR working color space is srgb, then u don;t need to convert from one color space to another...

    but that is only for web publishing lah...

    next time when u wan do printing, the game will be different...
    edited my post, u see my post again.

    i done printing too. but dun have think kind of problem.
    Last edited by sinned79; 24th January 2011 at 03:22 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    i am not sure if these details is lost due to PP (see red color rectangle area)



    i dun think the conversion u mention will cause this because other areas appears to be fine.

    but then i might be wrong also.

    best way is to reverse engineer this problem without any editing.

    do straight conversion to jpg like what you did without editing.
    Last edited by sinned79; 24th January 2011 at 03:26 PM.

  17. #17

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    edited my post, u see my post again.

    i done printing too. but dun have think kind of problem.
    i am not saying u will have this problem when printing... it is rather sometimes u print the print look different from what u see in your PC. it don't apply to all pictures... the cause is bcos the srgb color space is smaller than the cmyk color space and clipping happens.. there are tons of info on this topic...

  18. #18

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i am not sure if these details is lost due to PP (see red color rectangle area)



    i dun think the conversion u mention will cause this because other areas appears to be fine.

    but then i might be wrong also.

    best way is to reverse engineer this problem without any editing.

    do straight conversion to jpg like what you did without editing.
    so far such things only happen when i do editing.. u know i always go for very dark tones... somehow i suspect picasa etc handle the lower values better.. browser will just render them as 0,0,0 instead of say 15,15,15.

    i guess i got no choice lah.. need to create one version for web lor...

  19. #19

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i am not sure if these details is lost due to PP (see red color rectangle area)



    i dun think the conversion u mention will cause this because other areas appears to be fine.

    but then i might be wrong also.

    best way is to reverse engineer this problem without any editing.

    do straight conversion to jpg like what you did without editing.
    dennis u have picasa ? do u see some details in the shadow in picasa?

    u saw nothing using browsers right?

  20. #20
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: photo appear different in Photoshop and web browsers (chrome and IE)

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    dennis u have picasa ? do u see some details in the shadow in picasa?

    u saw nothing using browsers right?
    sorry i dun have picasa.

    but using firefox and IE to view, both details lose in the rectangular area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •