Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: non-camera mobile phone with nice screen and web surfing capabilities

Default Re: non-camera mobile phone with nice screen and web surfing capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    How abt bringing those tablet with 3g capabilities?
    at your own risk of being stolen.

Default Re: non-camera mobile phone with nice screen and web surfing capabilities

How abt bringing those tablet with 3g capabilities?
    MSD directive. No electronic devices including smartphone with a diagonal display larger than 4.3 inch is to be brought into any protected SAF installation even if they have no external or removable data storage device and USB port.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 3rd February 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    OOS = out of stock
    Damn! Really? Planning to get it on Sat. Looks like its selling like hot cakes!

HTC Snap
    Pro: Cheap, damn cheap
    Con:no resale value, low battery life and slow processor, windows OS == disaster

HTC Touch
    Pro: Cheap
    Cons: super slow, you need to touch 2x (just joking), super laggy

Blackberry 9780 (non camera) -
    Pro:very fast and no lag, navigation through optic pad is smooth and fast, slightly slower than Torch, using latest OS 6, long battery life
    Cons: You need BIS or BES to fully utilize the functionalites of BB phone, expensive without camera

I am using BB 9780 and my friends using the HTC Snap and Touch so this is my reviews on the 3 phone.

Alternatively, you can find a 2nd hand BB 9000 or 9700 but at the expenses of lower battery life and slower speed for 9000 and lower RAM and lag on 9700 upon upgrade to OS 6.

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    MSD directive. No electronic devices including smartphone with a diagonal display larger than 4.3 inch is to be brought into any protected SAF installation even if they have no external or removable data storage device and USB port.
    Any device with a screen larger than PSP is prohibited. No USB cable even if it's used to charge your phone like the HTC snap which comes with charger adapter and USB charging cable separately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    really meh? my previous ICT last week got fellas walking past MPs with their iPads without being confiscated at the guardroom.

and, in my 2010 ICT, BCTC RSM confiscated PSPs. i really think no one really knows wat is the real directive and wat is not, except all can agree no camera.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    really meh? my previous ICT last week got fellas walking past MPs with their iPads without being confiscated at the guardroom.

and, in my 2010 ICT, BCTC RSM confiscated PSPs. i really think no one really knows wat is the real directive and wat is not, except all can agree no camera.
    Is in black and white, those with access to MINDEF Intranet can check it out but come on, we all know how SAF does things. Officially by right and normally by left on a day to day basics.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 3rd February 2011 at 03:17 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    Woa I never knew the part about 4.3 inch screen size thing..

HTC Touch 2. Slow damn slow and dman expensive for its price. Had to sell it off immediately after ICT.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    Oic, strange that they have a restriction bases upon display size.

Blog Entries

Oic, strange that they have a restriction bases upon display size.
    it's SAF... nothing makes sense.

i guess at the end of the day, it boils down to whether the camp's RSM is siao on or not lor. oh well...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    it's SAF... nothing makes sense.

i guess at the end of the day, it boils down to whether the camp's RSM is siao on or not lor. oh well...
    SAF seems to know how to select someone to be the RSM, so far 99% of the RSM i seen/come across all siao on one.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    SAF seems to know how to select someone to be the RSM, so far 99% of the RSM i seen/come across all siao on one.
    A warrant officer dosen't become a RSM/FSM without sucking a mouth full of balls.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 5th February 2011 at 12:06 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

i just bought a bb 9780 non cam yesterday!

The biggest double standard org.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12