Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers

  1. #1

    Default The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers

    The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
    by Scott Kelby
    ISBN: 0735714118

    Is this book any good? Anyone care to enlighten me please.
    Thinking of getting it. It's about SGD$63 @ Kino.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PornStar
    The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
    by Scott Kelby
    ISBN: 0735714118

    Is this book any good? Anyone care to enlighten me please.
    Thinking of getting it. It's about SGD$63 @ Kino.
    does kino allows you to flip thru the book to see?

  3. #3

    Default

    I haven't read the book myself but I find this other one very very good esp with the demo CD.

    Adobe Photoshop CS for Photographers by Martin Evening, Focal Press.

    Try it and let me now what u think.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigberd
    I haven't read the book myself but I find this other one very very good esp with the demo CD.

    Adobe Photoshop CS for Photographers by Martin Evening, Focal Press.

    Try it and let me now what u think.

    Try? Haha...I wish I had the dough to do that dude...trying to get it right on the first attempt. Such books don't come cheap....maybe the library has it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimtong
    does kino allows you to flip thru the book to see?
    computer book store @ funan has unwrapped copies.

  6. #6
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Search National Library here
    http://aqua.elibraryhub.com/default.asp
    Seem to be hot fav book out there...

    Alternatively, go to bookstore at funan to browse...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PornStar
    The Adobe Photoshop CS Book for Digital Photographers
    by Scott Kelby
    ISBN: 0735714118

    Is this book any good? Anyone care to enlighten me please.
    Thinking of getting it. It's about SGD$63 @ Kino.
    I have the book .. its very good, considering my puny photoshop skills. Don't expect to learn how photoshop works though. Its a step-by-step guide on how to do stuff... e.g various methods skin softening, sharpening, etc etc
    Last edited by darrelchia; 16th July 2004 at 01:05 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ransoma22
    Search National Library here
    http://aqua.elibraryhub.com/default.asp
    Seem to be hot fav book out there...

    Alternatively, go to bookstore at funan to browse...

    Quote Originally Posted by darrelchia
    I have the book .. its very good, considering my puny photoshop skills. Don't expect to learn how photoshop works though. Its a step-by-step guide on how to do stuff... e.g various methods skin softening, sharpening, etc etc
    Thanks guys, think I'll check out the library before commiting.
    Appreciate all the valuable input.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigberd
    I haven't read the book myself but I find this other one very very good esp with the demo CD.

    Adobe Photoshop CS for Photographers by Martin Evening, Focal Press.

    Try it and let me now what u think.
    Do you know how much this book by Martin Evening costs?

    Is this book available in Singapore?

  10. #10
    Member ransoma22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    KTV Lounge Hall
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bgat
    Do you know how much this book by Martin Evening costs?

    Is this book available in Singapore?
    It available in singapore
    Check this out

    http://www.acmabooks.com/rethink.boo...5d&pid=1287833

  11. #11

    Thumbs up

    i have this book, purchased at Computer Books @ Funan. very interesting topics for intermediate to advance level. highly recommended.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy_SAP
    i have this book, purchased at Computer Books @ Funan. very interesting topics for intermediate to advance level. highly recommended.

    Just like to clarify, which book are you refering to? Scott Kelby or Martin Evening?

  13. #13

    Default

    Another book worth examining at is "Phtoshop : Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann published by New Riders. You can check out a sample chapter of this book at the following URL

    http://www.digitalretouch.org/2editi...lorcorrect.pdf and
    http://www.digitalretouch.org/download/retouch_book.pdf

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bgat
    Do you know how much this book by Martin Evening costs?

    Is this book available in Singapore?
    computer book store @ funan $61

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PornStar
    Just like to clarify, which book are you refering to? Scott Kelby or Martin Evening?
    mine is from Scott Kelby.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    碧山
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    Another book worth examining at is "Phtoshop : Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann published by New Riders. You can check out a sample chapter of this book at the following URL

    http://www.digitalretouch.org/2editi...lorcorrect.pdf and
    http://www.digitalretouch.org/download/retouch_book.pdf
    i read the first edition of this book and was very informative. It is very suitable for those who wants to make their photos look better...

  17. #17

    Default

    I have the Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for Photographers by Martin Evening and I find the information as well as tips and tricks very detailed and informative. The section on color space, color management and preparation for lab/offset printing is particularly informative and useful.

    However my attention span with books is very short and if you're like me, you're better off borrowing the book. Taking its size and thickness into consideration, it's not easy for me to bring it out to read while I'm on the bus/MRT too.

    Don't have to find the Photoshop CS version. IMHO, the Photoshop 7.0 one is enough. Sometimes simple tools does the job better than its more advanced cousins.

  18. #18

    Default

    Anyone who wants two very informative Photoshop 6 and 7 books I have them up for sale. I agree with Caesium.. YOu don't have to particularly get the CS version books. These have more than enough stuffs.. Besides the books are in excellent condition and one of them comes with a CD. PM me for details.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    172

    Default Digital Photography, An introduction by Tom Ang

    Or anyone wants another good one, its from Tom Ang, a photographer and photoshop guru. This book was featured in the pc mag couple months back. I got it for $34. I'm done with it and want to let it go for $20.

  20. #20

    Default

    Yeah - saw this book too - but it's for Photoshop. Can I use it for Photoshop CS?

    Slight OT : What's the difference bewteen Photoshop and Photoshop CS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    Another book worth examining at is "Photoshop : Restoration & Retouching" by Katrin Eismann published by New Riders. You can check out a sample chapter of this book at the following URL

    http://www.digitalretouch.org/2editi...lorcorrect.pdf and
    http://www.digitalretouch.org/download/retouch_book.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •