Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your technique if your lens has no VR or VC, how do make your shots sharp (not

Default Re: What's your technique if your lens has no VR or VC, how do make your shots sharp

Quote Originally Posted by NoS77 View Post
    I personally elbow myself when shooting.aka left elbow on my ribcage. Find that this helps me better than just elbow tucked in. Able to shoot at 200mm at slower speed as well. But with SSS turned on to aid.
    wow...i very interested to know how u can manage to elbow yourself.

Default Re: What's your technique if your lens has no VR or VC, how do make your shots sharp

besides having a good posture, i also shoot in burst of 3/4 and pick the best.

blur is a random event, if your shutter speed is not that long, there should be at least 1 decent pic out of the 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    VR/VC is not everything, Ansel Adams had no VR/VC but he still took many amazing photos.
    He also carried a big 20 lbs tripod.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by george671 View Post
    For starters you should set your initial shutter speed to at least an inverse fraction of your lense focal length...Than go up 1 speed for good measure..i.e. 50mm lenses (1/60th sec or faster), 85mm lenses (1/100th sec or FASTER)...300mm lense (1/500sec or faster) etc...Learn how to breath...Hold you camera/lense with 2 hands...You can always up the ISO to insure quick enough shutter speed.

www.snakephoto.blogspot.com
    feels like sniper training hmm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123