Thread: Equipment and tools

Default Equipment and tools

Wanna ask what are the extra equipment and tools used, other than the digital camera?
    ie. Adobe Photoshop, Spyder Pro, flash, tripod.......

Thanks!

yea u got the list right... just keep going... the list never ends... hehe..
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Nick,
    Surely, you can add in a bit?
    Like, does anyone buy a dimmer...something to control the light intensity? or lux meter, etc....

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by agnesmullen
    Nick,
    Surely, you can add in a bit?
    Like, does anyone buy a dimmer...something to control the light intensity? or lux meter, etc....
    Are u setting up a studio as well? That would mean a real long list... else you might wanna consider lotsa filters - polarizer, NDs, etc. a good spot meter would come in handy when u move beyond the 'not-too-perfect' in-built metering... a good tripod that's light, stable and with a quick release feature... I am not too much of a pro-flash person, unless its a studio setup (a ring flash would seemed like an interesting item to get )... the Spyder Pro would make a good investment...

Brain block... any help?

i think the camera, lens, flash, tripod bunch would do fine for a start.. to further refine, get a light meter and other stuff like that, other than that the basic equipment should do fine right now, if u are learning photography...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

good eyes and good heart are the two most important tools

Quote Originally Posted by sabbatical
    Are u setting up a studio as well? That would mean a real long list... else you might wanna consider lotsa filters - polarizer, NDs, etc. a good spot meter would come in handy when u move beyond the 'not-too-perfect' in-built metering... a good tripod that's light, stable and with a quick release feature... I am not too much of a pro-flash person, unless its a studio setup (a ring flash would seemed like an interesting item to get )... the Spyder Pro would make a good investment...

Brain block... any help?
    Thank you so much.
    I'm pretty new to photography, trying to get as much info as I could from you guys....
    Studio...hmm... if I could get some space.....
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what is ND?
    I got the Spyder Pro.....

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    i think the camera, lens, flash, tripod bunch would do fine for a start.. to further refine, get a light meter and other stuff like that, other than that the basic equipment should do fine right now, if u are learning photography...
    Thanks Nick.....
    I got a lux meter but I reckon it wasn't good enough...coz sometimes, it doesn't seem to work well....hehe.....
    anyway, what have you got on your side?

ND = Neutral Density... I've seen it, used it... reminds me of Cir-Polarizer..

Cool

Yup - ND is a Neutral Density filter, it comes in a few diff. density range.
    It is used mainly when the natural light source is too intense and would tend to overexpose all your mid-range tones.

But if you're shooting in B&W, use a red filter - gives great mid-range tones.

A circular polariser would be good when you want your colours a litte more intense, because it helps to cut off most of the flares and stray ambient light source (kinda like the effect you get when you wear a good pair of sunglasses ) a great filter to have - must have esp. if you want to shoot thru glass panels - it's amazing (do not use with flash though)

For a dark room, what kind of stuff do you have in them?