Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Food photography

  1. #1

    Default Food photography

    Is anyone into food photography?

    Love looking through good cook books that feature fine food photography.

    Feel free to share some.
    Last edited by kman; 17th July 2004 at 10:37 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Zilch? No food lovers here?

    Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Is anyone into food photography?

    Love looking through good cook books that feature fine food photography.

    Feel free to share some.

  3. #3

    Default

    maybe they love food so much they ate it before there was a chance to shoot!

  4. #4

    Default

    I do some food photography but not very nice one lah

  5. #5

    Default

    Starting to try food/product photography... currently... all "naturally under exposed"
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    800

    Default

    nice work by one of our fellow Clubsnappers (Leonzhu),

    http://leonzhu.fotopic.net/c118384.html

  8. #8

    Default

    Lol...perhaps. You flip burgers?

    K

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgaFlippinMan
    maybe they love food so much they ate it before there was a chance to shoot!

  9. #9

    Default

    Would love to see some!

    K

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania
    I do some food photography but not very nice one lah

  10. #10

    Default

    Well, would love to see some when you're ready for them to be exposed...

    K

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    Starting to try food/product photography... currently... all "naturally under exposed"

  11. #11

    Default

    Good stuff AJ! One could almost reach out and touch the food! I really dig the lime shots, totally did it for me, especially the closeup. The local kueh shots were very clean and vivid...a little over-exposed for me but detailed nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

    K


  12. #12

    Default

    Nice and subdued. Quite a contrast from AJ's work. Leon's muted colours and
    subdued lighting gives the food a different 'flavour' so to speak. Tastefully done for sure.

    Thanks for sharing the pics.

    K


    Quote Originally Posted by w.s
    nice work by one of our fellow Clubsnappers (Leonzhu),

    http://leonzhu.fotopic.net/c118384.html

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    984

    Default

    i like aj's high key feel and arrangement of the food

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    i like aj's high key feel and arrangement of the food
    Yes, they are quite striking indeed.

  15. #15

    Default

    My friend told me that my food photos are too flat. How to make it more 3d?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania
    My friend told me that my food photos are too flat. How to make it more 3d?

    work on your light, really hard to explain here. read magazines, see the pictures, see how and where the light falls.

    i love Mos burger pictures of all fast food, happen to be there last night, see how they shoot their burgers, very good play of light, and read Donna Hay. i like the australians way of shooting food as well.
    Last edited by Belle&Sebastain; 22nd July 2004 at 02:26 PM.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania
    My friend told me that my food photos are too flat. How to make it more 3d?
    Could be lighting or colour saturation. Try playing with lighting, contrast and hue to see if the pics improve. And yes, reading and research would definitely help.

    Kman

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    i love Mos burger pictures of all fast food, happen to be there last night, see how they shoot their burgers, very good play of light, and read Donna Hay. i like the australians way of shooting food as well.
    I even love the way MOS burgers taste too. Yum.

    And yes, I agree with you. The Australian lifestyle magazines have some wicked photos that are often very inspiring. Even their home decor stuff are amazing. Worth a read.

    Kman

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •