Thread: What Package to provide for a company event?

Default What Package to provide for a company event?

Hi mates, I've recently gotten a free lance shot for a company dnd. It's a low budget one and they are offering to pay about 350 for the evening..

I'm only planning to take ard 500+ pics with simple editing and burn into cd.. Is tat reasonable?

Default Re: What Package to provide for a company event?

Most D&D have low budget for event photographer.
    I get more providing an hour shoot and print instant
    photography service as a per-dinner entertainment
    activity.
    Of course I have more logistics and labour. But its
    short and sweet.

If you are comfortable, then go for it otherwise decline
    tackfully. For 4 hours thats about the rate for normal D&D.
    Anyway if you dont have any other engagement, who want
    to give you $350 for 4 hours?

_______
    Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |

This is my official 1st event.. I ok with the rate and to get more exposure.. Just wanna get more experience and hopefully doing it more often in future..

Thanks for ur kind feedback..

Firstly, there is no such thing as being 'reasonable'. It really depends on yourself as the photographer to see if this price and work is 'reasonable' for you. Some may say wow, this is good money, while the rest may say, it's a waste of my time.

You should actually ask yourself this question, is $350 worth my time and effort? Since it's first time for you, I personally will say it will be good exposure and portfolio for you. Just be careful not to c**k it up, since it's the company's D&D.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by bangchew86 View Post
    Hi mates, I've recently gotten a free lance shot for a company dnd. It's a low budget one and they are offering to pay about 350 for the evening..

I'm only planning to take ard 500+ pics with simple editing and burn into cd.. Is tat reasonable?

$350 is cool, I started off supplementing with such events as well 7 years ago. On the spot payment and return in DVD instantly, btw. Now can even buy 2GB thumbdrive and give 2 media, VAS. (shoot in Large, normal). Do remember, they usually rubberband, so $350 is just fine. Even nowadays, if someone approaches me, I still will do....and give me all if its non-peak (expensive stuff used). Can even throw in LIVE for a small fee.
    Last edited by 2100; 21st January 2011 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks peeps for all the feedback and info! Now I have a rough idea what to do..