Thread: Photoshop problem

Cool Photoshop problem

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. If not Mod pls transfer the thread or delete it. I dont want to get another infraction.

Im having the following problem with my photoshop:

The photo will alway appear very dark in the photoshop and the nikon ViewNX. But when I use Microsoft photo view and picasa it is bright and colorful as the photo seen to be when view in the camera LCD.

When I adjust the exposure and brightness to a viewable level in photoshop and ViewNX, I will see the photo as overexpose. WHat happen here? Any recommendation?

Olympus OMD E-M5 kit len. Letting nikkor 35mm dx f1.8g

Default Re: Photoshop problem

How large is the difference, maybe you could print screen and show us?

Posting images would be helpful.

Perhaps if you are looking at raw images, PS will be using the actual raw image whereas the MS photoviewer would be using the embedded jpg with in camera adjustments?

Rendering engine could also be slightly different as MS photoviewer may always try to bump contrast and saturation to appear brighter and sharper...

#1, both photoshop and Nikon NXview are Color Management aware softwares, whereas photoviewer is not ICC support, and not sure is picasa ICC supported too.

#2, Camera LCD is not accurate for judging of exposure and colors. learn to read histogram.

#3, before you do any editing, you need to have your monitor calibrated, so it will reproduce images faithfully, needless to say if the your images look good on your uncalibrated monitor, it may not look good in a calibrated monitors.

so, there is noting wrong with photoshop.

lastly, your last infraction received and thread deleted is because of you post B&S thread outside personal classifieds, read the sticky threads will help you in using this forum better.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

For a designer, we always take reference from Photoshop as we believe photoshop gives the most accurate colour, tones, contrast, etc...

Smile Re: Photoshop problem

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    #1, both photoshop and Nikon NXview are Color Management aware softwares, whereas photoviewer is not ICC support, and not sure is picasa ICC supported too.

#2, Camera LCD is not accurate for judging of exposure and colors. learn to read histogram.

#3, before you do any editing, you need to have your monitor calibrated, so it will reproduce images faithfully, needless to say if the your images look good on your uncalibrated monitor, it may not look good in a calibrated monitors.

so, there is noting wrong with photoshop.

lastly, your last infraction received and thread deleted is because of you post B&S thread outside personal classifieds, read the sticky threads will help you in using this forum better.
    Thanks for the explaination. I encounter the Photoshop issue only after a period of usage without a prob. It just out of sudden become darker on the screen. Try to do the adjustment for the pic to view it clear and bright. After saving the picture and I view it at the photoviewer it's all overexposed.

I've tried uninstall and install again, prob still the same. As many of my friend dun view the photo on photoshop or viewnx. I can't pass them the edited photos. Have yet to try printing the photos. Maybe will try 1.

Will try to printscren to show different.

Thanks

Hi guys the problem I face with photoshop. Im very new to photoshop, didnt know wat to do so asking for help!!

This is the printscreen for the different

Before adjustment in photoshop

What I did to adjust the image in PS

After the adkustment

So any ideal what happen??

Anyone can explain?

photoshop is color managed
    windows viewer (on winxp) is not color managed

thats y u see different colors

Have you calibrated your screen? Have you checked all PS settings? Make sure PS does not apply any corrections or uses any kind of profile (screen, print, whatever). The calibration profile must be loaded by the OS, nothing else.
    The section Digital Darkroom has plenty of threads about the topic.
    EOS

In Photoshop, Ctrl+Shift+K and print screen?

Cool Re: Photoshop problem

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    What will it do??/
    Will try it...

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Have you calibrated your screen? Have you checked all PS settings? Make sure PS does not apply any corrections or uses any kind of profile (screen, print, whatever). The calibration profile must be loaded by the OS, nothing else.
    The section Digital Darkroom has plenty of threads about the topic.
    Huh?? Blur... New to PS... Was fine many months back and untill one day it just become dark....Till now still dark.. So everytime I try to adjust the level and save the pic.. the pic appear to be overexpose... Didnt do any calibration the previous time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishermen21 View Post
    Huh?? Blur... New to PS... Was fine many months back and untill one day it just become dark....Till now still dark.. So everytime I try to adjust the level and save the pic.. the pic appear to be overexpose... Didnt do any calibration the previous time.
    If you don't start at a defined point (= calibration) you'll never achieve anything useful. Forget what was some months back, unless you can find out exactly what has happened. But it seems you cannot, so best to start fresh.
    1) Get a screen calibrator device
    2) Calibrate your screen, make sure the OS loads the profile upon start
    3) Make sure you set the colour space to sRGB in camera as well as in PS during edit and export.
    4) Check your images, you might be surprised.
    If you don't understand the topic then please read up in Digital Darkroon. It's not a Photoshop topic, it's the basics of a colour-managed workflow, regardless which image editor you use.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Tested the step.... Workable...Thank you thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fishermen21

Tested the step.... Workable...Thank you thank you
    What were your color settings?

Ive got no idea Wat is color setting?

Quote Originally Posted by fishermen21 View Post
    Ive got no idea Wat is color setting?
    in PS, Edit-> Color Setting