Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: hi! How to check my SC ah?

  1. #1
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default hi! How to check my SC ah?

    hi guys! Im using nikon D3000. Thanks in advance . Btw! Can anyone tell me more about SC? What will happened when i reached the maximum sc?

  2. #2

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    the sc data can be found in the exif info of your photo. Do a search for freeware for sc reader.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  3. #3

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    hi guys! Im using nikon D3000. Thanks in advance . Btw! Can anyone tell me more about SC? What will happened when i reached the maximum sc?
    There is no maximum. MTBF is just an estimate. It could fail earlier or later.
    Alpha

  4. #4

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Try googling opanda iexif, it's free. It only reads the SC from jpgs though, if you shoot raw, it will not work. I tried converting my RAW file to jpg, but it doesn't read the shutter count. Usually, you will change your camera before your shutter fails. It's not that easy to break the shutter, so don't worry too much about shutter count.

  5. #5

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    hi guys! Im using nikon D3000. Thanks in advance . Btw! Can anyone tell me more about SC? What will happened when i reached the maximum sc?
    The rated (maximum) number of shutter actuations of a camera is a guideline. This means that the shutter mechanism has been designed and tested to last at least, let's say, 100,000 actuations for the D3000.

    While the shutter mechanism should work to 100,000 and beyond actuations it is also possible to die or fail before the rated/advertised 100,000 mark.

    Unless you are really shooting like machine gun continuously, it's not something you need to be concerned or worried too much about.

    Use your Shutter Count as an indication how much you have been using the camera.

  6. #6

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    There's no Max no for it. It depends on your luck whether it can tahan till that no.

    It all depends on its build quality, how you use it and maintain it. usually ppl wun hit tt e max unless like wad others say you always use it like a machine gun or most likely you will upgrade to some other camera after using for a duration..
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

  7. #7

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Shutter count does not show up for cannon, dont know if it will for nikon
    Opanda IExif for Win98 / Me / 2000 / XP
    http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/


    For canon it shows the shutter count, dont know if it will work with nikon.
    EOSInfo is a simple utility that presents useful information about your Canon EOS DSLR. To use EOSInfo, your EOS DSLR camera must be connected via USB cable and powered on. The data presented depends on the model of your camera - not all items are available for all EOS models.
    EOSInfo evolved from the wildly popular 40DShutterCount utility - the name change reflects the wider applicability and expanded information presented. Future enhancements planned for EOSInfo include: one-button syncing of date/time with the PC, the ability to edit the owner name, copyright, and artist fields (including special characters), and the ability to check against an online server to verify that the firmware is up-to-date.

    http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx

    _______
    Abdullah | www.PictureU.biz | Instant Photography for Events |
    Last edited by AAljunied; 21st January 2011 at 02:48 PM.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brapodam
    Try googling opanda iexif, it's free. It only reads the SC from jpgs though, if you shoot raw, it will not work. I tried converting my RAW file to jpg, but it doesn't read the shutter count. Usually, you will change your camera before your shutter fails. It's not that easy to break the shutter, so don't worry too much about shutter count.
    Most software will retain exif when doing a conversion. In some software you need to enable the option to retain exif info. In Photoshop if you do a cut and paste, you will lose the exif. If you use crop tool the exif is retained.

  9. #9
    Member atkblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    johor bahru and kelantan
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Most software will retain exif when doing a conversion. In some software you need to enable the option to retain exif info. In Photoshop if you do a cut and paste, you will lose the exif. If you use crop tool the exif is retained.
    hi bro, if i using nikon viewnx2 to convert my raw file does it retain exif? to be honest i'm a newbie in digital photography. so hope you can explain more regarding exif. thanks and sorry to all i not intend to sabotaj this thread

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atkblues

    hi bro, if i using nikon viewnx2 to convert my raw file does it retain exif? to be honest i'm a newbie in digital photography. so hope you can explain more regarding exif. thanks and sorry to all i not intend to sabotaj this thread
    It should. But I cannot confirm since I am using a 3rd party software to convert raw.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 21st March 2011 at 10:46 AM.

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by atkblues View Post
    hi bro, if i using nikon viewnx2 to convert my raw file does it retain exif? to be honest i'm a newbie in digital photography. so hope you can explain more regarding exif. thanks and sorry to all i not intend to sabotaj this thread
    when you are using ViewNX2 to do file conversion, you will see option of

    □ Remove Camera setting information

    □ Remove XMP/IPTC information

    □ Remove ICC color profile

    if you don't select the check boxes, the information will retain in the conversion.

    Your question is noting related to the original question which thread starter posted,
    please start a new thread if you have any other questions.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Member atkblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    johor bahru and kelantan
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: hi! How to check my SC ah?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    when you are using ViewNX2 to do file conversion, you will see option of

    □ Remove Camera setting information

    □ Remove XMP/IPTC information

    □ Remove ICC color profile

    if you don't select the check boxes, the information will retain in the conversion.

    Your question is noting related to the original question which thread starter posted,
    please start a new thread if you have any other questions.
    sorry
    no rules in art

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •