Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: tamron 18-200

  1. #1

    Default tamron 18-200

    Is it a good lens for wide angle ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    For travelling , holiday , streets , family . So called "Everyday taking pictures" the type I am

  3. #3

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Its is good for everyday walkabout, basically is a "do-it-all" lens unless you are looking for really wide or long focal lengths.

    It is a wide angle but not exactly specializing in that area. 18mm is pretty average, most kit lenses start at that focal length.

  4. #4

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Its is good for everyday walkabout, basically is a "do-it-all" lens unless you are looking for really wide or long focal lengths.

    It is a wide angle but not exactly specializing in that area. 18mm is pretty average, most kit lenses start at that focal length.
    Yes thats is what I wanna hear about like everyday walkabout and do it all type of lens .

    Tamron AF 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD IF

    Is this the full name of that lens ? What is the singapore price for that ?
    Because I intend to get it at HK

  5. #5

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    AF 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 XI Di-II LD

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518391

    The canon price list has the price for both the Sigma and Tamron versions. You do know that this lense does not have VC right?

  6. #6

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    AF 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 XI Di-II LD

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518391

    The canon price list has the price for both the Sigma and Tamron versions. You do know that this lense does not have VC right?
    VC what the meaning of it ?

    I'm on ND5000 and thought of getting this for everyday walkabout .

  7. #7

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    VC what the meaning of it ?

    I'm on ND5000 and thought of getting this for everyday walkabout .
    VC = Vibration compensation, basically the VR on a nikon lens. You are going to have a hard time at the longer end if you do not have steady hands.

  8. #8

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    VC = Vibration compensation, basically the VR on a nikon lens. You are going to have a hard time at the longer end if you do not have steady hands.
    ahhh sucks .

    my friend recommend on me this Tamron 18-200mm in Singapore the price is around $300 (estimate) and has a VR on it .

    Is it true ?

  9. #9

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    ahhh sucks .

    my friend recommend on me this Tamron 18-200mm in Singapore the price is around $300 (estimate) and has a VR on it .

    Is it true ?
    Doesn't seem so from the price guide. It says the lens is around the $600 range.

  10. #10

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Doesn't seem so from the price guide. It says the lens is around the $600 range.
    hmmmm.
    What model can you recommend for a wide angle lens as a everyday shooting as Im using
    D5000 with AF and VR too . ?

    Because he recommend me Tamron 18-200mm which is around $300 estimate market price in Singapore and as far as im concern theres no AF,VR

  11. #11

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    hmmmm.
    What model can you recommend for a wide angle lens as a everyday shooting as Im using
    D5000 with AF and VR too . ?

    Because he recommend me Tamron 18-200mm which is around $300 estimate market price in Singapore and as far as im concern theres no AF,VR
    You can take a look at the Nikon 18-200 VR, Sigma 18-200 OS, Sigma 18-250 OS or Tamron 18-270 VC. They are all not in the $300 range though.
    Last edited by spree86; 20th January 2011 at 11:47 PM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    You can take a look at the Nikon 18-200 VR, Sigma 18-200 OS, Sigma 18-250 OS or Tamron 18-270 VC. They are all not in the $300 range though.
    Ahh damn.

    Thought of getting a wide angle lens down here in HK because of their price much more better at HongKong but I have a budget wise because I've spend alot for shopping and such

  13. #13

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    Ahh damn.

    Thought of getting a wide angle lens down here in HK because of their price much more better at HongKong but I have a budget wise because I've spend alot for shopping and such
    If you are really serious in getting one, HK is probably the best place to get it. It will cost much more once you get back here.

  14. #14
    Member fmeeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: tamron 18-200

    Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    Ahh damn.

    Thought of getting a wide angle lens down here in HK because of their price much more better at HongKong but I have a budget wise because I've spend alot for shopping and such
    I am a little confused here. Do you have the 18-55mm kit lens which comes with the D5000?
    If yes, none of these lenses that were listed will give you a wider angle. They all (including the kit lens) go down only to 18mm.
    These lenses will give you more reach in the telephoto segment, but if you want wideangle, you have look for something smaller which goes less than 18mm.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •